Archived Topic

Sorry, I'm a jerk...

by ABYUFAN · 10/5/2010

Advertisement
A
ABYUFAN
My football prediction was so astronomically high that I singlehandedly made BYU have an "average" predicted score of 930 in the right hand synopsis of the predictions. I hated seeing the board average prediction for BYU be lower than SDSU's I just didn't realize how much I'd throw that whole thing off.... (ps there appears to be no limit on the number of 9's you can put together for your predicted BYU score) :bug: ;) :lol:
G
Guest
ABYUFAN wrote:
My football prediction was so astronomically high that I singlehandedly made BYU to have an "average" predicted score of 930 in the right hand synopsis of the predictions. I hated seeing the board average prediction for BYU be lower than SDSU's I just didn't realize ho much I'd throw that whole thing off.... (ps there appears to be no limit on the number of 9's you can put together for your predicted BYU score) :bug: ;) :lol:


haha, I was wondering how that happened, I thought I had written some faulty code, but in no way could I figure out how I could do that, with me being so good and all :D
C
CannonCougar85
ABYUFAN wrote:
My football prediction was so astronomically high that I singlehandedly made BYU to have an "average" predicted score of 930 in the right hand synopsis of the predictions. I hated seeing the board average prediction for BYU be lower than SDSU's I just didn't realize ho much I'd throw that whole thing off.... (ps there appears to be no limit on the number of 9's you can put together for your predicted BYU score) :bug: ;) :lol:


HA HA HA! :lol:
C
CougarPeasant
ABYUFAN wrote:
My football prediction was so astronomically high that I singlehandedly made BYU have an "average" predicted score of 930 in the right hand synopsis of the predictions. I hated seeing the board average prediction for BYU be lower than SDSU's I just didn't realize how much I'd throw that whole thing off.... (ps there appears to be no limit on the number of 9's you can put together for your predicted BYU score) :bug: ;) :lol:


You are BLUE GOGGLED at its finest. Well done, Sir.



:crazy: :crazy: :crazy:



(PS, you be one of Kirk's ancestors and changed the Kobayashi Exam so you could win.)
M
Mars


So... perhaps a score prediction cap at 99 points then? ;)
Advertisement
A
ABYUFAN
Oh ye of little faith ...



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
C
CougarPeasant
ABYUFAN wrote:
Oh ye of little faith ...



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">


I joined the 9999 club but went one further. I gave SDSU -999 points, so now not only will it be a shut out, but SDSU will lose points in the game. ;)
A
ABYUFAN
CougarPeasant wrote:
Oh ye of little faith ...



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">


I joined the 9999 club but went one further. I gave SDSU -999 points, so now not only will it be a shut out, but SDSU will lose points in the game. ;)

:bug: ;) :whistle:



I see that your blue-gogglness exceeds my own.... ;)
G
Guest
Looks like I need to make some super secret changes to keep everyones blue-goggledness in check ;)
A
ABYUFAN
hawkwing wrote:
Looks like I need to make some super secret changes to keep everyones blue-goggledness in check ;)

Ahhhh C'mon! If we're willing to sacrifice our chance at 5 or 10 points for "the greater good", why should you care? :whistle:
Advertisement
G
Guest
ABYUFAN wrote:
Looks like I need to make some super secret changes to keep everyones blue-goggledness in check ;)

Ahhhh C'mon! If we're willing to sacrifice our chance at 5 or 10 points for "the greater good", why should you care? :whistle:


Don't worry, I'll let you pick what you want, but I was thinking more about capping the outliers for the averages :)
A
ABYUFAN
hawkwing wrote:
hawkwing wrote:
Looks like I need to make some super secret changes to keep everyones blue-goggledness in check ;)

Ahhhh C'mon! If we're willing to sacrifice our chance at 5 or 10 points for "the greater good", why should you care? :whistle:


Don't worry, I'll let you pick what you want, but I was thinking more about capping the outliers for the averages :)

Wouldn't that just force us to open multiple accounts to make even greater outliers than our first outliers?
B
Brayden Green
Man, I haven't laughed this hard at something for a while...



<<Looks over at the Prediction game:



BYU 1022

SDSU -26



>>



Now if only I can get Cannon and ABYUFAN to change the Vegas odds something like this, then I'd be in business.
A
ABYUFAN
It's now BYU 26-24 :sulk: .... not funny Hawkwing :sulk: ....not funny (although I can take solace in the fact that we do have BYU leading against SDSU which wasn't the case when I implemented my strategy) :whistle:
A
ABYUFAN
I'd like to point out that with the help of hawkwing, and the others who sacrificed their 20 points "for the greater good" our predictions to the right look very close to what actually happend. It's currently TCU 33-19 now, I'm a gonna do my best to "fix" that again this week.... ;)
Advertisement
G
Guest
ABYUFAN wrote:
I'd like to point out that with the help of hawkwing, and the others who sacrificed their 20 points "for the greater good" our predictions to the right look very close to what actually happend. It's currently TCU 33-19 now, I'm a gonna do my best to "fix" that again this week.... ;)


See, we're all winners when we work together! ;)
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.