Archived Topic

1st Q thoughts

by mcgregor · 9/18/2010

Advertisement
M
mcgregor
Forget what Anae's done in the past, focus on the present:



1) Throw your slowest, least athletic receiver--Ashworth--a bubble screen??? Really?



2) 6 yards of offense in Q1.



3) FSU plays the first 10 yards with Riley in. Get him out.



4) I wish Thomas the best, and a speedy recovery. But here's hoping we find a better answer at that position.
K
kiwibacon
...any 2nd Quarter thoughts?
G
Guest
it's like Anae finally awoke from his summer slumber.
I
Italics
hawkwing wrote:
it's like Anae finally awoke from his summer slumber.


and put Heaps in? I agree.
C
CougarPeasant
Nice 2d quarter adjustment. I think that long TD run got the O's attention, that if they don't keep the defense off the field, then they will wear out and there would be no chance for a win.
Advertisement
G
Guest
Italics wrote:
it's like Anae finally awoke from his summer slumber.


and put Heaps in? I agree.


Mainly giving JJ the ball.
M
mcgregor
hawkwing wrote:
hawkwing wrote:
it's like Anae finally awoke from his summer slumber.


and put Heaps in? I agree.


Mainly giving JJ the ball.


Both.
Y
YBrit
Hey Defense:





FREAKIN" WRAP UP YOU IDIOTS



Hey Offense:



FREAKIN" DUMP THE PASS INSTEAD OF 20 YARD LOSSES
B
BoiseBYU
Now that we are 1-2, you could also say this stands for first quarter (of the season) Here are my thoughts:



Coaching is surprising me and in a bad way--good coaching ought to address the loss of graduating players better than we have--Pitta and Johnson are good examples. We simply do not have a tight end and Thomas' safety play has been horrific. I still do not get the play calling and personnel moves in the AF game. Overall, First Q, I'd give coaching a D.

I am not smart enough to know why our receivers are dropping balls and equaly of concern not getting open. Jacobson was a star last year. This year one catch for 6 yards. Ashworth was a good possession receiver. This year??? Chambers tore FSU up last year (I know he had a bad fumble, I remember) but he is a playmaker. This year??? Maybe it is the players, maybe it is the play calling, maybe it is the coaching. But I give them an F.

Running backs have been solid and picked up the slack for the loss of Unga. JJ is a bright spot. B+

OLine has been pretty solid until Reynolds got sick (AF) and then hurt his ankle (FSU). Giving up sacks to four man rushes in the FSU game is embarrasing. C+

Defense. If Thomas is the best man for his spot, heaven help this team. I thought our LBs would show better; they simply have not in my book. I've liked the corner play and Andrew Rich. The DLine has been up an down so:

Dline: C

LB: D+

Back four: A- (for threee of them) and F (for the other)

Special teams: Up and down: C



Like I said at a different spot, I can be and am patient. in the end I am a Cougar fan no matter what. I'd like to see my team show better than I think they can show
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.