Archived Topic

This kid is Mormon

by jonnylingo · 10/7/2010

Advertisement
C
craigoscarson
jonnylingo wrote:
http://illinois.scout.com/a.z?s=169&p=8&c=1&nid=4451328



Holy Crap.



He is in 9th grade and check out that offer list.


Yep, he's the holy grail of LDS hoops recruits. He literally would be BYUs Karl Malone. He's the kind of kid you build a program up for specifically just to recruit him.



BYU football has failed to get the Manti Teos (not enough liquor stores in provo for him) and Haloti Ngatas of the world; I guess we'll see what kind of magic Dave Rose has.



Throw in the fact that Nick Emery is in the same class and is quickly making Lone Peak forget about Tyler Haws, and that would be the biggest recruiting class since Shawn Bradley and Ryan Cuff.



Bringing in Harrison can only help our cause; now we need to make some noise in the dance to get the Parker family's attention.
G
Gunk
Oh what I'd give for a legit power forward on the team...Please tell me Rose is after this guy.
S
SpiffCoug
Gunk wrote:
Oh what I'd give for a legit power forward on the team...Please tell me Rose is after this guy.

Only since the kid was in 6th grade.
C
CougarPeasant
And his name: Jabari Parker



the #2 player at his position with an offer from Michigan State, that's all I need to know to covet him for BYU!
Advertisement
M
mizzoucoug
There's no way he's going to BYU because he's a big guy who can shoot and score down low. No thanks, not our cup of tea.
B
BroncoBot
mizzoucoug wrote:
There's no way he's going to BYU because he's a big guy who can shoot and score down low. No thanks, not our cup of tea.

lol.
J
jonnylingo
Doubt we get him, but even if we did, he is a one and doner. the bad thing about recruits like this guy in college hoops is that they are gone after a year.
G
Gunk
jonnylingo wrote:
Doubt we get him, but even if we did, he is a one and doner. the bad thing about recruits like this guy in college hoops is that they are gone after a year.


I'll take him for a year.
B
beauso79
Gunk wrote:

I'll take him for a year.


Amen
Advertisement
Y
YBrit
Maybe we can make him redshirt and then play a year.
L
Lawboy
Maybe he wants to serve a mission...a 2 year mission to Provo to play hoops!! Boo-yah!!!!
C
Cougs_Rule
YBrit wrote:
Maybe we can make him redshirt and then play a year.


Ok. that was very funny!
I
Italics
A good power forward would be something new.



After years of of JT, I'm too used to having 4's who can't drive, post or dribble and instead jack up ill-advised 3-pointers.



Hold it... are we even sure that a 4 is supposed to have an inside presence?
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.