Archived Topic

Hey receiver recruits....

by craigoscarson · 9/16/2010

Advertisement
C
craigoscarson
http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;



Yep, a BYU grad is leading the league in receiving yards and in the top 10 in receptions and targets.
L
Llamaweezer
............... After 1 game, but I am guessing your post is in tongue and cheeck.
N
northerncougar
And he is not a BYU grad.
B
byutx
craigoscarson wrote:
http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics



Yep, a BYU grad is leading the league in receiving yards and in the top 10 in receptions and targets.

Maybe that will balance out the fact that we're not throwing to receivers under Riley? Hope so. There are so many negative possibilities that playing riley ball could lead to.
C
craigoscarson
byutx wrote:
http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics



Yep, a BYU grad is leading the league in receiving yards and in the top 10 in receptions and targets.

Maybe that will balance out the fact that we're not throwing to receivers under Riley? Hope so. There are so many negative possibilities that playing riley ball could lead to.


Riley will not be any recruits qb. We're done recruiting this year and he'll be gone before 2011 class comes in.



And to the other poster, no it's not tongue in cheek (no idea what tounge and cheek is; neither do you)... A BYU receiver has 163 yards receiving in one game; this is newsworthy. In fact, I doubt there's been another former MWC receiver in the last 3 years that has a 163 yard+ game.
Advertisement
M
MTM
craigoscarson wrote:
[And to the other poster, no it's not tongue in cheek (no idea what tounge and cheek is; neither do you)... A BYU receiver has 163 yards receiving in one game; this is newsworthy. In fact, I doubt there's been another former MWC receiver in the last 3 years that has a 163 yard+ game.


Steve Smith has had a couple :evil: ;)
C
CannonCougar85
Collie is a stud. Manning loves him and was a big influence on the Colts drafting him. Any question as to who will play more between Collie (11 receptions) and Gonzo (1 reception) was answered with this game.



Collie is extremely fortunate to be playing on a team that has A. Peyton Manning and B. So many talented wide receivers that it's hard to cover them all. Collie playing in the slot typically gets covered by a linebacker which is a mismatch any day of the week.



Collie is a stud.
C
craigoscarson
MTM wrote:
[And to the other poster, no it's not tongue in cheek (no idea what tounge and cheek is; neither do you)... A BYU receiver has 163 yards receiving in one game; this is newsworthy. In fact, I doubt there's been another former MWC receiver in the last 3 years that has a 163 yard+ game.


Steve Smith has had a couple :evil: ;)


Smith has cracked 160 twice in the last 4 years.
M
MTM
craigoscarson wrote:
craigoscarson wrote:
[And to the other poster, no it's not tongue in cheek (no idea what tounge and cheek is; neither do you)... A BYU receiver has 163 yards receiving in one game; this is newsworthy. In fact, I doubt there's been another former MWC receiver in the last 3 years that has a 163 yard+ game.


Steve Smith has had a couple :evil: ;)


He's been good, but I dont' think he cracked 163 in a single game in any of the last 3 years.


He had a couple in 2008 and few more 150+ in the past few years.



I was just yanking your chain anyway. Steve Smith has had a good career and Austin Collie probably will too.
J
jonnylingo
Hey receiver recruits, watch our games, we rank 101st in scoring offense and had 88 yards passing in our last game. Come here where if you manage to be the number one receiver on the team there will be games where you don't touch the ball even once.



okay, enough negativity for me. I am trying to move on here. It is just hard to get over the coaching and rilely debacle that was last saturday.
Advertisement
C
craigoscarson
jonnylingo wrote:
Hey receiver recruits, watch our games, we rank 101st in scoring offense and had 88 yards passing in our last game. Come here where if you manage to be the number one receiver on the team there will be games where you don't touch the ball even once.



okay, enough negativity for me. I am trying to move on here. It is just hard to get over the coaching and rilely debacle that was last saturday.


BYU fans dont' seem to need Ute trolls to piss on our team, we seem to be doing it just fine ourselves. The bandwagon cleared out fast.....



The short term bitching over one game has been appalling and exasperating. It's one game and one season after several consecutive double digit win seasons, in a year where BYU has the smallest senior class in a decade.



We potentially have the most talented freshman qb in the history of this school and he's playing this year; the fact that he's even capable of taking snaps as a true freshman is unbelievable.



I never expected better than 8-4 this year, and I didnt' expect to win at AFA. I think some of you wet blankets just got your hopes up too high and can't handle a transition year.



The bitching and crying does nothing for BYU or the team; and it certainly doesn't take away from the fact that it's entirely possible to come to BYU and make headlines later in the NFL as a receiver.



All you wet blankets need to go back and look at what we've achieved the last 4 years. A great deal of our talent are inexperienced and young and it showed on the field last week. Big deal.
J
jonnylingo
craigoscarson wrote:
Hey receiver recruits, watch our games, we rank 101st in scoring offense and had 88 yards passing in our last game. Come here where if you manage to be the number one receiver on the team there will be games where you don't touch the ball even once.



okay, enough negativity for me. I am trying to move on here. It is just hard to get over the coaching and rilely debacle that was last saturday.


BYU fans dont' seem to need Ute trolls to piss on our team, we seem to be doing it just fine ourselves. The bandwagon cleared out fast.....



The short term bitching over one game has been appalling and exasperating. It's one game and one season after several consecutive double digit win seasons, in a year where BYU has the smallest senior class in a decade.



We potentially have the most talented freshman qb in the history of this school and he's playing this year; the fact that he's even capable of taking snaps as a true freshman is unbelievable.



I never expected better than 8-4 this year, and I didnt' expect to win at AFA. I think some of you wet blankets just got your hopes up too high and can't handle a transition year.



The bitching and crying does nothing for BYU or the team; and it certainly doesn't take away from the fact that it's entirely possible to come to BYU and make headlines later in the NFL as a receiver.



All you wet blankets need to go back and look at what we've achieved the last 4 years. A great deal of our talent are inexperienced and young and it showed on the field last week. Big deal.


Chill out. All fans handle disappointment differently. Get off your high horse. I remember your whining when reports came out we were considering going indy even if mwc gave us all we wanted. Its called being a fan who cares. I resent you even suggesting I am a bandwagon fan. I wasn't the one saying that I was going to hop off the bandwagon depending on if byu went indy or not. You can kiss my a%$.
C
craigoscarson
The difference is that mine was a hypothetical and the MWC gave us nothing. My point was that BYU needed to make the correct decision if the MWC actually gave in and they did exactly the right thing when the MWC didn't. (it would be no different than if the headliners in my 401k decided to invest in a water theme park in antartica).

Never once did I name a name or piss on the program. I said that if BYU were to get what they wanted from the MWC and they didn't, that I'd have a problem with that financially. In the end the MWC fell flat on their faces and BYU made the best decision; that's what I expected and not at all the small creeping fear I had IF BYU acted simply out of pride and anger like some suggested on this forum. It was a business decision and they made the right one, without emotion. And I can guarantee you that had they made a bad emotional decision and left inspite of palatable documented concessions from the MWC, that you bet i would have stopped voting with my checkbook. But never once, has winning or losing been a consideration in that; only fatal decisions by administration, of which have been few and far between.



Nothing about the current week of football is hypothetical, it's in our face and some are handling it well and others are looking like extrachromosomal douches with nothing nice to say.



If it looks like a bandwagon fan and smells like a bandwagon fan.... well tough guy.. yours (and several others) posts this week stink of bandwagon fans that have very little faith in the future of this program.


jonnylingo wrote:

Hey receiver recruits, watch our games, we rank 101st in scoring offense and had 88 yards passing in our last game. Come here where if you manage to be the number one receiver on the team there will be games where you don't touch the ball even once.


You bet there are reasons to be unhappy right now, but nothing BYU, the coaches or the players have done is fatal; yet in spite of that, I haven't heard this much crying on a BYU sports forum since Gary Crowton was boss.



I'm not sure how the doom and gloom helps BYU athletics. The future is incredibly bright and I'm going to preach that til one of you tough guys has the stones to actually make me kiss your nether parts. Some peoples bark is a lot bigger than their bite.
K
kfilly20
Jonnylingo is the toughest of the tough on here, watch out craigoscarson !!!!
J
jonnylingo
craigoscarson wrote:
The difference is that mine was a hypothetical and the MWC gave us nothing. My point was that BYU needed to make the correct decision if the MWC actually gave in and they did when then MWC didn't. Never once did I name a name or piss on the program. I said that if BYU were to get what they wanted from the MWC and they didn't, that I'd have a problem with that financially. In the end the MWC fell flat on their faces and BYU made the best decision; that's what I expected and not at all what I feared could happen if BYU acted simply out of pride and anger like some suggested on this forum. It was a business decision and they made the right one, without emotion.



Nothing about the current week of football is hypothetical, it's in our face and some are handling it well and others are looking like extrachromosomal douches with nothing nice to say.



If it looks like a bandwagon fan and smells like a bandwagon fan.... well tough guy.. yours (and several others) posts this week stink of bandwagon fans that have very little faith in the future of this program.


jonnylingo wrote:

Hey receiver recruits, watch our games, we rank 101st in scoring offense and had 88 yards passing in our last game. Come here where if you manage to be the number one receiver on the team there will be games where you don't touch the ball even once.


I was being saracastic and you can say what you want regarding your tantrum a few weeks ago when the reports came out. You were disappointed just like I was. Read my other posts. If I were bandwagon fan I wouldn't even bother wasting so much of my time on these boards. I also wouldn't be a cougarclub member and attend nearly every game every year. Did you drive 16 hours and spend time away from your family to go to the air force game? If you want to get on a high horse and whine about fans who are disappointed in byu having only 88 yards passing then I can't stop you, but calling someone a bandwagon fan for being disappointed and expressing that disappointment through sarcasm on sports blog is ridiculous. Its hypocritical in your case as well, especially after your "i am done" with byu football if..... That is as bandwagon as it gets.
Advertisement
C
craigoscarson
Keep telling yourself that tough guy. Internet thugs amuse me like no other.



I'm not the little black raincloud hovering over this board right now.
J
jonnylingo
craigoscarson wrote:
Keep telling yourself that tough guy. Internet thugs amuse me like no other.



I'm not the little black raincloud hovering over this board right now.


Yes, maybe I have been a little black rain cloud the last few days. I decided to pick up where you left off during the indy discussions.



Time to move on. I think we have a great shot at winning this Saturday. Despite Mr. Carson's least educated inference about my outlook I still think a season with more than 8 wins is possible this year. its our year to beat TCU and by the end of the year we will be in position to beat the utes again.



By they way, I already posted collie's receiving stats a few days ago. I was in a positive mood that day.
C
craigoscarson
jonnylingo wrote:
Keep telling yourself that tough guy. Internet thugs amuse me like no other.



I'm not the little black raincloud hovering over this board right now.


Yes, maybe I have been a little black rain cloud the last few days. I decided to pick up where you left off during the indy discussions.



Time to move on. I think we have a great shot at winning this Saturday. Despite Mr. Carson's least educated inference about my outlook I still think a season with more than 8 wins is possible this year. its our year to beat TCU and by the end of the year we will be in position to beat the utes again.



By they way, I already posted collie's receiving stats a few days ago. I was in a positive mood that day.


Who's Mr. Carson and what does going Indy have to do with not going back to the MWC if the MWC gave the right concessions?

I didn't and have never hated the idea of independence. I hated the idea of BYU making an emotional business decision if the MWC gave in. I still hate that idea; thankfully it never went down that way. I love independence, but only because it was done for the right reasons.



That's certainly different than crying and moaning for a week and in the process throwing BYU coaches and players under the bus, in spite of BYUs success the last several years.



There is nothing wrong with a transition year; and I think the road will only get bumpier this season; but only for the benefit of the future. That's what excites me, win or lose this season. What bothers me are the people that have benefited from the last several years of BYU football and aren't able to keep an even keel through a transition year.



The sky isn't falling chicken little....
J
jonnylingo
craigoscarson wrote:
craigoscarson wrote:
Keep telling yourself that tough guy. Internet thugs amuse me like no other.



I'm not the little black raincloud hovering over this board right now.


Yes, maybe I have been a little black rain cloud the last few days. I decided to pick up where you left off during the indy discussions.



Time to move on. I think we have a great shot at winning this Saturday. Despite Mr. Carson's least educated inference about my outlook I still think a season with more than 8 wins is possible this year. its our year to beat TCU and by the end of the year we will be in position to beat the utes again.



By they way, I already posted collie's receiving stats a few days ago. I was in a positive mood that day.


Who's Mr. Carson and what does going Indy have to do with not going back to the MWC if the MWC gave the right concessions?

I didn't and have never hated the idea of independence. I hated the idea of BYU making an emotional business decision if the MWC gave in. I still hate that idea; thankfully it never went down that way. I love independence, but only because it was done for the right reasons.



That's certainly different than crying and moaning for a week and in the process throwing BYU coaches and players under the bus, in spite of BYUs success the last several years.



There is nothing wrong with a transition year; and I think the road will only get bumpier this season; but only for the benefit of the future. That's what excites me, win or lose this season. What bothers me are the people that have benefited from the last several years of BYU football and aren't able to keep an even keel through a transition year.



The sky isn't falling chicken little....


Never said it was. Never threw any coaches under the bus either. In fact if you were around I was defending anae against all the dump anea guys. read up my friend. You obviously came in at half time and started making judgments all over the place. I am not worried about BYU. Do I disagree with some of what the coaches have done, yes, but I am not even close to ready to throw the coaches under the bus.



Oh and sorry about getting your name wrong.
B
Brayden Green
Craig - oscarson . or son of oscar if you want to get technical.



Son of craig oscar.



I find it funny people call you "craigo" . But it works.



I don't want to jump in this fight, but I think for me Craig, it was the way we lost, not the loss itself. Our loss was giving up on passing, and giving up on our young talent. Jake was overly punished and has handled it well, but you just can't screw with young talent like that. That has been, and was very badly handled in the 2nd game and before.
Page 1 of 2
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.