Archived Topic

Patterson on BYU independence: I hope it works out

by CougarClaw · 10/12/2010

Advertisement
C
CougarClaw
From the tweets on the right about BYU going Independent:


Patterson wrote:




"I just worry for their sake, that it all works out for them, It's a hard deal


this from the same guy who swore in his wrath that he'd never play us?

he hopes it works out for us? well that's nice coach, how about a few games then?



maybe we can make him slam his clipboard again this year.
L
Lawboy
Eh, I think he is just worried about TCU and knows that a MWC minus BYU is weaker and affects his own team. Can't say I blame him for thinking that way. He has worked hard to build a program and a good rivalry helps. TCU is growing one with BYU and Utah, now both teams leave, and TCU is left with BSU only.
A
ABYUFAN
Patterson, although being a good coach, is a turd. I hope he breaks his leg....
G
Gunk
It's all just PR fluff. Right before a big game he's hardly going to give us some ammunition and talk trash about us going independent. It's a rather brilliant statement, because it at first it actually makes you think, "Hey, this guy isn't so bad," which defuses things a bit. Well played, Patterson, well played. Not buying it though.
P
pjmuli
ABYUFAN wrote:
Patterson, although being a good coach, is a turd. I hope he breaks his leg....


I like and respect Coach Patterson. Part of me kind of feels like the rivalry with TCU really could have developed into something special if we could turn around our performances the past couple of years.
Advertisement
A
ABYUFAN
All of God's children (except Gary Patterson) wear the same color jersey
-Dieter F. Uchtdorf
I
Italics
It's a tough deal? For who? Maybe TCU... not BYU. A tough deal will be BYU making four times the amount of $$$ with one game in 2016 than what TCU makes in an entire season. Good riddance, TCU.
C
CannonCougar85
Chris Farley does a great Gary Patterson impression under the name Matt Foley.



Or maybe Gary Patterson is doing a great Matt Foley impression...



http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hcR7hr4LLQg



The Gary Patterson impression starts at 0:34.



*And youtube wouldn't let me embed it here.
H
hypercoug
BYU independence affects TCU in a huge, negative way. What could have been a very strong conference with BSU, TCU, Utah, BYU is down to just 2 of those teams.



Although I doubt Patterson blames BYU for what they did, he can't be happy about it. And he's going to have his team, and the Ft Worth fans, PUMPED up and is going to want to absolutely destroy BYU on Saturday.



I just hope the cougs will be able to match the intensity, make a few good big plays (turnovers?) early on, to silence their crowd a bit and give the team confidence.
A
ABYUFAN
hypercoug wrote:
BYU independence affects TCU in a huge, negative way. What could have been a very strong conference with BSU, TCU, Utah, BYU is down to just 2 of those teams.



Although I doubt Patterson blames BYU for what they did, he can't be happy about it. And he's going to have his team, and the Ft Worth fans, PUMPED up and is going to want to absolutely destroy BYU on Saturday.



I just hope the cougs will be able to match the intensity, make a few good big plays (turnovers?) early on, to silence their crowd a bit and give the team confidence.




Somehow I doubt that the 15 total fans at the game will make much of a difference.... ;)
Advertisement
B
BoiseBYU
ABYUFAN wrote:
All of God's children (except Gary Patterson) wear the same color jersey
-Dieter F. Uchtdorf


And is there any allowance for tight fitting? The next time I see Patterson in one of those tight fitting shirts that shows every last ripple of fat and his nipples, I'm gonna hurl!
I
Italics
BoiseBYU wrote:
All of God's children (except Gary Patterson) wear the same color jersey
-Dieter F. Uchtdorf


And is there any allowance for tight fitting? The next time I see Patterson in one of those tight fitting shirts that shows every last ripple of fat and his nipples, I'm gonna hurl!


Reminds me of that time I met Urroner at a stake picnic...



( ;) @ Urroner)
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.