Archived Topic

Hall to Start Against Saints

by ttribe · 10/6/2010

Advertisement
J
jonnylingo
I hope his line can protect him enough to give him a chance.
I
Italics
this already be posted in another thread. I'm too lazy to link it... so just trust me on this one.
T
ttribe
Italics wrote:
this already be posted in another thread. I'm too lazy to link it... so just trust me on this one.

Okay...sorry. Didn't see it. Feel free to ignore this thread then.
C
CAFB_04-12
Acutally, the previous thread should have been titled "Max Hall may start vs Saints" This is the first arcticle that I've read that begins to say that the coaches have actually made a decision to start Hall. This article falls short of being an actual program announcement, but it's close.
Advertisement
I
IowaCougar
I read through the first couple of pages of comments (there are PLENTY of comments). Although many are worried that he'll be "beaten up" because of a poor offensive line, I don't see much negative about Max or his potential. There seems to be a general thread that he may be the great quarterback of the future. Interesting to see the comments.
J
jonnylingo
IowaCougar wrote:
I read through the first couple of pages of comments (there are PLENTY of comments). Although many are worried that he'll be "beaten up" because of a poor offensive line, I don't see much negative about Max or his potential. There seems to be a general thread that he may be the great quarterback of the future. Interesting to see the comments.


it is a perfect storm for max in many ways. people seem to just have it in their head that he is the man and that he is like warner and brees. He is going to have some slack in making mistakes because of that. If he can do a decent job i think he will manage to keep his position because by picking him the team has bought some time with the fans.
B
Brayden Green
I like the "he better be ready to run for his life... our O-line sucks!"



Oh boy... Get ready Max!



Give 'em Heaven!
G
Guest
Nearly identical situation as Beck was placed in at Miami. It didn't take many losses for the fans to turn on him too. Luckily Max has a history of following in Beck's footsteps, but out performing him.
C
Cougarfan87
hawkwing wrote:
Nearly identical situation as Beck was placed in at Miami. It didn't take many losses for the fans to turn on him too. Luckily Max has a history of following in Beck's footsteps, but out performing him.




Max has a poor line, but a much better supporting cast. Who did Beck have to throw to? Tedd Ginn? Max has Larry Fitzgerald, Steve Breaston (when he recovers) etc. I would much rather be in Max's position--though he may still have to run for his life.
Advertisement
G
Guest
Cougarfan87 wrote:
Nearly identical situation as Beck was placed in at Miami. It didn't take many losses for the fans to turn on him too. Luckily Max has a history of following in Beck's footsteps, but out performing him.




Max has a poor line, but a much better supporting cast. Who did Beck have to throw to? Tedd Ginn? Max has Larry Fitzgerald, Steve Breaston (when he recovers) etc. I would much rather be in Max's position--though he may still have to run for his life.


Just like Max stepped into a better situation following Beck at BYU.
M
Mingjai
hawkwing wrote:
Nearly identical situation as Beck was placed in at Miami. It didn't take many losses for the fans to turn on him too. Luckily Max has a history of following in Beck's footsteps, but out performing him.


Not quite--



Beck was a fairly early draft pick. Hall was undrafted. The expectations are slightly different.



Beck is good when he's confident, but he loses confidence pretty easily. Hall doesn't have any problem with his confidence, he just needs to work on his focus when he starts pressing.
C
CAFB_04-12
Will this game be on tv anywhere?
T
ttribe
Cougarfan87 wrote:
Nearly identical situation as Beck was placed in at Miami. It didn't take many losses for the fans to turn on him too. Luckily Max has a history of following in Beck's footsteps, but out performing him.




Max has a poor line, but a much better supporting cast. Who did Beck have to throw to? Tedd Ginn? Max has Larry Fitzgerald, Steve Breaston (when he recovers) etc. I would much rather be in Max's position--though he may still have to run for his life.

Max is also playing for a much better coaching staff. He'll have much better support from Wisenhunt than Beck ever had in Miami.
Advertisement
C
cougarsunited
Good for him, I hope he does well. This could be an early make or break to his NFL career.
M
Mingjai
CAFB_04-12 wrote:
Will this game be on tv anywhere?


NFL games are always on TV--it's just a question of whether you're in the broadcasting footprint for that specific game.



Here's the distribution map for 10/10:



http://the506.com/sports/?tag=2010-week-5
Y
Y12
I am excited for Hall to start, but wish it was a different team. The Saints D is one of the better defenses in the league. Hope it doesn't get ugly.
C
CAFB_04-12
Mingjai wrote:
Will this game be on tv anywhere?


NFL games are always on TV--it's just a question of whether you're in the broadcasting footprint for that specific game.



Here's the distribution map for 10/10:



http://the506.com/sports/?tag=2010-week-5

Cool. Thanks!
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.