Archived Topic

If I were Nelson and I REALLY only cared about winning...

by Italics · 9/18/2010

Advertisement
I
Italics
I would've stepped down a long time ago to let Heaps have the starting position.



That is all.
G
Gunk
Was thinking the same exact thing 5 min ago.



If you're Nelson, you can't help but see what Heaps is doing out on the field and realize the team plays better with Heaps in there. Gotta be hard, though, as I'm sure Nelson wants to play football.
I
Italics
Gunk wrote:
Was thinking the same exact thing 5 min ago.



If you're Nelson, you can't help but see what Heaps is doing out on the field and realize the team plays better with Heaps in there. Gotta be hard, though, as I'm sure Nelson wants to play football.


of course he wants to play. But if he's going to claim that he cares more about what's best for the team and winning than he does getting play time, he should realize he is not a great quarterback and Heaps is. He's quick, though... so hopefully he'll do a great job at fetching Heaps some water when he's thirsty.
G
Gunk
Italics wrote:
Was thinking the same exact thing 5 min ago.



If you're Nelson, you can't help but see what Heaps is doing out on the field and realize the team plays better with Heaps in there. Gotta be hard, though, as I'm sure Nelson wants to play football.


of course he wants to play. But if he's going to claim that he cares more about what's best for the team and winning than he does getting play time, he should realize he is not a great quarterback and Heaps is. He's quick, though... so hopefully he'll do a great job at fetching Heaps some water when he's thirsty.


Haha! Or some pickle juice for reynolds.
I
Italics
Gunk wrote:
Gunk wrote:
Was thinking the same exact thing 5 min ago.



If you're Nelson, you can't help but see what Heaps is doing out on the field and realize the team plays better with Heaps in there. Gotta be hard, though, as I'm sure Nelson wants to play football.


of course he wants to play. But if he's going to claim that he cares more about what's best for the team and winning than he does getting play time, he should realize he is not a great quarterback and Heaps is. He's quick, though... so hopefully he'll do a great job at fetching Heaps some water when he's thirsty.


Haha! Or some pickle juice for reynolds.


I still have no idea what that's in reference to. I feel so out of the loop.
Advertisement
G
Guest
If he really only cared about winning he'd be out there every day, pushing Heaps to push back harder and either be the best guy or get beat out by the better guy. Anything else doesn't help the team and it definitely doesn't help Heaps.
G
Gunk
Italics wrote:
Italics wrote:
Was thinking the same exact thing 5 min ago.



If you're Nelson, you can't help but see what Heaps is doing out on the field and realize the team plays better with Heaps in there. Gotta be hard, though, as I'm sure Nelson wants to play football.


of course he wants to play. But if he's going to claim that he cares more about what's best for the team and winning than he does getting play time, he should realize he is not a great quarterback and Heaps is. He's quick, though... so hopefully he'll do a great job at fetching Heaps some water when he's thirsty.


Haha! Or some pickle juice for reynolds.


I still have no idea what that's in reference to. I feel so out of the loop.


I'll fill you in. The team drinks pickle juice a ton of it. It helps prevent and stop cramping. During practice and definitley before each game the players down a cup of the stuff. During the game, especially the linemen, players will drink periodically. Gallons of the stuff is literally brought for each game. If you see a player make a drinking motion with his hand and squeezing his fingers that means he wants pickle juice.
I
Italics
Gunk wrote:
Gunk wrote:
Gunk wrote:
Was thinking the same exact thing 5 min ago.



If you're Nelson, you can't help but see what Heaps is doing out on the field and realize the team plays better with Heaps in there. Gotta be hard, though, as I'm sure Nelson wants to play football.


of course he wants to play. But if he's going to claim that he cares more about what's best for the team and winning than he does getting play time, he should realize he is not a great quarterback and Heaps is. He's quick, though... so hopefully he'll do a great job at fetching Heaps some water when he's thirsty.


Haha! Or some pickle juice for reynolds.


I still have no idea what that's in reference to. I feel so out of the loop.


I'll fill you in. The team drinks pickle juice a ton of it. It helps prevent and stop cramping. During practice and definitley before each game the players down a cup of the stuff. During the game, especially the linemen, players will drink periodically. Gallons of the stuff is literally brought for each game. If you see a player make a drinking motion with his hand and squeezing his fingers that means he wants pickle juice.


Hmmm, sounds kinda queer. :P
B
Brayden Green
Pickle juice has tons of sodium, and the salt in the water stays in your cells, so that you retain more and more water, and less cramping (cramping for lack of water). That is why Gatorade can claim the "electrolytes" that it has. Electrolytes are basically salt. If you look at a gatorade bottle, salt is like the 3rd, 4th, and 5th ingredient.
B
Brayden Green
hawkwing wrote:
If he really only cared about winning he'd be out there every day, pushing Heaps to push back harder and either be the best guy or get beat out by the better guy. Anything else doesn't help the team and it definitely doesn't help Heaps.


Yeah, splitting the snaps 50/50 seem to have done wonders for the team...
Advertisement
G
Guest
BlueIsBetter wrote:
If he really only cared about winning he'd be out there every day, pushing Heaps to push back harder and either be the best guy or get beat out by the better guy. Anything else doesn't help the team and it definitely doesn't help Heaps.


Yeah, splitting the snaps 50/50 seem to have done wonders for the team...


Thats coaching, not Nelson.
B
Brayden Green
hawkwing wrote:
hawkwing wrote:
If he really only cared about winning he'd be out there every day, pushing Heaps to push back harder and either be the best guy or get beat out by the better guy. Anything else doesn't help the team and it definitely doesn't help Heaps.


Yeah, splitting the snaps 50/50 seem to have done wonders for the team...


Thats coaching, not Nelson.


You're right. I take it back. :)
C
Cougarbib
BTW Heaps had 3 quarters to find his rhythm and couldn't score in the 2nd half. Does this sound familiar. But somehow you all find that easier to accept than Nelson being scoreless for the 2nd half Vs AFA. Ask Oklahoma who has the better defence AFA or FSU.



Heaps has scored One TD in over 6 full quarters worth of snaps. He is not Deity yet. But, he looked good at times. How many times did the ball end up on the ground, though.



He will come along. It will take time. There are lots of other problems to fix on this team.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
B
BPcougs
Its common sense... you have a true freshman and a junior and the junior cant out perform your true freshman? Let Heaps take the reins and develop into the QB of the future, which he is. He is never going to learn when he has to split time with a QB that cant even throw a spiral.
G
Gunk
Cougarbib2 wrote:
BTW Heaps had 3 quarters to find his rhythm and couldn't score in the 2nd half. Does this sound familiar. But somehow you all find that easier to accept than Nelson being scoreless for the 2nd half Vs AFA. Ask Oklahoma who has the better defence AFA or FSU.



Heaps has scored One TD in over 6 full quarters worth of snaps. He is not Deity yet. But, he looked good at times. How many times did the ball end up on the ground, though.



He will come along. It will take time. There are lots of other problems to fix on this team.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">


Look at the total offense of this game compared to our other two. Heaps had trouble getting it in the end zone, but I attribute that more to poor play calling by Anae than Heaps inabilities. Anae is the one calling the plays. Heaps is just carrying them out.



FSU made some adjustments in the 2nd half on defense. It was obvious no adjustments on offense were made.
Advertisement
C
Cougarbib
Hopefully Heaps will hold himself more accountable than fans are. Even with the fans the honeymoon won't last long. Lark may be the fan favorite by this time next week.



After USU things will get easier. Whoever is QB when that time comes will look great.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
B
Brayden Green
Cougarbib2 wrote:
Hopefully Heaps will hold himself more accountable than fans are. Even with the fans the honeymoon won't last long. Lark may be the fan favorite by this time next week.



After USU things will get easier. Whoever is QB when that time comes will look great.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">


based on? You are way off base here,.. I'm sorry but I have to call you on this.



Jake could come out and throw 4 picks, and noone is going to be calling for Lark.
S
snoscythe
BlueIsBetter wrote:
Hopefully Heaps will hold himself more accountable than fans are. Even with the fans the honeymoon won't last long. Lark may be the fan favorite by this time next week.



After USU things will get easier. Whoever is QB when that time comes will look great.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">


based on? You are way off base here,.. I'm sorry but I have to call you on this.



Jake could come out and throw 4 picks, and noone is going to be calling for Lark.


....and fifthqb shows up in 5, 4, 3...



;)
F
fifthqb
Its good to know that I have built up my brand . I heard my calling card and had to make an appearance.



Lark is the future.



Alright that was a joke, I don't know what the future is, I just want it to be a positive one. I did pose a question about how long the fan base would wait for Jake last week, and there are grumbles out there already from a few of the less-patient, less-educated fans.



And if there is one thing I know about going to games at LES is that fans start calling for replacements pretty darn quick once the picks, and losses start to pile up. If we are losing bad next week to Nevada and heaps is playing terrible, I guarantee fans will be calling for a change.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.