Archived Topic

Why the whites?

by Cougarpoke · 9/20/2010

Advertisement
C
Cougarpoke
I had to take a break from checking CougarCorner for a few days to calm down after our terrible performance this weekend. I was wondering if anyone knew why the Cougs wore all white? I didn't mind it. I just hope we don't go all blue...not a fan of that. Anyway, I hope this week is better. I sincerely wish we were playing a division II team this week.
L
Lawboy
It was about 90 degrees with 90%+ humidity. The whites kept guys cooler. I thought it was a smart move. It was hot in the stadium.
S
stuckinbig10country
I dislike the all white look. I hope they don't do it again. Possibly did it because of the heat.



I am actually a fan if the all blue look though.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
L
Lawboy
The all whites looked cool in the stadium is all I know. I liked it in person.
W
Wickchad
With our current uniform style (excluding the Crowton year uniforms when we wore all blue at home and all white on the road) the last time we went all white was in 1996. That away game happened to be Washington. I vote we never go all white again as we are 0-2 in big games with that uniform...
Advertisement
M
Mingjai
Wickchad84087 wrote:
With our current uniform style (excluding the Crowton year uniforms when we wore all blue at home and all white on the road) the last time we went all white was in 1996. That away game happened to be Washington. I vote we never go all white again as we are 0-2 in big games with that uniform...


I like the all-white look--it's a very clean, classic look. And BYU has had some good performances in the all-white as well. In 1995, BYU went all-white for at least one away game, if not more. The one I remember was against Fresno State, when Steve Sarkisian went 31-34 passing (2 of the 3 incompletions were intentional throw aways).



http://www.byutv.org/watch/151-17
C
CannonCougar85
Mods, please delete this racist, and offensive thread!

I accept and applaud all of BYU's athletes no matter what color they are. :)
M
MJCOUGAR
CannonCougar85 wrote:
Mods, please delete this racist, and offensive thread!

I accept and applaud all of BYU's athletes no matter what color they are. :)

:lol: :lol: I thought this was a post from a FSU fan wondering about us after the game.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.