Archived Topic

Who Does Jake Pass This Week?

by SpiffCoug · 10/1/2010

Advertisement
S
SpiffCoug
Right now Jake is 36th on BYU's all-time passing list with 489 yards. Where is he on the list after the USU game?
S
SpiffCoug
Personally, I think Jake has a very good game. I wouldn't put a 300 yard passing game out of the realm of a very real possibility.
S
snoscythe
LOL. Who voted Jason Beck?????



I went with Bybee. I think (hope) Jake turns things around and crosses 200, maybe 250. I don't think his receivers help him out enough to get 275+, and I think our defense does enough work so that he will finally have the luxury of leaning on the run at the end of the game.
B
BigCougsFan
snoscythe wrote:
LOL. Who voted Jason Beck?????


It was probably the only name they recognized :bug:
B
blue42
How about Fowler by halftime, Bybee midway through the 3rd and Miller by the end of the game.



Seriously I would love to see a BYU QB pass for over 200 yards sometime this year in meaningful game time situations. If Anae uses the routes in the middle of the field 200 yards will be easily reached.
Advertisement
L
Lawboy
SDSU had a back go for over 200 v. USU last week, so sounds as if they can be run on. Of course, that kid ran for 200+ v. Missouri as well so he is good--as a true freshman. Question is, will Anae stick to it if it works? Answer thus far is no, he won't. Remember the year BYU had 2 1,000 rushers because we ran it a ton? Yeah 1996--good times. But I would be happy to see JJ and Q split 35 rushing attempts with Kariya getting another 5 or so if it meant a win.
S
Short_Change
Lawboy wrote:
SDSU had a back go for over 200 v. USU last week, so sounds as if they can be run on. Of course, that kid ran for 200+ v. Missouri as well so he is good--as a true freshman. Question is, will Anae stick to it if it works? Answer thus far is no, he won't. Remember the year BYU had 2 1,000 rushers because we ran it a ton? Yeah 1996--good times. But I would be happy to see JJ and Q split 35 rushing attempts with Kariya getting another 5 or so if it meant a win.


Uh, SDSU RB Ronnie Hillman had 89 yards vs USU. It was SDSU's passing game that was firing on all cylinders.



http://espn.go.com/ncf/player/profile?playerId=481156" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
J
jonnylingo
Short_Change wrote:
SDSU had a back go for over 200 v. USU last week, so sounds as if they can be run on. Of course, that kid ran for 200+ v. Missouri as well so he is good--as a true freshman. Question is, will Anae stick to it if it works? Answer thus far is no, he won't. Remember the year BYU had 2 1,000 rushers because we ran it a ton? Yeah 1996--good times. But I would be happy to see JJ and Q split 35 rushing attempts with Kariya getting another 5 or so if it meant a win.


Uh, SDSU RB Ronnie Hillman had 89 yards vs USU. It was SDSU's passing game that was firing on all cylinders.



http://espn.go.com/ncf/player/profile?playerId=481156" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;


i believe two of utah state's starting secondary were out with injury as well. i think they are back for us of course. i say run it until they stop us. keep the ball out of their hands.
B
BerliNY
jonnylingo wrote:
Lawboy wrote:
SDSU had a back go for over 200 v. USU last week, so sounds as if they can be run on. Of course, that kid ran for 200+ v. Missouri as well so he is good--as a true freshman. Question is, will Anae stick to it if it works? Answer thus far is no, he won't. Remember the year BYU had 2 1,000 rushers because we ran it a ton? Yeah 1996--good times. But I would be happy to see JJ and Q split 35 rushing attempts with Kariya getting another 5 or so if it meant a win.


Uh, SDSU RB Ronnie Hillman had 89 yards vs USU. It was SDSU's passing game that was firing on all cylinders.



http://espn.go.com/ncf/player/profile?playerId=481156" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;


i believe two of utah state's starting secondary were out with injury as well. i think they are back for us of course. i say run it until they stop us. keep the ball out of their hands.


Agreed, I'd love to see Jake get a million passing yards this game but I think I'd much rather see us dominate a game physically and then let Jake grow up afterward.
B
byufan4ever
I hope that Heaps breaks all of the BYU and NCAA records, but are we really already tracking this every week? I say revisit this thread/question when The Chosen One gets near the BYU Top 10.



I imagine someone's already tracking how many dates he goes on a week and how many times he goes to the bathroom each day?
Advertisement
M
Miguel
Another relevant question is who does Jake pass TO this week?

My opinion, start getting consistent with your proven playmakers from this year and years past: JJ, McKay, and emerging Hoffman.

I value spreading the ball around, but Jake needs to find a rhythm with with a few stars and begin to rely more on them. The kind of rhythm that Max had with Pitta and Collie is really lacking right now.

Does McKay have a sister Jake could marry? ;-)
S
SpiffCoug
Miguel wrote:
Another relevant question is who does Jake pass TO this week?

My opinion, start getting consistent with your proven playmakers from this year and years past: JJ, McKay, and emerging Hoffman.

I value spreading the ball around, but Jake needs to find a rhythm with with a few stars and begin to rely more on them. The kind of rhythm that Max had with Pitta and Collie is really lacking right now.

Does McKay have a sister Jake could marry? ;-)

To continue the Pet Peeves thread, the correct question then is: To whom does Jake pass this week?
C
CannonCougar85
kitic77 wrote:
Another relevant question is who does Jake pass TO this week?

My opinion, start getting consistent with your proven playmakers from this year and years past: JJ, McKay, and emerging Hoffman.

I value spreading the ball around, but Jake needs to find a rhythm with with a few stars and begin to rely more on them. The kind of rhythm that Max had with Pitta and Collie is really lacking right now.

Does McKay have a sister Jake could marry? ;-)

To continue the Pet Peeves thread, the correct question then is: To whom does Jake pass this week?


I had to read it twice myself. At first I thought it was referring to who Jake will pass with TurnOvers this week. :lol:
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.