Archived Topic

Jaime Hill's Wife's Facebook Post...

by Italics · 10/5/2010

Advertisement
I
Italics
sorry if this was mentioned somewhere, I've been busy lately.



"That's what you get for not joining their religion."



Good riddance, coach Hill.
B
BigCougsFan
Tell her to not let the door hit her on the way out!



Sounds like he already had another job lined up somewhere.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
I
Italics
"how dare you all sling mud on Hill's family" comments in 3... 2... 1...
C
CougarClaw
Just sour grapes. She forgot to mention that Jamie has never had a job so long in his life nor will he ever get such a huge and generous dismissal package. A full year? Yikes!



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
P
ProV1
Italics wrote:
"That's what you get for not joining their religion."

No, that's what you get for not getting the job done.
Advertisement
Y
Y 4 Ever
Is it "PC" to call a woman a douchebag?
G
Gunk
Hmmm...rather than scorn her, we should flood her facebook account with "friend" requests and show her how much she'll be missed.
4
49erCoug
She also mentioned something about not wanting to have their cars egged again..
S
Schmoe
33311710 wrote:
Is it "PC" to call a woman a douchebag?


Pretty sure it's not PC to call anyone a douchebag, which is why I do it all the time :crazy:



PS- To Mrs. Hill: I appreciated your husband's effort and think that he is a good DC overall and will land on his feet just fine. That said, don't let it hit ya where the good Lord split ya!
M
Mars
Schmoe wrote:
it's not PC to call anyone a douchebag, which is why I do it all the time

Uh oh, now that Schmoe thinks it's cool I'll have to find another term. ;)



"Flaming bag of douche"? A little long, but I like it!
Advertisement
S
SenorCougar
Here we go again. Religion....Race.......Whatever. Do you think that maybe being in last place in run defense, and near the bottom in pass defense and total defense might have something to do with it? He can always apply at the University of New Mexico. They can use all the help they can get. Oops, I forgot. Their defense is probably rated higher than ours. But then again, we had to play real tough opponents like the Aggies from Utah State....
F
frdbtr
SenorCougar wrote:
Here we go again. Religion....Race.......Whatever. Do you think that maybe being in last place in run defense, and near the bottom in pass defense and total defense might have something to do with it? He can always apply at the University of New Mexico. They can use all the help they can get. Oops, I forgot. Their defense is probably rated higher than ours. But then again, we had to play real tough opponents like the Aggies from Utah State....




I agree, it offends me that it always comes to this when someone has sour grapes or an axe to grind. They just throw the stereo type accusation and everyone inclined to believe it thinks "that makes sense" That is why I hate the race card thing so much. He is probably a perfectly nice guy but as soon as he ruins our defense and gets fired, we starting hearing thinks like "scapegoat" or "we didn't join their religion so we never fit in" I get so sick of this type of thing.
A
ABYUFAN
Sorry to be Johny Wetblanket here, but is this thread really necessary? It’s clear that you guys haven’t tried to see things from her perspective. She’s upset; losing a job in any economy is bad; but in this economy, with the need to now sell her house (that they may owe more on it than its worth), and you see why she’d very upset. On top of that – we’re underperforming on both sides of the ball. Many (including some on this board) feel that we just let go of the wrong coordinator, and the other coordinator, that wasn’t let go, despite his side of the ball performing worse on (and there are rumors of him alienating players and sowing seeds of discord) happens to be of “our religion.”



Just so you know, I disagree with her. He wasn’t fired for not joining “our religion,” but I can see where she’s coming from, and I don’t think that people of “our religion” should be Asses to others for expressing their frustration in difficult times; we should be a bit more understanding.
C
clemdiggitydog1
frdbtr wrote:
Here we go again. Religion....Race.......Whatever. Do you think that maybe being in last place in run defense, and near the bottom in pass defense and total defense might have something to do with it? He can always apply at the University of New Mexico. They can use all the help they can get. Oops, I forgot. Their defense is probably rated higher than ours. But then again, we had to play real tough opponents like the Aggies from Utah State....




I agree, it offends me that it always comes to this when someone has sour grapes or an axe to grind. They just throw the stereo type accusation and everyone inclined to believe it thinks "that makes sense" That is why I hate the race card thing so much. He is probably a perfectly nice guy but as soon as he ruins our defense and gets fired, we starting hearing thinks like "scapegoat" or "we didn't join their religion so we never fit in" I get so sick of this type of thing.

sooooo, ya'll think that the HIll Family, and particularly Coach Hill's wife, have absolutely no reason to be bitter or stressed out about Coach Hill's firing? I am not sugggesting that the action of his firing didn't need to be done, that's the Head coach's call, but honestly not one of you are introspective enough to seriously consider the notion that it may be difficult for a non-Mormon, non-Caucasian to really fit in in Provo, and that the sudden and unexpected firing of your husband wouldn't engender a little hostility and cause you to question the motives of a mid-season firing , if you are in her shoes? really? and this after they absolutely have endured getting their house egged a few years ago? really? I wonder how all of you non-judgemental types would deal with that if the shoe were on the other foot. it seems like if you're really "sick of this thing ", as you suggest, that maybe you should re-evaluate how much tolerance you have in your heart for the feelings of those you're supposedly wanting to influence. Oh wait, I remember, racism is dead in America, and African Americans are all overly sensitive.
G
Gucci33
ABYUFAN wrote:
Sorry to be Johny Wetblanket here, but is this thread really necessary? It’s clear that you guys haven’t tried to see things from her perspective. She’s upset; losing a job in any economy is bad; but in this economy, with the need to now sell her house (that they may owe more on it than its worth), and you see why she’d very upset. On top of that – we’re underperforming on both sides of the ball. Many (including some on this board) feel that we just let go of the wrong coordinator, and the other coordinator, that wasn’t let go, despite his side of the ball performing worse on (and there are rumors of him alienating players and sowing seeds of discord) happens to be of “our religion.”



Just so you know, I disagree with her. He wasn’t fired for not joining “our religion,” but I can see where she’s coming from, and I don’t think that people of “our religion” should be Asses to others for expressing their frustration in difficult times; we should be a bit more understanding.




Great post!
Advertisement
N
NebraskaCoug
ABYUFAN wrote:
Sorry to be Johny Wetblanket here, but is this thread really necessary?


I second this. I can understand Jaime Hill's wife's stress and frustration and I can equally understand the frustration of those who feel like their religion is impugned by inaccurate claims made because of that frustration.



Moderators, this might be a good thread to lock before it gets controversial.
F
frdbtr
clemdiggitydog1 wrote:
SenorCougar wrote:
Here we go again. Religion....Race.......Whatever. Do you think that maybe being in last place in run defense, and near the bottom in pass defense and total defense might have something to do with it? He can always apply at the University of New Mexico. They can use all the help they can get. Oops, I forgot. Their defense is probably rated higher than ours. But then again, we had to play real tough opponents like the Aggies from Utah State....




I agree, it offends me that it always comes to this when someone has sour grapes or an axe to grind. They just throw the stereo type accusation and everyone inclined to believe it thinks "that makes sense" That is why I hate the race card thing so much. He is probably a perfectly nice guy but as soon as he ruins our defense and gets fired, we starting hearing thinks like "scapegoat" or "we didn't join their religion so we never fit in" I get so sick of this type of thing.

sooooo, ya'll think that the HIll Family, and particularly Coach Hill's wife, have absolutely no reason to be bitter or stressed out about Coach Hill's firing? I am not sugggesting that the action of his firing didn't need to be done, that's the Head coach's call, but honestly not one of you are introspective enough to seriously consider the notion that it may be difficult for a non-Mormon, non-Caucasian to really fit in in Provo, and that the sudden and unexpected firing of your husband wouldn't engender a little hostility and cause you to question the motives of a mid-season firing , if you are in her shoes? really? and this after they absolutely have endured getting their house egged a few years ago? really? I wonder how all of you non-judgemental types would deal with that if the shoe were on the other foot. it seems like if you're really "sick of this thing ", as you suggest, that maybe you should re-evaluate how much tolerance you have in your heart for the feelings of those you're supposedly wanting to influence. Oh wait, I remember, racism is dead in America, and African Americans are all overly sensitive.


So you don't think it is wrong for a public figure to post unfounded and harmful accusations in a public forum? How do you think this affects future African American/non mormon hires or recruits? These kind of statements are inflamatory and ridiculous.
A
ABYUFAN
frdbtr wrote:



So you don't think it is wrong for a public figure to post unfounded and harmful accusations in a public forum? How do you think this affects future African American/non mormon hires or recruits? These kind of statements are inflamatory and ridiculous.

Just to weigh in on this - I don't think it would affect future recruits or coaching candidates. If not for this thread, who here would have heard of her opinion? Not me. Besides, most people would see it for what it is, a general statement of frustration; they'd consider the source and move on. However, if they read this board, they will see a bunch of people who appear to be ultra thin skinned on this topic and might think that we all "doth protest too much"
C
clemdiggitydog1
frdbtr wrote:
frdbtr wrote:
Here we go again. Religion....Race.......Whatever. Do you think that maybe being in last place in run defense, and near the bottom in pass defense and total defense might have something to do with it? He can always apply at the University of New Mexico. They can use all the help they can get. Oops, I forgot. Their defense is probably rated higher than ours. But then again, we had to play real tough opponents like the Aggies from Utah State....




I agree, it offends me that it always comes to this when someone has sour grapes or an axe to grind. They just throw the stereo type accusation and everyone inclined to believe it thinks "that makes sense" That is why I hate the race card thing so much. He is probably a perfectly nice guy but as soon as he ruins our defense and gets fired, we starting hearing thinks like "scapegoat" or "we didn't join their religion so we never fit in" I get so sick of this type of thing.

sooooo, ya'll think that the HIll Family, and particularly Coach Hill's wife, have absolutely no reason to be bitter or stressed out about Coach Hill's firing? I am not sugggesting that the action of his firing didn't need to be done, that's the Head coach's call, but honestly not one of you are introspective enough to seriously consider the notion that it may be difficult for a non-Mormon, non-Caucasian to really fit in in Provo, and that the sudden and unexpected firing of your husband wouldn't engender a little hostility and cause you to question the motives of a mid-season firing , if you are in her shoes? really? and this after they absolutely have endured getting their house egged a few years ago? really? I wonder how all of you non-judgemental types would deal with that if the shoe were on the other foot. it seems like if you're really "sick of this thing ", as you s uggest, that maybe you should re-evaluate how much tolerance you have in your heart for the feelings of those you're supposedly wanting to influence. Oh wait, I remember, racism is dead in America, and African Americans are all overly sensitive.


So you don't think it is wrong for a public figure to post unfounded and harmful accusations in a public forum? How do you think this affects future African American/non mormon hires or recruits? These kind of statements are inflamatory and ridiculous.

my point precisely, is that this "scapegoating" [not her words but a poster's ] is at least in the mind of our former coach's wife, as much about religion and not being one of "us", as it is about how well the defense was doing. Again, I'm not responding to the firing directly, but to your response and evaluation of her post-firing emotions.And if I'm really being truthful, you probably see "a public figure ", "unfounded and harmful accusations in a public forum " differently than I do.
F
frdbtr
ABYUFAN wrote:



So you don't think it is wrong for a public figure to post unfounded and harmful accusations in a public forum? How do you think this affects future African American/non mormon hires or recruits? These kind of statements are inflamatory and ridiculous.

Just to weigh in on this - I don't think it would affect future recruits or coaching candidates. If not for this thread, who here would have heard of her opinion? Not me. Besides, most people would see it for what it is, a general statement of frustration; they'd consider the source and move on. However, if they read this board, they will see a bunch of people who appear to be ultra thin skinned on this topic and might think that we all "doth protest too much"


Maybe you are right, maybe no one would even see it if it weren't posted on this board but my point is that other schools use the "they are going to try to convert you" as a recruiting tactic. So, a former coaches wife comes onto facebook and says "my husband got fired because we didn't convert" that is harmful to future recruiting for coaches and players.
Page 1 of 2
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.