Archived Topic

What's with USU fans???

by BigCougsFan · 9/28/2010

Advertisement
B
BigCougsFan
I know BYU gets ridiculed by other opponents fan bases, but for some reason... USU fans get on my nerves. :sulk:



They ordered T-shirts, with a picture of a pregnant lady that says, "Where's Harvey?"



Their life must be tough when they're the ugly red-headed step child :sick:
M
MJCOUGAR
That's classy. Lets pick on a guy who isn't even on their team anymore - that'll show em'
C
CannonCougar85
Based on my experience you will struggle to find a fan base that is more obsessed with BYU then Utah State. 2 years ago, the "Overrated" year, I saw hundreds of people wearing shirts that said "Win or lose you still live in Provo." The fans obsess about the BYU game over any other for some reason.



It is definitely a one sided rivalry. In 2 ways. It's one sided on the field because BYU always throttles Utah State and it's one sided in the stands because it's only USU fans that consider it a rivalry.



BYU fans couldn't care less about the Aggies. It is an extreme case of little sister syndrome in Logan.
B
Brayden Green
CannonCougar85 wrote:
Based on my experience you will struggle to find a fan base that is more obsessed with BYU then Utah State. 2 years ago, the "Overrated" year, I saw hundreds of people wearing shirts that said "Win or lose you still live in Provo." The fans obsess about the BYU game over any other for some reason.



It is definitely a one sided rivalry. In 2 ways. It's one sided on the field because BYU always throttles Utah State and it's one sided in the stands because it's only USU fans that consider it a rivalry.



BYU fans couldn't care less about the Aggies. It is an extreme case of little sister syndrome in Logan.




Yeah, we just need someone that'll play us friday night on conference weekend. They need us because they don't meet the D-1a quota for seats being filled per game (15,000) without a near sellout against us.



For us, it is win-win.



For them, it is still lose-lose.
J
jonnylingo
CannonCougar85 wrote:
Based on my experience you will struggle to find a fan base that is more obsessed with BYU then Utah State. 2 years ago, the "Overrated" year, I saw hundreds of people wearing shirts that said "Win or lose you still live in Provo." The fans obsess about the BYU game over any other for some reason.



It is definitely a one sided rivalry. In 2 ways. It's one sided on the field because BYU always throttles Utah State and it's one sided in the stands because it's only USU fans that consider it a rivalry.



BYU fans couldn't care less about the Aggies. It is an extreme case of little sister syndrome in Logan.


I have to agree. I did my freshman year at utah state and they were obsessed with byu and they hated it with a passion. every week their newspaper would waste time making fun of byu. when those in my ward found out i was transferring to byu they stopped talking to me. it was ridiculous how much they hate byu. its obvious though. they couldn't get it and they are ticked about it.



everybody knows that utah byu and aggie fans all have one thing in common. they applied to byu.
Advertisement
S
Schmoe
CannonCougar85 wrote:
I saw hundreds of people wearing shirts that said "Win or lose you still live in Provo."


When I saw those I couldn't help but laugh to myself, YOU LIVE IN LOGAN!
L
Lawboy
I look at Utah State as the team we can beat 19 out of 20 times with consistency, and the team we can schedule annually the Friday night before Conference home or away. For those reasons, I love them on schedule.



Logan tops Boise any day as a place to live, as far as I am concerned....
U
urroner
BigCougsFan wrote:
Their life must be tough when they're the ugly red-headed step child :sick:


http://campussqueeze.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/09/carrot-top8.jpg" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
T
tripwire
Schmoe wrote:
I saw hundreds of people wearing shirts that said "Win or lose you still live in Provo."


When I saw those I couldn't help but laugh to myself, YOU LIVE IN LOGAN!

Exactly.
U
urroner
Schmoe wrote:
I saw hundreds of people wearing shirts that said "Win or lose you still live in Provo."


When I saw those I couldn't help but laugh to myself, YOU LIVE IN LOGAN!


"Lose big or lose really big, you still live in Logan little sister."
Advertisement
S
Schmoe
BigCougsFan wrote:

They ordered T-shirts, with a picture of a pregnant lady that says, "Where's Harvey?"


And just how many of their players do you think have baby mommas? USU: Where knowledge is nothing.
C
CannonCougar85
The last time Utah State beat BYU most of their student body was under the age of 6.
F
Florwood
USU does have one other claim to fame: they sealed the deal for Ben Olson transferring to UCLA. If they hadn't sucked so bad that one second half when they were actually killing us, Olson comes in for Engemann and kills his red shirt and plays several games for the Y.



Should we therefore be grateful?
B
BerliNY
Lawboy wrote:



Logan tops Boise any day as a place to live, as far as I am concerned....


Logan also tops, Reno, Wendover, and Winnemucca, what's your point?
K
kfilly20
I played at American Fork in high school, Lehi was always acting like when we played it was some huge rivalry. We obviously never really thought about it but just beat the hell out of them every time we played. Kind of like utah state and BYU ... Utah State cares about it and BYU wins the games.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.