Archived Topic

Streaming Games Online

by mizzoucoug · 10/11/2010

Advertisement
M
mizzoucoug
I think most of us who live out of state and don't have DirecTV are highly interested in having online options to view games on the Mtn and CBS Sports for this final season. My understanding is that those channels are available on local cable in Utah. Is there anyone out there who is willing to upload their feed for the rest of the world?



There is almost always a feed for games on VS, I can watch pretty much any NHL, NFL, or college football game online as well. But I never get to see BYU and that ticks me off!



I will send a TV tuner (to hook up the cable line to your PC) to any brave soul who is willing and can faithfully broadcast all the games for the world to see. More than anything, I want to watch Jimmer in his final season of bball. Please!
B
BigCougsFan
I thought you could watch any game you wanted online. That's what I've done in the past if it was broadcasted in a channel I didn't have.



I forgot what those websites are. I'm sure someone knows them



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
M
mizzoucoug
BigCougsFan wrote:
I thought you could watch any game you wanted online. That's what I've done in the past if it was broadcasted in a channel I didn't have.



I forgot what those websites are. I'm sure someone knows them



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">


Anything available online is due to an individual streaming them from his/her own cable or video collection. It's not automatic, and considering the size of our fanbase, I can't believe nobody has decided to take it on yet.
M
Matty-B
I would be willing to do this.

I only watch the games on MY couch on MY tv etc...

So I will be home for every game.

If you will do the research and send me links/info on how exactly to do it. Is be happy to help. It's probably necessary to tell you I have an imac. It's currently hooked up to my tv via hdmi but doesn't transmit sound.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
S
scott715
channelsurfing.com and justin.tv
Advertisement
R
Raiderboy
Channelsurfing.com, justin.tv,and atdhe.net don't always have streams of the game is the problem.
G
Guest
Another problem is that it is illegal to rebroadcast the games, and yes, companies are suing for illegal use of copyrighted materials right now. I don't know how wise it is to talk about it on a public forum.
Y
YBrit
Raiderboy wrote:
Channelsurfing.com, justin.tv,and atdhe.net don't always have streams of the game is the problem.




NONE OF THESE AIRED BYU FOOTBALL GAMES





A major d-bag Wyoming fan had parts of the Nevada game, but he kept flipping over to games that had been decided by 40+ points with 2 minutes left. Then he'd flip over to QVC, I think to just P off Y fans.





We need Y games aired by Y fans. PERIOD



Having not been able to watch the games using those online sources I can tell you unless a Y fan gets on this, don't expect to see any more games. PERIOD
Y
YBrit
I have the necessary parts to connect, problem is because I have those parts I don't have satellite. Catch 22.
G
Gunk
YBrit wrote:





We need Y games aired by Y fans. PERIOD



Having not been able to watch the games using those online sources I can tell you unless a Y fan gets on this, don't expect to see any more games. PERIOD


Hmmm...how about we come up with some sort of system or shared password only known to those loyal to BYU. Games can be shared over a private channel. Maybe we can come up with some sort of secret combination to ensure word doesn't get out of our plot to gain access to BYU football games.
Advertisement
B
BroncoBot
Gunk wrote:





We need Y games aired by Y fans. PERIOD



Having not been able to watch the games using those online sources I can tell you unless a Y fan gets on this, don't expect to see any more games. PERIOD


Hmmm...how about we come up with some sort of system or shared password only known to those loyal to BYU. Games can be shared over a private channel. Maybe we can come up with some sort of secret combination to ensure word doesn't get out of our plot to gain access to BYU football games.

I'm down and would donate some money to whoever is broadcasting.
Y
YBrit
Me too.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.