Archived Topic

2010: the year Anae ruined

by byutx · 10/2/2010

Advertisement
B
byutx
This guy should be on the hotseat and he better shape up really quick.



Dear Coach Anae:

-you brought us a great offense but haven't gotten better.

-You ruined 2010 and turned a "rebuilding year" into a "call us in 2011" year.

-You can't adjust,

-you're stubborn,

-you're stupid (I mean that in all honesty, not a super-bright guy),

-you don't use the tools you have,

-the position you coach-TE's-is non-existent



Man up or leave. Don't even wait to be fired. Just pack up and go.
I
Italics
I'm not even joking when I say that I expect to see more of the following against SDSU:



- Delayed reverse draws

- 2-3 yard screen passes (where the receiver doesn't make any move and instantly gets tackles)

- Runs around the side from Kariya on 3rd and 4 (and similar situations)

- Runs around the side from Di Luigi on 3rd and inches (and similar situations)

- etc. etc.



Whether you like their gameplans or not... you CANNOT argue the fact that Bronco and Anae are stubborn men who refuse to change their minds no matter what the results are on the field.
B
bostoncoug
And lets not forget about the ALWAYS successful run up the middle with Kariya on 1st down from the 3 yard line, while bringing the TE in motion to the end of the line. Dude calls this play EVERY first down inside the 5, and everyone in the stadium knows where the play is going. Anae has GOT to go. :evil: :evil: :evil:
R
runbyu1
This is the guy who has been on the hotseat even in winning seasons. I remember living in Hawaii and hearing his sister defending him to all the BYU fans that were tired of his playcalling...of course this was in a 10-2 season.
B
Brayden Green
Well, this is the year we get to see him for what he is. He has no immediate NFL talent to make up for his mistakes, besides Reynolds, and vANAElla has him playing on the wrong side of the field for the first 3 games, and would probably still be doing it, if Riley didn't go under the knife.



Jake doesn't know enough about the offense and reading defenses to audible out yet, so almost every single play we see if Anae's - which wasn't the case with Senior Beck, and any of Max's years. Max was audibling from day one, and good luck trying to stop him doing something. And that turned out to be a very good thing. If there is a silver lining in this season for me, it is that people that watch bottom lines - and not the games - get to see Anae for what he is, and what some of us have been seeing and saying for a few years now.
Advertisement
B
BroncoBot
Anyone know why Anae decided to leave the booth this year? It's too bad he doesn't run the offense like he did vs UCLA 08, that was a brilliantly called/played game.
B
bball
It pains me. I have watched several games this year where a freshman QB is the starter, and the play calling is imaginative, and deceptive, and successful. I do not buy the notion that Heaps doesn't know the offense, he was in spring camp, fall camp, and has played five games. BYU is not good enough, nor does it have the world beater athletes to just line up and run the same ol plays. Even Florida, and coach I dislike, does not just run the same old thing over and over, he's imaginative and changes things and keeps the defense off guard. BYU MUST start doing this.
R
runbyu1
declocoug wrote:
Anyone know why Anae decided to leave the booth this year? It's too bad he doesn't run the offense like he did vs UCLA 08, that was a brilliantly called/played game.


I'd really like to know why he left the booth too. Especially after I heard players liked things better having Doman on the field and Anae in the booth. Amen and Amen to that last comment as well...
B
Brayden Green
runbyu1 wrote:
Anyone know why Anae decided to leave the booth this year? It's too bad he doesn't run the offense like he did vs UCLA 08, that was a brilliantly called/played game.


I'd really like to know why he left the booth too. Especially after I heard players liked things better having Doman on the field and Anae in the booth. Amen and Amen to that last comment as well...


I think you just said it. Anae's on the sidelines because Doman is...



When you have someone "competing" for your job, would you rather be on separate floors, or the desk right next to them.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
G
Gunk
BlueIsBetter wrote:
declocoug wrote:
Anyone know why Anae decided to leave the booth this year? It's too bad he doesn't run the offense like he did vs UCLA 08, that was a brilliantly called/played game.


I'd really like to know why he left the booth too. Especially after I heard players liked things better having Doman on the field and Anae in the booth. Amen and Amen to that last comment as well...


I think you just said it. Anae's on the sidelines because Doman is...



When you have someone "competing" for your job, would you rather be on separate floors, or the desk right next to them.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">


Anae mentioned it in an interview a few weeks ago. He said he's down on the field because he wants to be closer to the action since we have so many younger players on offense. He feels like he can coach the younger guys better down there.



Anae, the vast majority of coaching should have taken place the week prior to the game. Get in the box!
Advertisement
B
Brayden Green
Gunk wrote:
runbyu1 wrote:
Anyone know why Anae decided to leave the booth this year? It's too bad he doesn't run the offense like he did vs UCLA 08, that was a brilliantly called/played game.


I'd really like to know why he left the booth too. Especially after I heard players liked things better having Doman on the field and Anae in the booth. Amen and Amen to that last comment as well...


I think you just said it. Anae's on the sidelines because Doman is...



When you have someone "competing" for your job, would you rather be on separate floors, or the desk right next to them.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">


Anae mentioned it in an interview a few weeks ago. He said he's down on the field because he wants to be closer to the action since we have so many younger players on offense. He feels like he can coach the younger guys better down there.



Anae, the vast majority of coaching should have taken place the week prior to the game. Get in the box!


That's what the 1970's cream colored phone is for, we need less babysitters, and more playcallers. Maybe morale wouldn't be so low if we could score a touchdown in the freakin red zone...



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.