Archived Topic

Dropped Passes & Missed Tackles Tally vs USU

by mizzoucoug · 10/1/2010

Advertisement
M
mizzoucoug
I wanted to do this in weeks past but kept forgetting. Hopefully this thread does not go long tonight... :angry:



Ashworth is good for a drop a game and I'd say each linebacker has at least 1-2 handshakes per game to date. Let's see if things have improved...Put the hurt on those pretty boys!
I
Italics
our offense is hopefully clicking better now, I think there will be less dropped balls, but more missed tackles
I
Italics
dropped pass from Di Luigi
G
Guest
We should probably tally Heaps mistakes this game too.



one poor decision on 3rd down to throw before the first down to a double teamed JJ.
I
Italics
dropped pass by Hoffman
Advertisement
I
Italics
hawkwing wrote:
We should probably tally Heaps mistakes this game too.



one poor decision on 3rd down to throw before the first down to a double teamed JJ.


It wasn't double coverage.e



he was one yard in front of the first down marker.



Your love of Nelson is clouding your judgment.
G
Guest
Italics wrote:
We should probably tally Heaps mistakes this game too.



one poor decision on 3rd down to throw before the first down to a double teamed JJ.


It wasn't double coverage.e



he was one yard in front of the first down marker.



Your love of Nelson is clouding your judgment.


Anyone who has been following this knows I have absolutely no favorites in the QB battle this is now over. So you're point is invalid.
I
Italics
well there's Heaps' first "real" mistake - getting pressured and hit as he threw it probably didn't help, but it is what it is: an interception.



Mckay giving up on the pass makes me mad, too.
M
mizzoucoug
That DB was able to cover both receivers where he was standing. Furthermore, I am afraid that McKay's career is pretty much over here. He has no speed and cannot get open against any type of coverage anymore. It's really sad since he was pretty much our only hope coming into this season and it turns out he's a bum.
M
mizzoucoug
Ashworth the p&SS with another drop!
Advertisement
I
Italics
guess I was wrong... dropped passes seem to be winning so far.
M
mizzoucoug
Uale gets burned again but this time he gets a flag instead of giving up a 50 yard run. But, it doesn't go towards the tally so job well done Travis!
M
mizzoucoug
Hunter with the missed tackle. Studly!
M
mizzoucoug
LOL missed catch by Hoffman. That was embarrassing on nat'l TV bro.
I
Italics
another HUGE dropped pass by Hoffman.



EDIT: followed by a lucky/great catch
Advertisement
M
mizzoucoug
Missed pick 6 = -1 drop for BYU :) ? Go offense!
I
Italics
missed tackles just jumped out to an astounding lead!!!
M
mizzoucoug
Ah, nice try Uale, but you got abused again.
M
mizzoucoug
Total at Half.



4 BYU drops (2 of which would've been 1st downs I believe)

7-8 missed tackles

-1 BYU drop for the failed pick 6 by USU :)

= 3 BYU drops vs. 7-8 missed tackles.



So far BYU drops is doing less damage than the missed tackles. Great job so far boys. Keep it up!
I
Italics
it's sad that counting missed tackles and dropped passes has become one of the more entertaining things about BYU football this year
Page 1 of 2
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.