Archived Topic

A new DC in 2011?

by 49erCoug · 10/4/2010

Advertisement
4
49erCoug
I don't think this question has been asked.. But is their going to be a new DC in 2011 or is coach mendenhall going to retain that responsibility? I think we have assumed their will be but could the coach be wary of bringing in someone else again?



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
S
snoscythe
Based on his presser today and his comments about wanting to have a more direct influence on the team, I don't think Bronco is going to be hiring a new DC.



I think Staffieri was pretty close in his guess--Micah Alba as the new secondary coach, Bronco to retain DC responsibilities.
4
49erCoug
snoscythe wrote:
Based on his presser today and his comments about wanting to have a more direct influence on the team, I don't think Bronco is going to be hiring a new DC.



I think Staffieri was pretty close in his guess--Micah Alba as the new secondary coach, Bronco to retain DC responsibilities.


I will have to listen to the presser.. At work today and didn't get the chance..



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
N
NebraskaCoug
Also, based on his comments surrounding the reason for the promotion of Poppinga to be the full-time linebackers' coach, that he "understands the culture" and Bronco's expectations, I would be very surprised if Bronco brings in an outside DC. He clearly felt that Hill was a very capable coach and expressed his gratitude for his contributions to the team, which we all observed, but it appears that the problem was a difference in philosophy from Bronco.



I don't think Bronco will hand over the DC responsibilities again until he has trained and shaped a young coach in his own image, like Rocky Long did for him.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.