Archived Topic

Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!

by Linette Chambers · 9/19/2010

Advertisement
L
Linette Chambers
Planning bus trip: A minor headache getting everyone on the same page

Personalized goodie bags full of tasty treats: A couple of million dollars

Having a small fraction of family & friends show you support in the glaring sun: PRICELESS!!!!!!!!!!



I would like to personally thank everyone that took the time to ride the fun bus to Tally and enjoy this experience with us in support of O'Neill & his fellow teammates. Yes we did not leave with a win or some turf (security wouldn't let me hop the fence, lol) but the whole trip was a win for us! Not only did we come together we also brought 2 hard core FSU fans on our bus now thats awesome! Mind you they were very proud from head to toe FSU gear wearing couple from Osceola county but guess what we welcomed them the same and they left a fan of BYU by the time we got back at 12:41am! VERY CLASSY and they didn't even rub it in, it could have been the sun that messed their minds up lol!



Everyone that came to anyone in our group and spoke kind words have left a great impression on them they cant stop talking about it. BYU has THE best fan base!



Even better getting a text from son thanking everyone for coming and apologizing for the loss, he is the ULTIMATE BEST!!!



PS.... Urroner you rock! He was at his best behavior!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



Thanks again

Momma Chambers aka O'Neill's mom smooches
I
imuakahuku
:)
C
CougarClaw
This is what I needed to read after Saturday. Glad you guys had such a good time. Hopefully BYU can schedule a few more of these... or maybe we'll just see you again at USF
B
BigCougsFan
Linette Chambers wrote:
Yes we did not leave with a win or some turf (security wouldn't let me hop the fence, lol)


I would pay very good money to watch Mamma Chambers hop the fence -- whip out her 9" knife -- cut a little square in the field -- spring to her feet, with sod securily in hand -- running like the wind... All while the overweight rent-a-cops chase after you.



Glad to hear you had fun! :)
U
urroner
Urroner had a blast and Momma Chambers made sure that he had a blast and that he toed the line.



It was a great week starting with Thursday night. My 15 y/o had a terrific night in his second high school freshman game, though it wasn't as stunning as his first game. The other players on defense stepped their games up and notch and if it hadn't been for a freak play, the other team wouldn't have scored. The offense was dominating, but the score 16-6 wouldn't show that. They fumbled twice within the ten yard line and a 60 yard TD run was called back because an OT lined up 1 ft too far back. He had a talking to by the coach and the runner. The runner and the OT are good friends so it was more of a disappointed look than anything else. It didn't happen for the rest of the game.''



Friday, I went with the 15 y/o and the other yutes in the ward to the temple and did baptisms for the dead. First time in several years that I did the baptizing.



Saturday, my two youngest sons and I met Momma Chambers, went on a bus trip, and watched BYU get killed by FSU. I really didn't like that last part, but people, I saw some great football tradition. I wished BYU had that type of tradition. The Seminole on the horse, certain very entertaining cheers before the game and everybody from FSU dressed in the right colors. I love the tomahawk cheer. Always have.



And talk about classy fans. I don't know how they would have reacted if they had lost, but the FSU fans were very gracious in their victory. I even had a FSU fan come up to me after the game and tell me what an enjoyable time he had in Provo last year.



A few male type fans who had a little too much too drink and were still in college spouted off before the game and said some rather unpleasant things, but a young lady from FSU immediately told them to shut up else she would find some real men to be around. The dudes went really, really quiet after that. My ex-stepson thanked her. This was upon entering the stadium, but once in the seats, the FSU fans and the BYU fans had some fun with some pleasant trash talking and innocent jokes at each other expenses, but when the FSU started to pull away, most of that ended.



All in all, Saturday was a great day in spite of the loss. My boys saw their first college game and my 15 y/o was really impressed with the size of the BYU linemen as they were exiting the tunnel to get on the team buses. He even saw one of the coaches that coached him during the BYU summer football camp and the two of them talked for a little while.



Momma Chambers, you are the bestest and the little snack bag was great.



A young BYU fan suffered from heat exhaustion and passed out. She was hauled to a cooling station under the stadium by fans from both sides with several running interference and clearing a path. An ambulance eventually came and took her to the hospital, but fans from both sides were very, very helpful and made sure she was okay. Some FSU fan made a comment about about BYU fans not being able to take the heat, but he went really quiet after his wife whacked him in the shoulder and glared at him. Every year, here in Florida, a couple of high school players die from heat stroke and a dozen or so get hospitalized for that or heat exhaustion. There are 4 water breaks built into game, they usually happen when the clock hits the 4 or 3 minute mark in each quarter.



My boy's coach has told the team that they can drink water any time and that if the coach has to tell them to go get a drink, the whole time will run laps while the guilty party sits in the shade and drinks water. That only happens once or twice before the the team starts watching each other. Running laps in the high eighties or low nineties in 80% humidity isn't fun.
Advertisement
I
Italics
CougarClaw wrote:
This is what I needed to read after Saturday. Glad you guys had such a good time. Hopefully BYU can schedule a few more of these... or maybe we'll just see you again at USF


I think you mean UCF ;)



And hopefully FSU does schedule a few more games with us... maybe at this point they feel it'd be a guaranteed win against a respected program (TIC... or is it?)
B
Brayden Green
Chambers played a good game. He has real heart and I appreciated his effort and willingness to try and shore up our TE weakness.
L
Linette Chambers
My family has never been to any of his games because of where they are played so this is the 1st time for some of them to go. And yes I said SOME I think there was 10% in attendance from our families there Saturday maybe next time we can get at 90% of them all there! They all had a blast and can't stop telling me how wonderful are all the BYU fans! They felt very special by many that took the time to speak to anyone wearing the Chambers Crew tshirts. They felt the genuine love from you guys for our O'Neill, thank you again so much! The grandparents can't stop smiling from hearing all the kind words about O'Neill. Now they have told me that they want to go to Provo for a game, hmmm so possibly the Chambers crew will take over Provo very soon, lol!



Linette Chambers
B
Brayden Green
Linette Chambers wrote:
My family has never been to any of his games because of where they are played so this is the 1st time for some of them to go. And yes I said SOME I think there was 10% in attendance from our families there Saturday maybe next time we can get at 90% of them all there! They all had a blast and can't stop telling me how wonderful are all the BYU fans! They felt very special by many that took the time to speak to anyone wearing the Chambers Crew tshirts. They felt the genuine love from you guys for our O'Neill, thank you again so much! The grandparents can't stop smiling from hearing all the kind words about O'Neill. Now they have told me that they want to go to Provo for a game, hmmm so possibly the Chambers crew will take over Provo very soon, lol!



Linette Chambers


Linette,

You and yours will be VERY WELCOME here at Provo, and I think I speak for most here when I say that you would get a lot of help in planning a trip out here. You absolutely HAVE TO see a game at LES, the backround scenery of the stadium is in my opinion top 10 in the nation.



I am very excited about your boys move to tight end. I know I have been a little on Chambers this season, but I think that this move will give him an excellent chance to display his strengths. He has good hands, will be quick for a TE, is a FANTASTIC blocker for a wide receiver, etc.



The TE is a very central role for us and he will be very good, I think.
S
scott715
Is that official, the move to TE? I had only heard rumors. He is one that could make it work, but it will take a lot of work.



Just found the tweet. This is to get a more experience player on the field.
Advertisement
B
Brayden Green
I'm pretty sure they'll continue the hybrid TE experiment from last game. Don't quote me on that though.
G
Guest
Man, I wish we could get the Chambers clan out to Provo for a game. What a fun experience that would be.



Someone call Marriott and make this happen!



-err, without any NCAA violations.
W
WBcougar
BlueIsBetter wrote:
My family has never been to any of his games because of where they are played so this is the 1st time for some of them to go. And yes I said SOME I think there was 10% in attendance from our families there Saturday maybe next time we can get at 90% of them all there! They all had a blast and can't stop telling me how wonderful are all the BYU fans! They felt very special by many that took the time to speak to anyone wearing the Chambers Crew tshirts. They felt the genuine love from you guys for our O'Neill, thank you again so much! The grandparents can't stop smiling from hearing all the kind words about O'Neill. Now they have told me that they want to go to Provo for a game, hmmm so possibly the Chambers crew will take over Provo very soon, lol!



Linette Chambers


Linette,

You and yours will be VERY WELCOME here at Provo, and I think I speak for most here when I say that you would get a lot of help in planning a trip out here. You absolutely HAVE TO see a game at LES, the backround scenery of the stadium is in my opinion top 10 in the nation.



I am very excited about your boys move to tight end. I know I have been a little on Chambers this season, but I think that this move will give him an excellent chance to display his strengths. He has good hands, will be quick for a TE, is a FANTASTIC blocker for a wide receiver, etc.



The TE is a very central role for us and he will be very good, I think.


What would be the chance of taking up a collection and flying Linette out to Provo? I know I would be willing to donate a few bucks to the cause. Wouldn't take much. If twenty people on CC each donated $20 you would have close to enough for a ticket. I know some of you poor students can't afford $.20 let alone $20.00. However, there are a few more well-to-do Cougar fans who could put in a few extra dollars. I'm sure Linette would have connections in getting a ticket to about any game. Finding a place to stay for a couple of nights shouldn't be a problem. How about it Linette? You up to coming to Provo for a game?



If there is some interest, I'm sure it could be coordinated through one of the moderators.
S
snoscythe
WBcougar wrote:
Linette Chambers wrote:
My family has never been to any of his games because of where they are played so this is the 1st time for some of them to go. And yes I said SOME I think there was 10% in attendance from our families there Saturday maybe next time we can get at 90% of them all there! They all had a blast and can't stop telling me how wonderful are all the BYU fans! They felt very special by many that took the time to speak to anyone wearing the Chambers Crew tshirts. They felt the genuine love from you guys for our O'Neill, thank you again so much! The grandparents can't stop smiling groom hearing all the kind words about O'Neill. Now they have told me that they want to go to Provo for a game, hmmm so possibly the Chambers crew will take over Provo very soon, lol!



Linette Chambers


Linette,

You and yours will be VERY WELCOME here at Provo, and I think I speak for most here when I say that you would get a lot of help in planning a trip out here. You absolutely HAVE TO see a game at LES, the backround scenery of the stadium is in my opinion top 10 in the nation.



I am very excited about your boys move to tight end. I know I have been a little on Chambers this season, but I think that this move will give him an excellent chance to display his strengths. He has good hands, will be quick for a TE, is a FANTASTIC blocker for a wide receiver, etc.



The TE is a very central role for us and he will be very good, I think.


What would be the chance of taking up a collection and flying Linette out to Provo? I know I would be willing to donate a few bucks to the cause. Wouldn't take much. If twenty people on CC each donated $20 you would have close to enough for a ticket. I know some of you poor students can't afford $.20 let alone $20.00. However, there are a few more well-to-do Cougar fans who could put in a few extra dollars. I'm sure Linette would have connections in getting a ticket to about any game. Finding a place to stay for a couple of nights shouldn't be a problem. How about it Linette? Roi up to coming to Provo for a game?



If there is some interest, I'm sure it could be coordinated through one of the moderators.


It's a great idea, but one the ncaa frowns upon. O'Neill would have to forfeit next year's Heisman a few years down the road.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.