Archived Topic

My Thoughts on the game

by frdbtr · 10/2/2010

Advertisement
F
frdbtr
BYU is just plain a bad team this year. I didn't think that Bronco Mendenhall was capable of fielding a team that is this bad. He has been a good coach and I assumed that he would have his team ready to play and execute at a high level even with the youth that we have this year. I was wrong. This team is a LONG way from being a good team. It may take this year and next year to get it together. We may be looking at 2 years of rebuilding, I hope I am wrong.



My thoughts on Heaps. He is a freshman, he looks like a freshman, he is not ready to be the starting QB on a D1 football team yet. Having said that, I love his heart. I love it that he competed to the last snap, I think he is going to be very good in the future. Unless I see improvement over the next few weeks though, it could be his Jr year before we see how good he can be. This has been a tough year so far for me, I am so pationate about BYU football and it affects my family life and my effectiveness at my job when they play like they are now. This team looks much worse then the 2003 team looked right now. I think I am going to have to take some time away from it all and not watch. We will see. I will at least take the weekend off.
C
Cougy_Monster
Best post of the day.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
B
bball
If I were the head coach, I would recruit wide receivers with speed, size and hands, and get them here for spring ball. I would bench everyone but Coffman, and find somebody who wants to catch the ball.
I
Italics
frdbtr - I find it hard to believe that BYU football is such an influence in your life, yet you'd feel comfortable taking time off from watching the games. No matter how awful we perform, nothing is more exciting than the day of a game



cougy monsters - it's from the best post I've seen, especially when the OP seems to be completely missing the point that Heaps as the stage in his progress now that he should've been in fall camp. If Heaps shouldn't be out there - who? Lark? Munns? Some of you don't seem to get it.



bball - it's hoffman, not coffman.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.