Archived Topic

The Season is Still a Succes If...

by Magnus Ver Magnusson · 10/6/2010

Advertisement
M
Magnus Ver Magnusson
I can see several scenarios where I would still view this season as a success:



1. We beat SDSU and the rest of the bottom dwellers in the MWC and are bowl eligible finishing the season at 6-6.



2. We lose a bunch more, don't make it to a bowl game, but miraculously spoil Utah's season with a win in the Cougar/Ute Bowl.



3. We never win another game, but in an extreme move of solidarity, everyone shaves their heads and grows mustaches. A music video is created with the new-look team lip syncing to various Village People hits (there were more than one?) which immediately climbs to the top of the charts. The phrase "Welcome to Miami" replaces the phrase "I told you so" and Bronco publishes a book on management style entitled "Somehow I Manage."



Obviously I'm hoping for option 1 or 2, though 3 does have a certain appeal. Mostly I'm just grasping at straws, hoping for some glimmer of hope in this discouraging year.



(Thanks to Michael Scott and Tracy Jordan for their inspiration for this post).
F
frdbtr
Magnus Ver Magnusson wrote:
I can see several scenarios where I would still view this season as a success:



1. We beat SDSU and the rest of the bottom dwellers in the MWC and are bowl eligible finishing the season at 6-6.



2. We lose a bunch more, don't make it to a bowl game, but miraculously spoil Utah's season with a win in the Cougar/Ute Bowl.



3. We never win another game, but in an extreme move of solidarity, everyone shaves their heads and grows mustaches. A music video is created with the new-look team lip syncing to various Village People hits (there were more than one?) which immediately climbs to the top of the charts. The phrase "Welcome to Miami" replaces the phrase "I told you so" and Bronco publishes a book on management style entitled "Somehow I Manage."



Obviously I'm hoping for option 1 or 2, though 3 does have a certain appeal. Mostly I'm just grasping at straws, hoping for some glimmer of hope in this discouraging year.



(Thanks to Michael Scott and Tracy Jordan for their inspiration for this post).


The season is a success if we make it to a bowl game, having said that, we need to beat utah for it to be a true success. 2008 is still looked at as a down year even though we won 10 games because we lost to utah. So for me 6-6 no matter what is a success (especially the way we started) 6-6 with a win over utah is a true success.
M
mizzoucoug
...the D keeps another team under 30

...Ashworth becomes a post-post-Mormon

...Heaps grows whiskers

...McKay returns honorably from his mission, which must be so awesome that it lasts 4 years

...Bronco benches all the receivers with drops to their credit and replaces them with the top flag football intramural team on campus
J
jonnylingo
we could magically start over with a better team.
M
Mars


...If BYU finishes in the Top 3 of the MWC and wins a bowl game.
Advertisement
B
Brayden Green
If both Anae and Hill are gone at the end of the season, and we win the rest of the bottom dwellers.



A "W" in rice chex or @ TCU (this one isn't happening, no matter what - sorry johnnylingo) would be a bonus.
R
rblack
Heaps emerges as the quarterback we think/hope he is/can be.
B
byucougar1
And Mangus takes over the strength training for the team. :-)
Y
Y12
1. If we beat Utah and TCU, nothing else needs to happen.



2. If we bounce back in 2011 with a win @ Texas and finish with a top 10 ranking.



3. finish 6-6, with any combination of wins and losses and go bowling.
B
BerliNY
... if we actually rebuild this year.
Advertisement
M
Magnus Ver Magnusson
byucougar1 wrote:
And Mangus takes over the strength training for the team. :-)


:lol:



Nice shout out to my namesake. We could also try to get Bill Kazmaier. Stay classy everyone.
M
MJCOUGAR
Hoping for 1 and/or 2 - however, if that doesn't happen, 2010 is a sucess if it doesn't continue into 2011. I can deal with a bad year - two in a row would be gut wrenching.
L
Lawboy
MJCOUGAR wrote:
Hoping for 1 and/or 2 - however, if that doesn't happen, 2010 is a sucess if it doesn't continue into 2011. I can deal with a bad year - two in a row would be gut wrenching.


I agree with this



I also think we NEED Jake Heaps to have won the QB job heading into 2011, or else it will be another summer of discontent at the QB position. QB battles are great and all, but not when they head into Fall camp. Needs to be done after Spring ball, clear leader in place.



Looking at 2011, we will be much deeper. Especially at LB. We get Kaveinga, Atkinson will be back from his RS, and the other guys will be better and more experiences(Stout, Van Noy, Frazier). We will also have a decent secondary, and the Dline will get more depth back from missions. 2010 will be an anomaly due to the 2004/2005 recruits, missions and injuries.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.