Archived Topic

One of the reasons I LOVE BYU football

by Kbear · 10/5/2010

Advertisement
K
Kbear
My cousin's name is Paul Peterson. He has brain cancer and was chosen as a Thursday's Hero just before the AF game. If you want to read a cool story about a great man (Paul) and another great man (Bronco) read here. One is his blog and one is his son's.



http://tommyandkristine.blogspot.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;



http://remeberwhoyouare.blogspot.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;



After reading this, you will never hear me say anything bad about Bronco, Lavell or any of the BYU players. They all rock.
M
MTM
Good luck and best wishes to your cousin for a full recovery
B
BroncoBot
Thanks Kbear for the story.



Hope all goes well for your cousin.
K
kiwibacon
KBear, thank you for sharing the links.

It actually made me think about why I am a BYU fan. I never went to BYU for school, I grew up in Memphis, so there is no Utah county connection...I do think a part of it came from Bowl games at the Liberty Bowl. Lavell Edwards did a fireside one time in our stake in Memphis and I got to meet him and speak with him as a teenager. He actually smiled a lot during his talk and afterwards took the time to speak with anyone who wanted some one on one time with him. I can see why Lavell may have been one of Paul's heroes. BYU football is more than just a sport. Again thanks for sharing another great "Thursdays Heroes".
B
byufan4ever
Great great post/blog/story. We need more stories like this.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.