Archived Topic

What happened to SITUATIONAL?

by runbyu1 · 9/18/2010

Advertisement
R
runbyu1
Seriously, the coaches said the QB rotation would be situational. Then they just go and pull the same crap they did last week against Air Force, with a different QB. Our coaching staff is absolutely inept---it would've kept the FSU Defense on their toes to have Riley come in 1 or 2 times per series, but I get the feeling Anae isn't smart enough to figure out how to rotate Riley in. The guy's a gamer---put him in the game to make plays occasionally!



I just can't believe we started the game alternating series again, WHAT A JOKE! Imagine if we would've actually gone situational with Jake getting the majority of the snaps---could've been a whole different ball game. But instead we pull this alternating series crap and kill the rhythm of everything each time. Unbelievable.



Other thoughts: 1) The O-Line was abysmal 2) Our receivers are horrible at catching very catchable balls 3) Did a TE even get a ball tossed their way once? 4) Why didn't JJ get touches in the 2nd half? 5) Juice looked good on his limited action 6) I still think we win next week if the D can show up and the o-line even sort of shows up...
W
Wickchad
runbyu1 wrote:
Seriously, the coaches said the QB rotation would be situational. Then they just go and pull the same crap they did last week against Air Force, with a different QB. Our coaching staff is absolutely inept---it would've kept the FSU Defense on their toes to have Riley come in 1 or 2 times per series, but I get the feeling Anae isn't smart enough to figure out how to rotate Riley in. The guy's a gamer---put him in the game to make plays occasionally!



I just can't believe we started the game alternating series again, WHAT A JOKE! Imagine if we would've actually gone situational with Jake getting the majority of the snaps---could've been a whole different ball game. But instead we pull this alternating series crap and kill the rhythm of everything each time. Unbelievable.



Other thoughts: 1) The O-Line was abysmal 2) Our receivers are horrible at catching very catchable balls 3) Did a TE even get a ball tossed their way once? 4) Why didn't JJ get touches in the 2nd half? 5) Juice looked good on his limited action 6) I still think we win next week if the D can show up and the o-line even sort of shows up...


Quesada showed why he might not be getting as much playing time right now by not providing protection on one of the last sacks.
C
CannonCougar85
Wickchad84087 wrote:



Quesada showed why he might not be getting as much playing time right now by not providing protection on one of the last sacks.




Agreed. Juice blew it on that one. QB protection is something that Kariya does very well and is one of the reasons he has more playing time over Juice.



Nothing against Juice or anything, he's a true freshman. Those mistakes happen and he'll learn.
B
Brayden Green
chambers was playing a "hybrid" TE this week, so yes, they caught the ball.
R
runbyu1
Good points on Juice and Chambers, I missed the Juice missed protection somehow. Chambers might have been playing slot/TE but that doesn't really make him a TE.



And seriously, what's up with saying you're going to do situational and then not?
Advertisement
G
Guest
Yeah, I think the offense would have really benefited from Nelson in, especially in the blue zone on a couple of plays.
R
runbyu1
hawkwing wrote:
Yeah, I think the offense would have really benefited from Nelson in, especially in the blue zone on a couple of plays.


Yeah, especially in the blue zone. There were a couple of 3rd and shorts (the overthrown out to Hoffman, etc.) where I think Riley could've been very useful as well.
K
kiwibacon
Didn't someone say that Nelson had an injury. Maybe that is what happened to situational? Not sure just trying to answer the question.
G
Guest
kiwibacon wrote:
Didn't someone say that Nelson had an injury. Maybe that is what happened to situational? Not sure just trying to answer the question.


After his first drive he came off the field holding his arm awkwardly but he came back out and seemed fine. I don't know of any other injury after that.



Edit: I just saw Lawboy's comments about his hurt finger.
B
BoiseBYU
Apparently situational depends on the situation?



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.