Archived Topic

Lark got zero reps today

by jonnylingo · 9/22/2010

Advertisement
F
frdbtr
jonnylingo wrote:
Looks like they are in full "get heaps the reps mode" down there in provo.



http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/blogs/byusports/50334876-65/byu-mean-nelson-whether.html.csp" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;




Good! I feel really bad for Riley and wish that he hadn't gotten hurt but the bottom line is I HATED the 2 qb system and unfortunately, an injury had to make the decision for us. If Heaps had been the one that got injured and now Riley was getting 100% of the reps, I would feel the same way.
B
BYULV
Only problem now is what do we do if heaps gets injured? Wouldn't it be smart to extend practice 10 mins and give Lark a few reps? Hopefully he is at least studying the playbook.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
G
Guest
BYULV wrote:
Only problem now is what do we do if heaps gets injured? Wouldn't it be smart to extend practice 10 mins and give Lark a few reps? Hopefully he is at least studying the playbook.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">


You're only allowed so many practice hours a week. Anyone know what it is?



While Bronco does like to go with shorter, more efficient practices, there's no evidence that right now he's using less than his allotted amount of time for practicing.
S
SpiffCoug
BYULV wrote:
Only problem now is what do we do if heaps gets injured? Wouldn't it be smart to extend practice 10 mins and give Lark a few reps? Hopefully he is at least studying the playbook.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">

If Heaps were to get injured, I wonder if someone like Matt Marshall switches over to QB. He was an option QB in HS and ran the scout team during AF prep.
Advertisement
J
jonnylingo
hawkwing wrote:
Only problem now is what do we do if heaps gets injured? Wouldn't it be smart to extend practice 10 mins and give Lark a few reps? Hopefully he is at least studying the playbook.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">


You're only allowed so many practice hours a week. Anyone know what it is?



While Bronco does like to go with shorter, more efficient practices, there's no evidence that right now he's using less than his allotted amount of time for practicing.


didnt that college football confidential show done last week say that they practice 30 minutes less than other teams.
L
Lawboy
I heard it from the parent of a player's mouth that BYU practices an hour a day right now. But guys can stay later if they want to work together without coaches. I am hearing that Heaps and his receivers/TEs are staying late this week.
G
Guest
Lawboy wrote:
I heard it from the parent of a player's mouth that BYU practices an hour a day right now. But guys can stay later if they want to work together without coaches. I am hearing that Heaps and his receivers/TEs are staying late this week.


One of Max Halls best qualities was that he would work several hours extra with Collie & Pitta. It showed on the field. I can only hope that Heaps learns from this and starts spending his free time with his receivers.
J
jonnylingo
hawkwing wrote:
I heard it from the parent of a player's mouth that BYU practices an hour a day right now. But guys can stay later if they want to work together without coaches. I am hearing that Heaps and his receivers/TEs are staying late this week.


One of Max Halls best qualities was that he would work several hours extra with Collie & Pitta. It showed on the field. I can only hope that Heaps learns from this and starts spending his free time with his receivers.


He already is.
G
Guest
jonnylingo wrote:
Lawboy wrote:
I heard it from the parent of a player's mouth that BYU practices an hour a day right now. But guys can stay later if they want to work together without coaches. I am hearing that Heaps and his receivers/TEs are staying late this week.


One of Max Halls best qualities was that he would work several hours extra with Collie & Pitta. It showed on the field. I can only hope that Heaps learns from this and starts spending his free time with his receivers.


He already is.


Source?
Advertisement
K
kfilly20
Jay Drew or Harmon said something about having to wait a long time after practice was over to talk to Jake because he was throwing to receivers long after everyone else had left.
B
BroncoBot
kfilly20 wrote:
Jay Drew or Harmon said something about having to wait a long time after practice was over to talk to Jake because he was throwing to receivers long after everyone else had left.

That Jake Heaps... he's an alright guy.



I'd love to see him throw for 500 yards against nevada.
C
CannonCougar85
declocoug wrote:
Jay Drew or Harmon said something about having to wait a long time after practice was over to talk to Jake because he was throwing to receivers long after everyone else had left.

That Jake Heaps... he's an alright guy.



I'd love to see him throw for 500 yards against nevada.


If we want him to get the Heisman this year then we'd better make that 1,000 yards. ;)
B
BroncoBot
CannonCougar85 wrote:
kfilly20 wrote:
Jay Drew or Harmon said something about having to wait a long time after practice was over to talk to Jake because he was throwing to receivers long after everyone else had left.

That Jake Heaps... he's an alright guy.



I'd love to see him throw for 500 yards against nevada.


If we want him to get the Heisman this year then we'd better make that 1,000 yards. ;)

True. How could I expect so little. Go for 1000 Heaps!!! :crazy:
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.