Archived Topic

Turning the loyalty argument on its head

by byutx · 10/2/2010

Advertisement
B
byutx
I think that those complaining about poor decisions and voicing their long held displeasure about Anae's major ineptitude is arguably a function of one's loyalty to BYU football, not a demonstration of any lacking in that area. We need to be loyal to BYU first. I am a BYU fan much more than I am an [insert name of coach or player here] fan. In fact, my loyalty to and concern for BYU's program has never been higher.



My question for the "leave anae alone and be loyal" crowd: when did it become okay to question Crowton? Would you prefer he still be here? Was it okay to call for his job? Does it bother or comfort you that Anae, Bronco and their decision making has become Crowton-esque? I know how I feel.



Go Cougars! (and NOT just "Go Coaches!")
T
tripwire
I agree completely.
T
taekwondave
Here here!
S
SpiffCoug
I've been a fan BYU long before Anae was a coach at BYU. I'll be a fan of BYU long after Anae is a coach. My loyalty is to the program. And not the program Bronco runs. I'll be a fan when it's run differently. I cheer on the letters BYU, not a coach, not a set a priorities.
A
ABYUFAN
What if Anae were giving away free bacon?



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
Advertisement
B
Brayden Green
ABYUFAN wrote:
What if Anae were giving away free bacon?



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">


:lol: Is he? :lol:



I guess a "don't hate me BBQ" is in order, isn't it? Gotta do something with that 200 G's a year he is getting to save his job.
M
Mars
byutx wrote:
I think that those complaining about poor decisions and voicing their long held displeasure about Anae's major ineptitude is arguably a function of one's loyalty to BYU football, not a demonstration of any lacking in that area. We need to be loyal to BYU first. I am a BYU fan much more than I am an [insert name of coach or player here] fan. In fact, my loyalty to and concern for BYU's program has never been higher.



My question for the "leave anae alone and be loyal" crowd: when did it become okay to question Crowton? Would you prefer he still be here? Was it okay to call for his job? Does it bother or comfort you that Anae, Bronco and their decision making has become Crowton-esque? I know how I feel.



Go Cougars! (and NOT just "Go Coaches!")

Amen. Well said.
C
Cougarbib
I think we Gave Crowton 2-3 horrible seasons after he had only 1 good one. I have never been a big Anae fan, but he deserves some credit. I am perfectly happy to see how things turn out and still trust that Bronco will figure out how to rebuild this team wiyhvuts myriad inexperienced players and now 2 very inexperienced coaches.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
I
IndiCoug
BINGO.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.