Archived Topic

Now that the QB situation has been resolved.... Fix the D!

by ThrowbackBlue · 9/18/2010

Advertisement
T
ThrowbackBlue
Missed tackles.... Poor angles..... Blown assignments.... can't stop a run to the left.... FIX IT!



The only players on D I trust are Pendelton, Logan, and Rich.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
F
frdbtr
ThrowbackBlue wrote:
Missed tackles.... Poor angles..... Blown assignments.... can't stop a run to the left.... FIX IT!



The only players on D I trust are Pendelton, Logan, and Rich.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">


Is the QB decision resolved? Heaps was good on that drive right before half but they adjusted to him at half time and he did nothing after half. I still think that BYU needs to pick a guy and go with him, neither guy looks prepared because they don't get enough attention during the week. I don't care who it is, as long as they pick someone.
B
Brayden Green
frdbtr wrote:
Missed tackles.... Poor angles..... Blown assignments.... can't stop a run to the left.... FIX IT!



The only players on D I trust are Pendelton, Logan, and Rich.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">


Is the QB decision resolved? Heaps was good on that drive right before half but they adjusted to him at half time and he did nothing after half. I still think that BYU needs to pick a guy and go with him, neither guy looks prepared because they don't get enough attention during the week. I don't care who it is, as long as they pick someone.


lol. did we watch the same game?



You really think Riley is still in the mix?
V
vancouvercougar
BlueIsBetter wrote:
ThrowbackBlue wrote:
Missed tackles.... Poor angles..... Blown assignments.... can't stop a run to the left.... FIX IT!



The only players on D I trust are Pendelton, Logan, and Rich.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">


Is the QB decision resolved? Heaps was good on that drive right before half but they adjusted to him at half time and he did nothing after half. I still think that BYU needs to pick a guy and go with him, neither guy looks prepared because they don't get enough attention during the week. I don't care who it is, as long as they pick someone.


lol. did we watch the same game?



You really think Riley is still in the mix?


Yeah, 116 yards passing to 1? 1 pass completed of 4 attempts and a pick?
S
snoscythe
This week was the inverse of last week:



One QB starts great, one languishes, so we go with the hot hand.....and the offense stalls and we're never in the game from that point on. Opponent makes halftime adjustments, and the quarterback never puts together another drive.



If you were arguing for Heaps after last week, you should be arguing for Nelson this week, right?



At this point I don't care who starts, as long as we have clear-cut #1 starting Monday morning and we put this split-snaps BS in our rear-view. If nothing changes, things stay the same. I was looking for some big changes this week, but the only big change I saw was Anae descending from the box to coach on the sideline--a bad adjustment in my mind...I thought he did much better when he moved to the box. His move to the sideline reeks more of micromanagement than adjustment.
Advertisement
R
runbyu1
snoscythe wrote:
This week was the inverse of last week:



One QB starts great, one languishes, so we go with the hot hand.....and the offense stalls and we're never in the game from that point on. Opponent makes halftime adjustments, and the quarterback never puts together another drive.



If you were arguing for Heaps after last week, you should be arguing for Nelson this week, right?



At this point I don't care who starts, as long as we have clear-cut #1 starting Monday morning and we put this split-snaps BS in our rear-view. If nothing changes, things stay the same. I was looking for some big changes this week, but the only big change I saw was Anae descending from the box to coach on the sideline--a bad adjustment in my mind...I thought he did much better when he moved to the box. His move to the sideline reeks more of micromanagement than adjustment.


Amen to the Anae on the sidelines comment. I think it's pretty clear that the team played more as A TEAM when Jake was in, hence why there is not a lot of argument about the situation, despite being shut out in the second half.
B
Brayden Green
snoscythe wrote:
This week was the inverse of last week:



One QB starts great, one languishes, so we go with the hot hand.....and the offense stalls and we're never in the game from that point on. Opponent makes halftime adjustments, and the quarterback never puts together another drive.



If you were arguing for Heaps after last week, you should be arguing for Nelson this week, right?



At this point I don't care who starts, as long as we have clear-cut #1 starting Monday morning and we put this split-snaps BS in our rear-view. If nothing changes, things stay the same. I was looking for some big changes this week, but the only big change I saw was Anae descending from the box to coach on the sideline--a bad adjustment in my mind...I thought he did much better when he moved to the box. His move to the sideline reeks more of micromanagement than adjustment.


I really could care less who is the man, as long as someone is getting the majority of the snaps.



I just want a balanced offense. An option attack isn't going to get us wins, and throwing every single down won't do it either. Once again, JJ was our best player, and we went away from him.
S
SpiffCoug
BlueIsBetter wrote:
I really could care less who is the man, as long as someone is getting the majority of the snaps.



I just want a balanced offense. An option attack isn't going to get us wins, and throwing every single down won't do it either. Once again, JJ was our best player, and we went away from him.

Sorry, I couldn't keep away. I thought we played somewhat decently, good enough that I didn't think there'd be a total meltdown.



But, I'm calling bull on this. You very MUCH care who the man is. If Riley had 39 yards of offense in the 2nd half, you'd be ready to lead the lynching party.



That said, Jake was immeasurably better than Riley was. Riley was simply atrocious. That said, I do think the team should move forward with Jake as the primary signal caller. I'm still waiting for his accuracy to kick in.
C
Cougarbib
I second the BS call. And I am shocked how many people still have not accepted the fact that QB is only one of several issue all of which revolve around inexperience. We are not very good and there is mo quick fix.



I never have bought into rotating QBs every series regardless of momentum, but I do understand why the coaches have not taken what so many fans think is the obvious solution. Heaps isn't ready and neither is Nelson and the supporting cast is even less ready.



JJ is a bright spot in a sea of darkness.



Patience.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
B
Brayden Green
kitic77 wrote:
I really could care less who is the man, as long as someone is getting the majority of the snaps.



I just want a balanced offense. An option attack isn't going to get us wins, and throwing every single down won't do it either. Once again, JJ was our best player, and we went away from him.

Sorry, I couldn't keep away. I thought we played somewhat decently, good enough that I didn't think there'd be a total meltdown.



But, I'm calling bull on this. You very MUCH care who the man is. If Riley had 39 yards of offense in the 2nd half, you'd be ready to lead the lynching party.



That said, Jake was immeasurably better than Riley was. Riley was simply atrocious. That said, I do think the team should move forward with Jake as the primary signal caller. I'm still waiting for his accuracy to kick in.




I'm glad you didn't keep away. Well, I care that we run our offense, and balanced at that. We have looked more like Hawaii when Jake is in than BYU. I mean, why do we need to look like Air Force one second, and then Hawaii the next? Why can't we just be BYU? And if Riley gives us a more balanced offense, then I support him. I don't think he does. JJ needs to be the one running for us, not Kariya, not Nelson. If Riley can be in the game, and hand the ball off, and throw when he needs to - then that is fine. I was defensive of Riley in the game thread. We just need to be who we have been the last 5 years. Jake gives us the better chance of that, but at this point I'll take what I can get. Anae is really wearing thin on me.
Advertisement
J
JamieVallen
Anyone else notice how much the new Jorgenson was involved on D? (the one play he had on the goal line knocking the runner back and single handily preventing him from scoring, comes to mind) I was actually pretty impressed with him and feel like he will be good in the future and I think the same goes for Shane hunter he's wasn't too bad either. Some of these younger guys show promise.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
S
SpiffCoug
jmvcougar wrote:
Anyone else notice how much the new Jorgenson was involved on D? (the one play he had on the goal line knocking the runner back and single handily preventing him from scoring, comes to mind) I was actually pretty impressed with him and feel like he will be good in the future and I think the same goes for Shane hunter he's wasn't too bad either. Some of these younger guys show promise.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">

And immediately after making that play on the goal line he was beat on the TD throw. But yeah, he clearly needs more game reps.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.