Archived Topic

Will BYU go Bowling?

by SpiffCoug · 10/2/2010

Advertisement
S
SpiffCoug
We're 1-4. That means no worse than 5-2 in our final seven games.
B
byutx
No.
B
Brayden Green
No. But we will next year, if we clean house and get rid of our demons (not Bronco, for those oversensitive).
Y
YBrit
We've got too much potential and not enough actual skill. We have great people as coaches, and not enough great coaches. Which is all hidden in 10 win seasons when we have a 'system' but when there isn't one in place everything falls apart (see 2002-2004, 2010).
J
jonnylingo
We are not going bowling. To think we are at this point is simply irrational.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
Advertisement
S
SpiffCoug
BlueIsBetter wrote:
No. But we will next year, if we clean house and get rid of our demons (not Bronco, for those oversensitive).

I bet we go bowling next year whether we clean house or not.
C
Cougarbib
The main demon is inexperience and we will definitely have less of that next year. Bronco hired, promoted, and fired Hill. There is probably a story here.



I have also not heard the final injury report but was not surprised to see key players injured in this game.



Tough times for BYU and it will take more than a new DC to fix things. But this does open the door wide for Bronco to get very hands on with the defense.



All the people whining on the call in show last night about how uninspiring and unmotivating his style and demeanor is in contrast to USU coach will have to wrestle with whether this is a plus or a minus for our defense.



I personally support Bronco, and have very few issues with hid coaching.



Go Cougs



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
K
kiwibacon
No bowling. I would not want us to at this point.
W
Wickchad
If we beat SDSU we will go bowling. We are not going to lose to CSU, NM, UNLV, or Wyoming. The key game is SDSU. I think that even at 6-6 we go to the Poinsetta Bowl.
S
SpiffCoug
kiwibacon wrote:
No bowling. I would not want us to at this point.

Bowling is extremely important. Not necessarily for the result of the bowl, but for the additional practice time alloted.
Advertisement
C
CougarClaw
Wickchad84087 wrote:
If we beat SDSU we will go bowling. We are not going to lose to CSU, NM, UNLV, or Wyoming. The key game is SDSU.


I remember us saying the same things about lowly 1-3 Utah state. oops. my bad, 2-3 Utah State.
B
BoiseBYU
Right now we are toilet bowlin'....that's about it
S
Screamineagle
Isnt there still a bowling alley in the Wilkinson center? So yes one way or another they go bowling. All kidding aside gotta laugh or I will go nuts. Beat San Diego State(this wont be easy) I think they go lose and they dont.I read somewhere wish I could remember where that there are more bowls this year than there will be bowl eligible teams because of USC suspension so the NCAA is going to have to make an exception and allow a 5-7 team it wont be BYU but someone will be bowling with a losing record.BYU goes bowling somewhere if they are 6-6.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.