Archived Topic

CougarCorner College Pick 'em Week Three

by kiwibacon · 9/15/2010

Advertisement
K
kiwibacon
Week Two of the CougarCorner Pick 'em challenge brought no real standout picks. So undramatic and highly favored were most teams that all the experts chose the exact same winners across the board. Results...all experts went 6-1 last week along with most others. With the lone loss being the hardest loss to swallow.



I will be surprised to have a repeat of week two the rest of the season in regards to matching picks with all the experts. We now go into week three and we will begin to get some separation. It is time to separate those who walk the walk and those that are just casual observers who only "talk". How will everyone do? Which one of you will take a seat with the experts next season? We will start to learn this weekend. Good Luck to all who place their picks.



Lastly, to add a little bit of change, we will now include once a week a "game of interest". This will normally be a game that has a Top 25 team and/or a team that will have some BYU interest. That "game of interest" will always be listed at the bottom of the picks and not in order of kickoff.

http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd14/kiwibacon4/CougarCorner/pickemwk3.jpg" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">

Week Three Expert results

Staffieri (8-1)

McGregor (5-4)

Hawkwing (7-2)

Snoscythe (7-2)

Kiwibacon (8-1)
M
Mars


I don't agree with any of you, but I agree with Kiwibacon the most (and McGregor the least!)...



Florida State over BYU :~(

Miami(OH) over CSU :lol:

Oklahoma over Air Force :angry:

TCU over Baylor :roll:

Missouri over SDSU :skeptic:

Utah over New Mexico :sick:

Boise State over Wyoming :P

Idaho over UNLV :gross:

Nebraska over Washington :blush:
S
SpiffCoug
FSU big.

Miami (OH)

Sooners

TCU

Missouri

Utes

Boise

Idaho

Washington
M
mcgregor
Mars wrote:


I don't agree with any of you, but I agree with Kiwibacon the most (and McGregor the least!)...



Florida State over BYU :~(

Miami(OH) over CSU :lol:

Oklahoma over Air Force :angry:

TCU over Baylor :roll:

Missouri over SDSU :skeptic:

Utah over New Mexico :sick:

Boise State over Wyoming :P

Idaho over UNLV :gross:

Nebraska over Washington :blush:


BYU over FSU: I simply cannot pick against the Cougs. Even if they were playing the Bears. Or Chuck Norris.



AFA over OU: I didn't like that there was so much consensus among the guessers, so I wanted to pick ONE team that I thought could pull an upset. This is the one I hope for.



SDSU over Miss: This was a close call for me, but I think SDSU has it in them.



UNLV: I just think Idaho is a crappier team than even UNLV.
S
snoscythe
I would've picked FSU, but (1) I will never pick against the Cougs, and (2) FSU played crappier against OU than BYU played against AFA, so I think we have a shot given our coaching track record vs. their lack of coaching track record.



AFA is still pretty healthy since we didn't put up much of a fight, and OU just can't get past MWC teams. This is AFA's year to make a splash.



Would have loved to pick Baylor, but Robert Griffin III isn't getting enough help to win this one alone.



SDSU hasn't shown a defense yet that would keep them in the game with Mizzou.



Don't have to say anything about UNM.



I think Wyoming has an upset in them, but James Madison just fired up the blue broncos.



Idaho won a bowl game last year and has looked decent. UNLV can't say either.



If we beat UW, Nebraska pummels UW.
Advertisement
S
sandiegoblue
BYU

CSU

AFA

TCU

SDSU

Utah

Boise State

UNLV

Washington



No sense in being reasonable. I never win these things anyway.
W
Wickchad
BYU

Miami (OH)

Oklahoma

TCU

Missouri

Utah

BSU

Idaho

Nebraska
M
MJCOUGAR
BYU

Miami (OH)

Oklahoma

TCU

Missouri

Utah

BSU

UNLV

Nebraska
J
jonnylingo
BYU

the team that is not csu

Oklahoma

TCU

Missouri

Utah

BSU

UNLV

Nebraska
B
Brayden Green
jonnylingo wrote:
BYU

the team that is not csu

Oklahoma

TCU

Missouri

Utah

BSU

UNLV

Nebraska


mine too. Simply gotta pick BYU, no sense being sad admitting a loss til it happens.

Gotta pick the Utes against the worst team in the country. No hope for an upset there.
Advertisement
M
Mars
mcgregor wrote:
BYU over FSU: I simply cannot pick against the Cougs. Even if they were playing the Bears. Or Chuck Norris.



AFA over OU: I didn't like that there was so much consensus among the guessers, so I wanted to pick ONE team that I thought could pull an upset. This is the one I hope for.



SDSU over Miss: This was a close call for me, but I think SDSU has it in them.



UNLV: I just think Idaho is a crappier team than even UNLV.

I can definitely respect those picks.
C
craigoscarson
Florida State over BYU

Miami(OH) over CSU

Oklahoma over Air Force

TCU over Baylor

Missouri over SDSU

I won't pick Utah to win ever; so I'll just give up this point

Boise State over Wyoming

UNLV over Idaho

Nebraska over Washington
A
akammerman
BYU

Miami(OH)

AFA

TCU

Missouri

Utah

BSU

Idaho

UW
B
bluesince82
BYU - my head says FSU, but my heart will never go against BYU.

Miami (OH) - next to New Mexico CSU is one of the weakest teams in the country

Boomer Sooner - as much as I'd like AFA to pull an upset in this game, just aint gonna happen

TCU

Mizzou - if played at Qualcomm I think SDSU could manage a win, but not on in Columbia

Utah - UNM is the worst team in the country

Boise State - Pokes won't be able to break these Broncos

UNLV - they get their first win of the season

Washington - this is my upset game of the week. Pellini's D will probably prove me wrong
K
kiwibacon
Week 4 Picks should be up by late Monday night. Be aware that Week 4 will close early on Friday night because TCU plays SMU on Friday night. Also Week 5 will close early on Friday as that week BYU will be playing USU.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.