Archived Topic

One of Bronco's Finest Moments?

by BoiseBYU · 10/10/2010

Advertisement
B
BoiseBYU
Hard to say that a win that puts you at 2-4 might be one of the best wins in his career, but what do you think? The chaos of Sunday, a rested, prepared, hungry and favored opponent, multiple serious injuries to the D, and we still won--the team DID respond. The O controlled the game and the D stopped the rush. Gutsy fake field goals and even timely time outs. The D sprinting out to the field to play--I hope that is in the highlights. The team rallied around Bronco. Bronco Mendenhall is BYU football...So where do you rank this game? I rank it in the top five for sure
S
SpiffCoug
Bronco's Top Five:

2009: Oklahoma

2008: UCLA

2006: Utah

2006: TCU

2009: Oregon St
B
BoiseBYU
kitic77 wrote:
Bronco's Top Five:

2009: Oklahoma

2008: UCLA

2006: Utah

2006: TCU

2009: Oregon St


OK top 10 ;) I'd actually quibble about UCLA, but not much. Maybe I am too close to this game and time will give it more perspective, but to pull out this win...amazing...weren't we favored against UCLA and Oegon State?
S
SpiffCoug
BoiseBYU wrote:
Bronco's Top Five:

2009: Oklahoma

2008: UCLA

2006: Utah

2006: TCU

2009: Oregon St


OK top 10 ;) I'd actually quibble about UCLA, but not much. Maybe I am too close to this game and time will give it more perspective, but to pull out this win...amazing...weren't we favored against UCLA and Oegon State?

We certainly weren't 59-point favorites. We had the perfect gameplan for that game. Everything we did worked on offense, defense and special teams. That game was probably as close to being played perfect as a Bronco-coached team has played.
B
BoiseBYU
kitic77 wrote:
kitic77 wrote:
Bronco's Top Five:

2009: Oklahoma

2008: UCLA

2006: Utah

2006: TCU

2009: Oregon St


OK top 10 ;) I'd actually quibble about UCLA, but not much. Maybe I am too close to this game and time will give it more perspective, but to pull out this win...amazing...weren't we favored against UCLA and Oegon State?

We certainly weren't 59-point favorites. We had the perfect gameplan for that game. Everything we did worked on offense, defense and special teams. That game was probably as close to being played perfect as a Bronco-coached team has played.

I can't argue with that...I guess maybe dealing with the adversity factor, taking on new coaching assignments and dealing with far less experienced and losing confidence players in winning the SDSU game are things that I put a high value on and for me would put this game in the top ten if not the top five. Higher than the UCLA game? Perhaps not but I still think yesterday was a signature win for the coach
Advertisement
B
bball
That "perfect game play" against UCLA would not have gone very far with 13 dropped passes. I'm still really peeved with our receivers. The game these guys come to play will be a game we win in impressive fashion. The defense has now come to play, Heaps has come to play, the Oline has come to play, and the running backs have come to play. All we need is for the receiving corps, all of them, to come to play, and we'll be a complete team (well, almost, we haven't talked about our kicking game yet).
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.