Archived Topic

Max Hall=Kurt Warner?

by wildeone · 10/8/2010

Advertisement
M
mizzoucoug
Except he'll have to head out to an Arena league for a little while then go bag some groceries at Kroger til someone decides they want him.



I will be rooting for him really hard. Warner is my favorite QB of all time (Rams fan) so I had a hard time not secretly pulling for AZ all of the last few years when he was playing there. Now if Hall can make something happen, I don't think I can help but openly root for the Cards' success.
P
ProV1
Hopefully Max can win some games so these kinds of comparisons won't be a joke. I think he can do it IF he gets protection.



Imagine telling Max after blowing out Oregon State last year that his next start would be against the Super Bowl champs and Drew Brees. His rise to starting QB as undrafted signee is remarkable.
K
kiwibacon
Good article. Good luck to Max Hall this weekend.
W
Wickchad
This makes me wish I had DirctTV and NFL ticket so I could watch the game.
Advertisement
Y
Y 4 Ever
Wickchad84087 wrote:
This makes me wish I had DirctTV and NFL ticket so I could watch the game.


Don't worry, I'm sure you'll get to suffer through another freaking Broncos game...just like every week. You know, instead of a team people WANT to watch (9ers, Cards, Colts, etc)



Go Max.
B
bball
I've always been very intrigued by the fact Max Hall stepped in at QB as an inexperienced player, and just did amazingly well, it's like he'd been there forever.



And just as an aside, if Jake Heaps had anybody on the team who could catch passes, he would look the same way; not perfect, but you know he's going to be a great QB. But so often, out of adversity comes greatness. Heaps will breakout for 400 passing yards and 5 TDs one of these games. Tomorrow wouldn't be too soon.
M
MTM
Yeah, except Kurt Warner is a gracious, humble, and all-around good guy. ;)
C
craigoscarson
MTM wrote:
Yeah, except Kurt Warner is a gracious, humble, and all-around good guy. ;)


Actually Warner was a pretty fiery temperamental player under Vermeil in St. Louis; in fact he got himself in trouble at times. But off the field, Warner has always been a stud... though his wife is a bit of a loose cannon and has been known to call local sports radio shows just to defend her hubby etc..





My wife got Kurt to sign a football the year after they won the Super Bowl and the day he lost to the Chiefs and broke his finger. It says "God Bless You Kurt Warner" and I've been a fan ever since.



He also told my wife he hates those classless Utes too. (I mean who doesn't?)



The biggest difference between Max Hall and Kurt, is that Warner is a hall of famer (will and should be).
M
MTM
craigoscarson wrote:
[

He also told my wife he hates those classless Utes too.




Kurt Warner is a Christian. He wouldn't say some thing like that
Advertisement
C
Cougs_Rule
Really MTM?? Lets talk about Christian Courage shall we? Is getting beer poured on your family; having a blow-up doll of your mother where unholy gestures were acted out qualify as acts worthy of "divine discontent" (NAMaxwell)? That is almost as defiling as selling stuff in the temple wouldn't you say?

The fricken Yewts have gotten to you man. Max may have made himself an easy target, he may not have handled it in the best manner; but dont think for a minute if you saw that same stuff committed on your family that you would just sit there and take it like a pseudo-christian, and not fire back with Captain Moroni-like ferocity.

I dont even like Max that well; and i think he has stepped up in a right place at the right time kind of situation. But your insistence on calling out Max almost sounds like you are embarrassed he was on your team. Almost like you "hate everything about him."
M
MTM
dmcougar wrote:
Really MTM?? Lets talk about Christian Courage shall we? Is getting beer poured on your family; having a blow-up doll of your mother where unholy gestures were acted out qualify as acts worthy of "divine discontent" (NAMaxwell)? That is almost as defiling as selling stuff in the temple wouldn't you say?

The fricken Yewts have gotten to you man. Max may have made himself an easy target, he may not have handled it in the best manner; but dont think for a minute if you saw that same stuff committed on your family that you would just sit there and take it like a pseudo-christian, and not fire back with Captain Moroni-like ferocity.

I dont even like Max that well; and i think he has stepped up in a right place at the right time kind of situation. But your insistence on calling out Max almost sounds like you are embarrassed he was on your team. Almost like you "hate everything about him."


My first post was meant as a little (read "not malicious") dig. See the little winking cougar?



CraigO (Mr. Carson to some on this board ;) ) brought up the "hate" thing and I responded with a smart a** comment. But I didn't make any reference to Max NOT being Christian although I did find irony in his post game interview.



I don't care for Max Hall but I don't despise him either. I couldn't care less how he performs tomorrow.
C
Cougs_Rule
Fair enough. My bad.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
M
MTM
dmcougar wrote:
Fair enough. My bad.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">


No worries. I try not to be a jerk on this site. I understand the dynamics here and I admit I probably walk right up to the edge of being antagonistic sometimes.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.