Archived Topic

Pratt Sentenced

by AmmonCougar1 · 9/20/2010

Advertisement
A
AmmonCougar1
FWIW, Michael Pratt, former seminary teacher was sentenced this morning to prison for 5yrs to life. Sad, sad situation. Leaves four children and a wife behind (including a two week old baby). I taught with him when I was a student teacher and he was in his 1st year I believe. My heart breaks for his wife and kids and for all those who were his students who knew a different man. I suppose perhaps this gives a little meaning to "they shall deceive the very elect." Not that he was an Apostle or even a General Authority but he was most definitely one that many looked up to.



J. Child

Ammon, ID
G
Guest
I think it also shows that the road astray starts slowly and gradually, but in no time you can find yourself way off base.
C
CAFB_04-12
I, for one, am glad to see a predator get his just rewards. Shame on him.
B
bigbluepuma
He was in a special position of trust. He abused that trust. The hurt from that goes very deep. As did Corianton, he drove people away from the truth by showing that it was less important to him than his own gratification.



That being said, there but for the grace of God, go you and I. It is very easy to fall off the cliff when we are running along the edge. That's why it is very important for us all to run like Joseph did from ALL temptation.



I too, feel for his wife and children; for what they have lost, and for the shame they have to live with. A very sad story.
J
Jumanji
I think the sentence given is appropriate.



People make mistakes, but this was no small blunder or mishap. I imagine that he was already sliding down that slippery slope when he allowed himself to fall victim to even greater temptation.



So many people were affected by his selfishness, I wish them the best.



Does anyone know if he remained devoted to the Church through all of this? I wonder if he is the type to be angry and leave the church or take his lumps and work his way back into good standing.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.