Archived Topic

Heaps compared to Gilbert

by Wickchad · 9/19/2010

Advertisement
W
Wickchad
I would consider yesterday's game as Jake Heaps first game as the BYU quarterback. His performance was very similar Garrett Gilbert's performance for Texas in the national championship game. You saw glimpses of what made each one a highly touted recruit. But it wasn't all quite there for either one of them in their first performance.



The difference now is, Gilbert has had all off season, spring ball, and fall camp as the starter. He received all of the reps and developed a level of comfort with his players. Heaps received 1/3 to 1/2 of the reps during the off season, spring ball, and fall camp. Bronco blew it by not naming a starter after spring ball. Now if Heaps starts for the rest of the season he will have received the same number of reps that Gilbert had for Texas' first game of the season by BYU's 9th or 10th game of the season.
C
Cougarbib
If Heaps and Nelson are both injured by game 5 due to poor pass protection, how will Lark's and Munn's snaps compare?



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
I
Italics
Cougarbib2 wrote:
If Heaps and Nelson are both injured by game 5 due to poor pass protection, how will Lark's and Munn's snaps compare?



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">


I think they'd be ugly. But it's useless to speculate since we know even less about their abilities than we do Heaps or Nelson (which is also very little, since neither has really been given a "full opportunity" yet).
J
jonnylingo
I think heaps should be 1 and lark 2. Get lark some reps. Nelson is a situational guy who has his packages on the side.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
K
kfilly20
jonnylingo wrote:
I think heaps should be 1 and lark 2. Get lark some reps. Nelson is a situational guy who has his packages on the side.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">


I endorse this proposition.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.