Archived Topic

Execution and QBs

by Gunk · 9/19/2010

Advertisement
G
Gunk
What I don't get, for all of Bronco's emphasis on execution why he even thought two QBs would work. How can you get either one of the QBs up to performing at a "high level of execution" when they half as many reps as a normal starting QB would have? Why did he even think it was possible?



Add in the fact that one QB is a freshman and the other hasn't played an entire quarter of football in more than 3 years and I just don't get. It goes completely against Bronco's philosophy of execution.



And as an indirect result of the 2 QB experiment we now have a receiving corp that is also unable to out-execute competitors because they didn't get in as many reps with the starting QB as they should so they would be able to out-execute opponents.
A
airattack
I'd like to add a stat that I am not sure has been posted yet... if it has I apologize for the redundancy.



Christian Ponder from spring through fall camp received approximately 120 reps per session

Matt Barkely USC spring through fall camp received between 120-130 reps per session



Our qb's each received on average about 30 reps per session...



Obviously our offensive unit is struggling to thrive in a low rep environment. Why should we or how can we expect our team to perform at the same level of execution as our better opponents when simply the time hasn't been put in the build the chemistry needed to be a successful offensive unit? Let alone a dominate one... just food for thought.
S
SpiffCoug
I highly doubt our QB position was only receiving 60 total reps. Riley and Jake were the only ones getting reps to any real degree. But yes, it shouldn't come as a surprise that both QBs are well behind the eight-ball and I think it's clear that it's due to a lack of reps.
A
airattack
These were the numbers posted... where they received reps with the offensive unit.
B
BigCougsFan
airattack wrote:
These were the numbers posted... where they received reps with the offensive unit.


You might want to post those, to back up your stats. Some on here will crucify you for not doing so.



PLUS,

You might want to change your name to ButteryPopcornAttack! WR's and defenders can't hold onto anything in Cougarville.
Advertisement
W
Wickchad
Execution and QBs:



Christian Ponder

Jake Locker

Jordan Wynn

Colin Kaepernick

Diondre Borel

Tim Jefferson

Tim Tebow

Alex Smith



Oh, I thought this was a list of quarterbacks we would like to execute...
F
frdbtr
BigCougsFan wrote:
These were the numbers posted... where they received reps with the offensive unit.


You might want to post those, to back up your stats. Some on here will crucify you for not doing so.



PLUS,

You might want to change your name to ButteryPopcornAttack! WR's and defenders can't hold onto anything in Cougarville.


Airattack is now Airwolf. He is, IMO, a relative of Jake Heaps.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.