Archived Topic

Passer Rating Rules Again

by SpiffCoug · 10/2/2010

Advertisement
S
SpiffCoug
I'll harp on this until I convert all of you. Once again, the passer rating stat proves it is the single most accurate stat in predicting victory.



USU's rating: 226.37

BYU's rating: 83.05



You simply don't win ANY football when your rating is that low and your allowed rating is that high. The team with the higher rating this year is 5-0 in BYU's game. 17-1 (.944) in the last 18 BYU games; 30-1 (.968) in the last 31; 41-3 (.932) in the last 44 games, 53-5 (.912) since the start of 2006. Since 2000, the team with the higher rating is 114-16 (.877).



My bigger concern is BYU's rating. On the year, it's 91.34, which is just gawd-awful. You simply can't win with a rating that low. The defense is 134.52, which still a bit high, but manageable. This team simply won't win until the passing game comes up to even mediocre.
B
byutx
I agree wholly. This is 100% on the coaches-those that were to stupid and stubborn and those that couldn't sack up and tell the others "no". Before,I suspected that Anae (and Bronco's acquiescence (sp?) to Anae) screwed up the first part of our season. I am now convinced that they have ruined this entire season. 3 wins is likely our max.
S
SpiffCoug
Yeah, I'm starting to lean towards three wins as well.
M
Mars


What is our WR rating? 22?





P.S. I disagree with you pessimists. I think BYU will win 4 games this year!
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.