Archived Topic

Kehl Gets Axed for One Bad Play?

by snoscythe · 9/14/2010

Advertisement
G
Guest
I hope he moves on to greener fields elsewhere. Seems kinda rough for the guy who leads the team in special teams tackles.
S
Schmoe
I'm confident that he'll find a spot somewhere, he played some excellent games in NY and was even the leader tackler when he was playing at LB more regularly.
H
hypercoug
That sux. I hope he finds something else!
C
CougarPeasant
Tough break for Nixon, but it sounded like NY needed a TE and Nixon picked the wrong game to miss an assignment. He should latch on elsewhere I suspect.
Advertisement
S
snoscythe
CougarPeasant wrote:
Tough break for Nixon, but it sounded like NY needed a TE and Nixon picked the wrong game to miss an assignment. He should latch on elsewhere I suspect.


Thankfully Nixon has already landed in Houston. ;)
C
CougarPeasant
snoscythe wrote:
Tough break for Nixon, but it sounded like NY needed a TE and Nixon picked the wrong game to miss an assignment. He should latch on elsewhere I suspect.


Thankfully Nixon has already landed in Houston. ;)


I see my being suspect proved beneficial. ;)
M
Metal Bubba
That is brutal. I didn't realize it was his assignment. The guys calling the game seemed to blame it on the special team's coach not realizing that the Panthers put a pass rushing DE on that side of the line. In fairness to Kehl, the kid who blocked that punt is a rookie who had a great preseason and is looking like a steal for where the Cats picked him in the draft. Kid is gonna be a player.



Edit: Also, wrong place at the wrong time. When the 1st string TE got hurt, they only had 1 backup. And that dude sucked. They need 2 TEs for some of their packages, so having only 1 who sucked for most of the game woke Coughlin up.
B
BoiseBYU
Dang, think what Couglin would have done after the Air Force game were he the head coach! We might not have enough players and coaches to field a team this Saturday
S
scott715
St. Louis picked him up.
Advertisement
M
mizzoucoug
Yes my Rams got him! The Giants play a 4-3 so Kehl didn't have much chance there but I'm pretty sure the Rams are running a 3-4 these days (I don't generally watch NFL on Sunday so I realize it makes me look like less than a fan to not know this.) Hopefully he gets a shot at LB. Go Rams!
I
Isola
There could be a silver lining in this. I was actually just thinking this weekend that a move could be good for Kehl. I also never saw Kehl as a New York type guy.



Plus I will get to see more of his games now. Wahoo.
Y
Y12
Kehl can't step in and play tight end? The guy is an animal, he could have made the switch for the team.



Anyways, glad he found a home in St. Louis now, so we didn't have to choose to root between Kehl (rams) or Hall (Arizona).
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.