Archived Topic

I Too Am Optimistic

by jamesH · 9/20/2010

Advertisement
J
jamesH
I listened to the Washington game and watched the Air Force and Florida State games. The results were disappointing, but not unexpected. I won't bother with reasons or excuses for the losses except to point out that Air Force and Florida State are pretty good teams (stronger opposition than Utah has faced so with the possible exception of Pittsburg). Air Force almost upset Oklahoma in Norman and Florida State is Florida State. Both Air Force and Florida State have more seasoned players than BYU and it showed, but BYU is learning and improving (really). Consider that BYU played Florida State better this time than they did last year and BYU was playing in hostle territory this past Saturday. Remember how many points Florida State put up against BYU a year ago and that was at BYU against a very season BYU team. An 8 win 4 loss season is still a possibility for BYU this year. I think BYU will beat Nevada this Saturday.
C
Cougsown1
i think that BYU will start to clean up their game the rest of their season but i do think that the next loss may be to a very good TCU team
J
jonnylingo
Cougsown1 wrote:
i think that BYU will start to clean up their game the rest of their season but i do think that the next loss may be to a very good TCU team


We are going to beat TCU this year
C
Cougsown1
i really don't know but TCU is a really good team they're obviously nationaly ranked but if we have pulled off amazing things before so you never know
N
northerncougar
jonnylingo wrote:
i think that BYU will start to clean up their game the rest of their season but i do think that the next loss may be to a very good TCU team


We are going to beat TCU this year


In basketball.
Advertisement
S
SpiffCoug
northerncougar wrote:
Cougsown1 wrote:
i think that BYU will start to clean up their game the rest of their season but i do think that the next loss may be to a very good TCU team


We are going to beat TCU this year


In basketball.


Twice and possibly a third time in the UNLV Invitational.
F
frdbtr
I am really trying to be optimistc about tomorrows game but frankly, BYU will have to do something they haven't done all year if we will even have a chance to keep this one close, and that is play disciplined defense and stop a triple option running attack that has the potential to put up 500 yards rushing on us. I am really hoping that the defense has done something this week to fix the mental and assignment breakdowns that allowed the rushing yards that happened against AF and FSU but IMO it takes longer then one week of practice to do that.
F
Florwood
Maybe this should be the thread title....though I agree, 8-4 is still doable.
J
jonnylingo
kitic77 wrote:
jonnylingo wrote:
i think that BYU will start to clean up their game the rest of their season but i do think that the next loss may be to a very good TCU team


We are going to beat TCU this year


In basketball.


Twice and possibly a third time in the UNLV Invitational.


No in football. They are going to lay an egg and we are going to stomp on it.
B
BroncoBot
And I am too optimistic. Or am I too optimistic?



Either way, BYU WINS!!!!
Advertisement
S
Schmoe
I too am too optimistic in two tutus, toodles!
B
BroncoBot
Schmoe wrote:
I too am too optimistic in two tutus, toodles!

It must be game day tomorrow. :crazy:
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.