T
taekwondaveThere is none!
Psyche :)
I think there IS a silver lining in our three game losing streak.
I remember quarterbacking my eighth grade light weight football team. We didn't have enough players to field a whole team that year so we combined with another school. It took a while to get everything situated so our practices were delayed a couple weeks. We basically had like two or three practices before our first game. We got killed. Our second game? We got killed. Our third game? Yeah. We got killed. But we practiced and practiced and practiced. After our fourth straight loss my coach came up to me and said, "Don't worry, Dave. You're getting better. The whole team is. You're really starting to make those throws and we almost had that one today. I'm not worrying too much about the last few losses. We'll have it all together by the playoffs and then we'll shock everybody. That's the plan."
Funny thing was I believed him. We only won two games that season and lucky for us, you only needed to win one to make the playoffs :) Unfortunately for the seeding, we had to play the #2 ranked team in our division in the first round. And they wore all black. Scared the crap out of me. Those were Raider colors and someone at school had said anybody that wears Raider colors was probably a gang banger so I was a little more on edge than I would have been, even though it was the playoffs.
Funny thing that game though. Coach was right. I threw two touchdowns and ran for one more and we beat those guys 21-7. Seemed to everyone else that it came out of nowhere, but to our team it was the culmination of working together every day for months and getting used to one another and constantly learning and figuring things out.
BYU reminds me of that right now. We SUCK. We really, really do. Our defense sucks. Our offense sucks. Our special teams sucks. But you know what's nice about being BYU and starting the season off 1-3? By the time we play TCU and Utah we may just pull a rabbit out of the hat.
Here's hopin for that. Go Cougs 8)
Psyche :)
I think there IS a silver lining in our three game losing streak.
I remember quarterbacking my eighth grade light weight football team. We didn't have enough players to field a whole team that year so we combined with another school. It took a while to get everything situated so our practices were delayed a couple weeks. We basically had like two or three practices before our first game. We got killed. Our second game? We got killed. Our third game? Yeah. We got killed. But we practiced and practiced and practiced. After our fourth straight loss my coach came up to me and said, "Don't worry, Dave. You're getting better. The whole team is. You're really starting to make those throws and we almost had that one today. I'm not worrying too much about the last few losses. We'll have it all together by the playoffs and then we'll shock everybody. That's the plan."
Funny thing was I believed him. We only won two games that season and lucky for us, you only needed to win one to make the playoffs :) Unfortunately for the seeding, we had to play the #2 ranked team in our division in the first round. And they wore all black. Scared the crap out of me. Those were Raider colors and someone at school had said anybody that wears Raider colors was probably a gang banger so I was a little more on edge than I would have been, even though it was the playoffs.
Funny thing that game though. Coach was right. I threw two touchdowns and ran for one more and we beat those guys 21-7. Seemed to everyone else that it came out of nowhere, but to our team it was the culmination of working together every day for months and getting used to one another and constantly learning and figuring things out.
BYU reminds me of that right now. We SUCK. We really, really do. Our defense sucks. Our offense sucks. Our special teams sucks. But you know what's nice about being BYU and starting the season off 1-3? By the time we play TCU and Utah we may just pull a rabbit out of the hat.
Here's hopin for that. Go Cougs 8)

