Archived Topic

Who is Hamburger?

by jonnylingo · 9/17/2010

Advertisement
J
jonnylingo
Did I miss something. Is that a nickname for Heaps.



Per Dick Harmons Tweet a few days ago:


The hamburger threw 4 TD passes today. 5:59 PM Sep 14th via ÜberTwitter




Also, what does his tweet below mean about jake's demeanor?


Here's the deal: BYU not going to tip hand on QB reps or role this week so FSU has to prepare for both. Heaps not benched for demeanor. 11:18 AM Sep 14th via ÜberTwitter


I am not trying to make this a jake versus nelson thread. I just didn't know about hamburger and this quote by harmon baffled me because i was not sure what he meant by heaps not benched for his demeanor?? Can anyone shed some light.
B
Brayden Green
jonnylingo wrote:
Did I miss something. Is that a nickname for Heaps.



Per Dick Harmons Tweet a few days ago:


The hamburger threw 4 TD passes today. 5:59 PM Sep 14th via ÜberTwitter




Also, what does his tweet below mean about jake's demeanor?


Here's the deal: BYU not going to tip hand on QB reps or role this week so FSU has to prepare for both. Heaps not benched for demeanor. 11:18 AM Sep 14th via ÜberTwitter


I am not trying to make this a jake versus nelson thread. I just didn't know about hamburger and this quote by harmon baffled me because i was not sure what he meant by heaps not benched for his demeanor?? Can anyone shed some light.


He wrote an article about how we had a national brand, and that was passing the football and having great armed, prototypiclal quarterbacks. Then said BYU is now marketing Hot dogs, and telling everyone it is the same thing. But it's not the same recipe known throughout the nation. It's actually a good read. Now he is giving himself allusion to that article. I'll try and find the link...
B
Brayden Green
hahahaha lol. It's a friday...
Advertisement
S
snoscythe
Bronco made some cryptic comments about why they went with riley that led some to speculate it was attitudinal.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
B
Brayden Green
As for the demeanor quote, basically Jake wasn't benched because of his "mental makeup" after the interception.



In other words they are saying he was unaffected by the INT, and that wasn't a factor in deciding to bench him. They just chose Riley over Jake for the second half, but nothing to do with his attitude on the sidelines. He was mentally strong still, and not being mopey etc.
J
jonnylingo
Thanks for the info.



As to the 4 touchdowns, I was thinking it would be pretty hard to had five td passes in a practice if you are splitting reps. I wonder if this means he is getting more reps and that we will be seeing a little bit more of heaps come Saturday?



Probably splitting hairs. I think we are still going to see a lot of both of them in this game. All I know that I think we can really win this game. This despite states like this


FSU has won 11 consecutive games against non-BCS teams; 15-1 record alltime v. non-AQs since BCS inception (loss to CUSA's L'ville in 2002).
From Wrubell's twitter account.
B
beauso79
I think DH Tweeted that Jake, "Hamburger", had TD passes of 4, 5, 4 on consecutive days this week. Looks like he wants to start. Was this against our 1st string "D" I wonder?? Also looks like our WR's might start catching the ball
J
jonnylingo
Guy on cougarboard said that Harmon in his tweet responses said the "Hamburger" had 13 td passes in three days of practice. On Harmon's twitter account only shows the 4 on the 14th though. if this is true, I have to imagine heaps is getting more reps. Either that or they are just having him do drills where there is no defense because that is ridiculous. Do it in a game Hamburger.



http://www.cougarboard.com/noframes/message.html?id=5948895" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Advertisement
I
imuakahuku
The AF game second half may prove to be the turning point in the season. Jake may actually be able to get to the next level now and the WR's may have even more concentration when running out so they run the correct routes and catch the dang ball when it's thown to them. I would like to know who caught all the TD passes from him this week.
F
frdbtr
beauso79 wrote:
I think DH Tweeted that Jake, "Hamburger", had TD passes of 4, 5, 4 on consecutive days this week. Looks like he wants to start. Was this against our 1st string "D" I wonder?? Also looks like our WR's might start catching the ball



they are practicing against the scout team now. They no longer do 1's against 1's and so forth.
I
IndiCoug
I like the nickname; "Hamburger" I think I'm going to start using it!!!! Now we can have a new thread after the FSU game -- Hamburger vs. Nelson! :lol:

I can hear the chant now in LES. Or the Heisman hype in 2012 ---- "HAMBURGER".
C
cscoug
IndiCoug wrote:
I like the nickname; "Hamburger" I think I'm going to start using it!!!! Now we can have a new thread after the FSU game -- Hamburger vs. Nelson! :lol:

I can hear the chant now in LES. Or the Heisman hype in 2012 ---- "HAMBURGER".


If Heaps starts and Nelson comes in for special plays, we can have Hamburger, Helper :lol: :lol: :lol:
I
IndiCoug
cscoug wrote:
I like the nickname; "Hamburger" I think I'm going to start using it!!!! Now we can have a new thread after the FSU game -- Hamburger vs. Nelson! :lol:

I can hear the chant now in LES. Or the Heisman hype in 2012 ---- "HAMBURGER".


If Heaps starts and Nelson comes in for special plays, we can have Hamburger, Helper :lol: :lol: :lol:

:crazy: +1 SWEET!!



Go Cougars!!!
Advertisement
M
MJCOUGAR
BlueIsBetter wrote:
Did I miss something. Is that a nickname for Heaps.



Per Dick Harmons Tweet a few days ago:


The hamburger threw 4 TD passes today. 5:59 PM Sep 14th via ÜberTwitter




Also, what does his tweet below mean about jake's demeanor?


Here's the deal: BYU not going to tip hand on QB reps or role this week so FSU has to prepare for both. Heaps not benched for demeanor. 11:18 AM Sep 14th via ÜberTwitter


I am not trying to make this a jake versus nelson thread. I just didn't know about hamburger and this quote by harmon baffled me because i was not sure what he meant by heaps not benched for his demeanor?? Can anyone shed some light.


He wrote an article about how we had a national brand, and that was passing the football and having great armed, prototypiclal quarterbacks. Then said BYU is now marketing Hot dogs, and telling everyone it is the same thing. But it's not the same recipe known throughout the nation. It's actually a good read. Now he is giving himself allusion to that article. I'll try and find the link...


Harmon is pretty confident thinking that one decent article would be enough for all to know who "hamburger" was. Were it not for you reminding me of the article I would have been thoroughly confused.
G
Guest
I'm all for Hamburgers, but it's going to take steak to get to the promised land.
J
JamieVallen
I'm pretty hungry now...
I
Italics
beauso79 wrote:
I think DH Tweeted that Jake, "Hamburger", had TD passes of 4, 5, 4 on consecutive days this week. Looks like he wants to start. Was this against our 1st string "D" I wonder?? Also looks like our WR's might start catching the ball


There can only be one
B
BoiseBYU
So can I ask WHERE"S THE BEEF??
Page 1 of 2
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.