Archived Topic

Tackling

by MJCOUGAR · 9/20/2010

Advertisement
M
MJCOUGAR
There are things that aren't great on both sides of the ball but I don't think anything is as glaringly obvious as the poor tackling. We can talk about personnel, the QB battle, the play calling but until we quit trying to grab people our defense won't be successful - especially against a team like Nevada.





Fix the tackling, stay in games. Period.
F
frdbtr
MJCOUGAR wrote:
There are things that aren't great on both sides of the ball but I don't think anything is as glaringly obvious as the poor tackling. We can talk about personnel, the QB battle, the play calling but until we quit trying to grab people our defense won't be successful - especially against a team like Nevada.





Fix the tackling, stay in games. Period.


Agreed, the tackling has been horrible.
C
Cougarfan87
Not sure if the technique to dive at the feet of the offensive player is what they're teaching (I sure hope not), but I saw a lot of that. Our guys need to learn to keep their heads up, wrap the guy with both hands (which doesn't mean stick your arm out and hope they trip) and drive through the body of the offensive player. It would also be nice if we learned to push players back rather than roll them forward for three or four more yards, but baby steps...I can live with that if we will just wrap up and drive through them.
B
Ball4
The team needs to take tackling lessons from #7 Brian Logan. That guy is amazing. Too bad he's not 6'1" and 200lbs to go with that heart and speed.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.