Archived Topic

This is why they won't expand the stadium

by fifthqb · 9/24/2010

Advertisement
F
fifthqb
It looks like this Saturday's game is not even sold out. We are 1-2 and we are already having troubles selling out our stadium? That is a sad commentary on the state of many cougar fans. This is the fourth game of the season, and the best home game that we have left this year there is no reason why this shouldn't be sold out with people on waiting lists.



Just imagine if we lose this game are we going to sell out games against Wyoming? UNLV? New Mexico? This is the reason they don't expand the stadium.. Teams like Nebraska have sold out their stadium for 20+ years even when they had terrible losing seasons...
B
byutx
Any delay is more of a function of the ADA, zoning, etc. than it is empty seats. But not selling out the seats hurts big time, too.
S
Sammich
fifthqb wrote:
Teams like Nebraska have sold out their stadium for 20+ years even when they had terrible losing seasons...

People say there's nothing to do in Provo, but have you ever been to Nebraska?



You're right though, it is a sad thing that a large portion of BYU fans are so lame. C'mon, it's not that hard! Wear your team's colors and show up at games!
R
radius19
Sammich wrote:
Teams like Nebraska have sold out their stadium for 20+ years even when they had terrible losing seasons...

People say there's nothing to do in Provo, but have you ever been to Nebraska?



You're right though, it is a sad thing that a large portion of BYU fans are so lame. C'mon, it's not that hard! Wear your team's colors and show up at games!


Done...
B
blue42
I hope some of those not in attendance are on my row, I am getting pretty tired of those people who buy 2 seats and take up 3 because of their girth, which means I can't sit in my seat.
Advertisement
C
CannonCougar85
blue42 wrote:
I hope some of those not in attendance are on my row, I am getting pretty tired of those people who buy 2 seats and take up 3 because of their girth, which means I can't sit in my seat.


Or bring in their own chairs that are 4 feet wide...
B
Brayden Green
CannonCougar85 wrote:
I hope some of those not in attendance are on my row, I am getting pretty tired of those people who buy 2 seats and take up 3 because of their girth, which means I can't sit in my seat.


Or bring in their own chairs that are 4 feet wide...


Or bring their own chairs that are 4 feet wide, and they stick out another foot.
B
Brayden Green
I hate it when somehow there are like 4 children and 1 adult, and the kids don't have a seat #.



Do they let kids in free, or something? Or do we just happen to have tickets on a row where someone is trying to combine seats from somewhere else.
C
craigoscarson
The 1st game for Jake Heaps as the starter against a hot team like Nevada? If you live within 100 miles and you're not there, you could miss history in the making.
L
Lawboy
I sure as hell won't miss it. Was gonna take my 4 year old, but talked my wife into coming instead. My boy can go to the SDSU game instead. This is a don't miss game. And after meeting both Jake and his dad last weekend, makes it even more fun.
Advertisement
M
Mars
BlueIsBetter wrote:
I hate it when somehow there are like 4 children and 1 adult, and the kids don't have a seat #. Do they let kids in free, or something? Or do we just happen to have tickets on a row where someone is trying to combine seats from somewhere else.

Kids 3+ need a ticket. All others need to sit on their parent's lap.
W
Wickchad
The game will be a "sell out". The stands obviously won't be full, but BYU will get rid of the tickets so they can call it a sell out. This is how we are going on three consecutive years of sell outs.
C
crh55
craigoscarson wrote:
The 1st game for Jake Heaps as the starter against a hot team like Nevada? If you live within 100 miles and you're not there, you could miss history in the making.


I left work early and drove up from St. George to go to the game. You got to be Fully Invested baby!
C
crh55
What i want even more than a stadium expansion is a decent jumbo-tron.



Do you think that the ESPN deal and going Indy might help that happen?
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.