Archived Topic

We need new WR's OR send them back to catching 101

by BigCougsFan · 10/2/2010

Advertisement
B
BigCougsFan
How many dropped passes have there been, how many missed chances to move the chains, how many missed TD's???



I know Jake missed some tosses BUT this is getting really sad when our WR corp isn't good... Especially our more experienced butter-fingers.



I'm really starting to feel bad for Bronco, cause his "business model" of coaching a team is falling apart. He needs to micro manage right now AND that's not how you run a business. His managers are failing in their departments.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
M
mizzoucoug
BigCougsFan wrote:
How many dropped passes have there been, how many missed chances to move the chains, how many missed TD's???



I know Jake missed some tosses BUT this is getting really sad when our WR corp isn't good... Especially our more experienced butter-fingers.



I'm really starting to feel bad for Bronco, cause his "business model" of coaching a team is falling apart. He needs to micro manage right now AND that's not how you run a business. His managers are failing in their departments.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">


My count is 8.
K
kiwibacon
Now 10.
J
jonnylingo
Receivers are the number 1 problem with this team. Can't get open, can't catch.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
B
BigCougsFan
jonnylingo wrote:
Receivers are the number 1 problem with this team. Can't get open, can't catch.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">


I don't think getting open was the issue tonight. Granted I missed the first half. I saw many passes fly right through their fingers tips.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
Advertisement
B
bball
Our receivers are awful. Why? Jacobson looks like a dope, he drops balls, doesn't make plays, looks slow, can't get open (did I leave anything out)? Coffman is the only receiver worth keeping on the field. These guys cannot catch Heaps' passes; no wonder he wanted Apo to come to BYU.



Heaps is not perfect, but if the receivers catch the catchable balls thrown to them, we probably have two more wins. You cannot sustain drives when passes are dropped and dropped and dropped.



I am also disgusted with our play calling, no creativity, no deception; every team we play knows exactly what we're going to do, and because we can't catch passes, or block--we don't sustain drives, and we look awful.
F
frdbtr
bball wrote:
Our receivers are awful. Why? Jacobson looks like a dope, he drops balls, doesn't make plays, looks slow, can't get open (did I leave anything out)? Coffman is the only receiver worth keeping on the field. These guys cannot catch Heaps' passes; no wonder he wanted Apo to come to BYU.



Heaps is not perfect, but if the receivers catch the catchable balls thrown to them, we probably have two more wins. You cannot sustain drives when passes are dropped and dropped and dropped.



I am also disgusted with our play calling, no creativity, no deception; every team we play knows exactly what we're going to do, and because we can't catch passes, or block--we don't sustain drives, and we look awful.


They plays look bad because Heaps isn't making the correct reads on his throws yet. The same plays that look like horrible play calling were working perfectly last year when Max Hall was making the right reads and getting the ball to the right guy at the right time.
S
silencer10
Is there anyone out there thinking that we will be above .500? Hmmm, I'm still waiting to hear who's fault it is for the lost this week?.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
R
runbyu1
BigCougsFan wrote:
Receivers are the number 1 problem with this team. Can't get open, can't catch.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">


I don't think getting open was the issue tonight. Granted I missed the first half. I saw many passes fly right through their fingers tips.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">


Oh, getting open was an issue. Our Freshman QB was throwing sickeningly accurate passes into tiny spaces because our receivers couldn't create any separation...too bad they dropped all those incredible passes.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.