Archived Topic

I'm glad it's over

by EM_Puma · 9/22/2010

Advertisement
E
EM_Puma
I'm sorry Riley is out for medical reasons as if given a choice I'd rather have him healthy, but it's very hard to not say that as a fan I'm glad this QB controvery is over for this season. I'm sick of hearing and reading about it.



Yes, we could be in a bad situation if we lose Heaps and have to rely on our 3rd string QB, but when I read this on ESPN:



"The quarterback rotation has hit what is usually a very productive offense very hard. BYU ranks 100th in the nation in total offense, averaging 302.67 yards a game, and 101 in passing offense.



Under Mendenhall, the Cougars have never finished ranked lower than 21 in total offense or lower than 17 in passing offense."



It is very hard to not be glad we are moving on and will rely on Heaps arm and gaining experience and not playing the QB rotation game.
E
EM_Puma
Wow, you can tell we've had two losses in a row. For this post from yesterday to have only 77 hits and no other posts and to be still on the front page of the threads on my computer, that means that a lot of football talk has fallen off. I was that way after the AF loss, but having the expectation already that we would lose to FSU, I was right back into talking football. If we lose a 3rd game in a row it's going to get almost ghost-like around here.
S
Sammich
It has definitely been slower lately. I still check the site religously but there's just a lot less to read these days.
S
Sammich
And yes, I am a forum leech, sorry for not contributing more.
S
snoscythe
That silence is the sound of excitement dying and the bandwagon emptying.
Advertisement
D
Dcr36
snoscythe wrote:
That silence is the sound of excitement dying and the bandwagon emptying.


Maybe. I generally avoid the forum after bad losses because I don't enjoy reading dozens of reiterations that yes, BYU played poorly. (On the other hand, I'm perfectly content with reading dozens of reiterations that we played WELL whenever we knock off a decent opponent... :D )



Looking back on the older threads, though, I'm happy with how pragmatic a lot of the discussion has been.
J
jonnylingo
DCR has a good point. Sometimes after I am really disappointed I take a short break.



Are there still tickets available for saturday's game? Would be a shame if the game didn't sell out.



If we lose, which is a real possibility if not a likelihood, it will be really bad for the team. It sets us up for a another scary game the next saturday at utah state.



our team needs to get it together and win this game. Our backs are against the wall. Bronco has never lost three in a row in the same season.



I am still hopeful about this season. Beating TCU is a given :crazy: and by the end of the year I think we have a real shot at beating utah. When we beat TCU we will jump back up in the polls and then roll the rest of our games settting up a big game against an overrated Utah.



Boise state will lose this saturday, we will beat tcu and utah and end up in our first bcs game. What is there not to be excited about :crazy: :crazy:
E
EM_Puma
snoscythe wrote:
That silence is the sound of excitement dying and the bandwagon emptying.


We're going to see where we really are for this Nevada game. A game that we were looking forward as payback for our loss in Reno last we played; them dumping our scheduled game to play Grambling at home; and for cutting our legs out from under us as we were trying to move our other sports to the WAC. I had originally looked forward to getting some payback and now they have this team whose offensive output rivals what we are accustomed to in the past that has us as an underdog at home. When did you last expect that we would be an underdog to a WAC team at home whose initials weren't BSU?



I think we could have that string of sellouts in jeapordy, but this game could bring a lot more Nevada fans than usual as I don't know if they have ever played here in LES and for some it's probably an easier drive than the game down in Vegas or up to Boise.
H
hypercoug
There's still hope.



I think the team unites around Heaps now and we might be surprised by what happens in LES on saturday.



Cougs by 10!
1
1967cougar
Sammich wrote:
It has definitely been slower lately. I still check the site religously but there's just a lot less to read these days.


Could be burnout. An August full of independence threads. A September full of Two-Quarterback threads.



What's left to talk about? The game? The team? We've all been living on the edge the last little while and "mainstream" just doesn't get us stoked anymore.



BTW, how many posts does a person need to get off "recruit" status? I try not to post unless I have something to say but I've been a recruit for a long long time.
Advertisement
B
byufan4ever
1967cougar wrote:
It has definitely been slower lately. I still check the site religously but there's just a lot less to read these days.


Could be burnout. An August full of independence threads. A September full of Two-Quarterback threads.



What's left to talk about? The game? The team? We've all been living on the edge the last little while and "mainstream" just doesn't get us stoked anymore.



BTW, how many posts does a person need to get off "recruit" status? I try not to post unless I have something to say but I've been a recruit for a long long time.


If you donate enough money you can be elevated to a "Pro" like Mars...



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
G
Guest
1967cougar wrote:
It has definitely been slower lately. I still check the site religously but there's just a lot less to read these days.


Could be burnout. An August full of independence threads. A September full of Two-Quarterback threads.



What's left to talk about? The game? The team? We've all been living on the edge the last little while and "mainstream" just doesn't get us stoked anymore.



BTW, how many posts does a person need to get off "recruit" status? I try not to post unless I have something to say but I've been a recruit for a long long time.


100 posts, you're almost there!
S
scott715
I thought he had to spend a year on the scout team first.
G
Guest
well there is the serious brutal hazing...
I
IowaCougar
I must admit it takes me a few days before I want to look at the boards after a loss. No one enjoys reading bad news. After a win, I'll look for any news article about the game, and even re-read those I read before. But after a loss, I don't want to re-live it. That doesn't mean I won't be fired up and hopeful for the next game - everyone likes happy endings! :crazy:
Advertisement
M
MJCOUGAR
snoscythe wrote:
That silence is the sound of excitement dying and the bandwagon emptying.

Funny, you'd think it would be as loud emptying as it was loading - although I do hear quite a bit of moaning. :sick:
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.