Archived Topic

First BYU play of the game ...

by kfilly20 · 10/10/2010

Advertisement
K
kfilly20
JJ gets the ball on a handoff up the middle. A guy sitting down the row from me stands up and screams " THROW THE FREAKING BALL ANAE !!!!" I am bringing earplugs to the game next time so I don't have to listen to all the idiotic people. Or maybe I will bring headphones and listen to Wrubell call it like all the old folks do. They must be on to something.
S
SpiffCoug
kfilly20 wrote:
JJ gets the ball on a handoff up the middle. A guy sitting down the row from me stands up and screams " THROW THE FREAKING BALL ANAE !!!!" I am bringing earplugs to the game next time so I don't have to listen to all the idiotic people. Or maybe I will bring headphones and listen to Wrubell call it like all the old folks do. They must be on to something.

I'm in my 30s and this is what I do. It makes the game more enjoyable, IMO, and give me better situational awareness.
G
Guest
Anyone who doesn't listen to Wrubell at the games is a fool.
C
CAFB_04-12
hawkwing wrote:
Anyone who doesn't listen to Wrubell at the games is a fool.

I used to do this when I was a kid, but then KSL went digital the lag became too long to endure (15-20 seconds). Is there still the delay when at the stadium? At the Florida State stadium this year they sold radios that advertised no lag. Thought that was a brilliant idea.



I can't remember the last time I didn't have the TV on mute and KSL.com on LOUD!
S
SpiffCoug
CAFB_04-12 wrote:
Anyone who doesn't listen to Wrubell at the games is a fool.

I used to do this when I was a kid, but then KSL went digital the lag became too long to endure (15-20 seconds). Is there still the delay when at the stadium? At the Florida State stadium this year they sold radios that advertised no lag. Thought that was a brilliant idea.



I can't remember the last time I didn't have the TV on mute and KSL.com on LOUD!

There is no lag if you listen to the AM signal and about a two second lag if you listen on FM.
Advertisement
E
EM_Puma
kitic77 wrote:
There is no lag if you listen to the AM signal and about a two second lag if you listen on FM.


There was no lag on either AM or FM Saturday. For some reason I was getting good reception on 102.7 FM in 1st half, but then I started to get static in the 2nd and I switched to 1160 AM and there was no lag in either.



I once forgot my headphones for a game and I didn't enjoy it as much. It's the extra info that you are fed to understand what is going on below as you can't notice everything and they can review plays and let you know what they think much sooner than waiting for "official reviews". Saturday though was one of the only times I ever heard Greg Wrubell being so certain that a play was going to be reversed and then it wasn't. You could tell he was shocked on that one BYU fumble.
C
CAFB_04-12
EM_Puma wrote:
There is no lag if you listen to the AM signal and about a two second lag if you listen on FM.


There was no lag on either AM or FM Saturday. For some reason I was getting good reception on 102.7 FM in 1st half, but then I started to get static in the 2nd and I switched to 1160 AM and there was no lag in either.



I once forgot my headphones for a game and I didn't enjoy it as much. It's the extra info that you are fed to understand what is going on below as you can't notice everything and they can review plays and let you know what they think much sooner than waiting for "official reviews". Saturday though was one of the only times I ever heard Greg Wrubell being so certain that a play was going to be reversed and then it wasn't. You could tell he was shocked on that one BYU fumble.

I've learned tons more about football by listening to Wrubell and watching the TV on mute. I really don't think anyone does it better than Wrubell. Great to know about no-lag in the stadium!



In Wrubell's defense, that ball was stripped before the knee hit the ground. Not sure where the whistle was, but that looked like a clear fumble to me on TV as well.
P
ProV1
Wrubell is the greatest, seriously. Listen to him every game.
E
EM_Puma
CAFB_04-12 wrote:
I've learned tons more about football by listening to Wrubell and watching the TV on mute. I really don't think anyone does it better than Wrubell. Great to know about no-lag in the stadium!


but isn't it hard to enjoy though watching a game and listening to KSL as they are always our of sync aren't they? They have been on the few times I've done that.
S
SpiffCoug
EM_Puma wrote:
I've learned tons more about football by listening to Wrubell and watching the TV on mute. I really don't think anyone does it better than Wrubell. Great to know about no-lag in the stadium!


but isn't it hard to enjoy though watching a game and listening to KSL as they are always our of sync aren't they? They have been on the few times I've done that.

Not with DVRs. The radio is usually a few seconds behind the TV so all you have to do is pause your TV a few seconds to sync it up.
Advertisement
C
CAFB_04-12
EM_Puma wrote:
I've learned tons more about football by listening to Wrubell and watching the TV on mute. I really don't think anyone does it better than Wrubell. Great to know about no-lag in the stadium!


but isn't it hard to enjoy though watching a game and listening to KSL as they are always our of sync aren't they? They have been on the few times I've done that.

I can adjust the delay on my Slingbox to closely match the delay on the internet feed, so it works for me. A DVR is the ideal solution.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.