Archived Topic

Sounds like Van Noy might want out...

by Italics · 9/12/2010

Advertisement
I
Italics
Van Noy's facebook status states "Pretty disappointed in this week... Lots on the mind we will see if a change or leaving might be an option! Doin work..."



I'm sure this will bring out lots of "if he's a quitter, fine he can leave," comments - but let's be honest, many of us - especially me - have been worried about having talented guys leave for not getting the play time they should be receiving. You can't say that KVG hasn't "earned" playing time, because everything we've seen in practice has shown that he's been doing well. Bronco seems to prefer playing seniority over talent. I've been afraid all along of losing some of the great recruits we've pulled in because of this, and it appears that those fears may come to life if something doesn't change quickly.
B
BigCougsFan
Uh oh... Scary!



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
B
Brayden Green
I think he's fine. He will stay as we have been very accommodating to him when he didn't come here for DUI charges. I think it was a little knee-jerk reaction on his part, but it does beg the question, if this is more of an underlying problem. I think we need to feature our high star recruits more... Frazier looked severly out of place and just plain bad yesterday. At least put the kid in to see what he can do. We don't know what is going to behind the scenes, but I am a little worried from the leakings that I hear. Not everyone can shut up and ride the pine with no clear reason.
B
BroncoBot
Wow, If i was bronco and Van Noy was really thinking of QUITTING (yeah, he'd be a quitter), I'd be done with KVN. Why post that garbage on facebook?
K
kfilly20
declocoug wrote:
Wow, If i was bronco and Van Noy was really thinking of QUITTING (yeah, he'd be a quitter), I'd be done with KVN. Why post that garbage on facebook?


Because he is a dumb 19 year old ... remember when you were 19 ?
Advertisement
B
Brayden Green
declocoug wrote:
Wow, If i was bronco and Van Noy was really thinking of QUITTING (yeah, he'd be a quitter), I'd be done with KVN. Why post that garbage on facebook?


You'd be done with KVN? He hasn't even really played.
B
BroncoBot
BlueIsBetter wrote:
Wow, If i was bronco and Van Noy was really thinking of QUITTING (yeah, he'd be a quitter), I'd be done with KVN. Why post that garbage on facebook?


You'd be done with KVN? He hasn't even really played.

DUI, Bronco sticks his neck out for him. Now he's wavering in his commitment to the program on a social network. Yeah. KVN was already on thin ice with me, I'd be finished.
C
Cougs_Rule
Declo. Do you actually have any kids? How about if the Cc moderators kicked your fanny off CC bc you are being so reactive? Probably not necessary.

I'm not saying this should be tolerated. But, you sound like a jilted lover.



This is part of the problem with this team. More talented young ones who know they will shortly be better than the experienced ones who the system favors. And they are getting some pt but recognize its just appeasement. I'm not even saying play all the youngsters, but the problem is this team is lacking unity, leadership and clarity of purpose. I do have faith in Bronco, so it will be a very interesting test of his leadership.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
B
BroncoBot
dmcougar wrote:
Declo. Do you actually have any kids? How about if the Cc moderators kicked your fanny off CC bc you are being so reactive? Probably not necessary.

I'm not saying this should be tolerated. But, you sound like a jilted lover.



This is part of the problem with this team. More talented young ones who know they will shortly be better than the experienced ones who the system favors. And they are getting some pt but recognize its just appeasement. I'm not even saying play all the youngsters, but the problem is this team is lacking unity, leadership and clarity of purpose. I do have faith in Bronco, so it will be a very interesting test of his leadership.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">

I actually do have kids and would want them to be disciplined if they were this careless in their commitments. Sorry, I think KVN is the one being overreactive here.
B
Brayden Green
declocoug wrote:
Declo. Do you actually have any kids? How about if the Cc moderators kicked your fanny off CC bc you are being so reactive? Probably not necessary.

I'm not saying this should be tolerated. But, you sound like a jilted lover.



This is part of the problem with this team. More talented young ones who know they will shortly be better than the experienced ones who the system favors. And they are getting some pt but recognize its just appeasement. I'm not even saying play all the youngsters, but the problem is this team is lacking unity, leadership and clarity of purpose. I do have faith in Bronco, so it will be a very interesting test of his leadership.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">

I actually do have kids and would want them to be disciplined if they were this careless in their commitments. Sorry, I think KVN is the one being overreactive here.


That's the point, he is being over reactive. They got killed, on the road, and he didn't see ANY playing time. And watched the guy in front of him on the depth chart wiffing tackles and taking just bad lines, and not hitting people right in front of him. Watch the game back, Frazier was horrific out there. You think KVN was watching the team defense as a whole? Well, maybe. But only after watching his man, (Frazier) make an absolute fool of himself. That's not easy to swallow.



And what do you think the internet is used for today? What are you doing on here? Your reaction to him is a lot more like his than you think. "I'm done."
Advertisement
C
CAFB_04-12
kfilly20 wrote:
Wow, If i was bronco and Van Noy was really thinking of QUITTING (yeah, he'd be a quitter), I'd be done with KVN. Why post that garbage on facebook?


Because he is a dumb 19 year old ... remember when you were 19 ?

I never got a DUI when I was 19...



That's beyond "just a dumb kid."
C
Cougs_Rule
Declo, I know a good program for troubled kids if they start whining or drinking. KVN and JH are pretty close. He'll calm Kyle down. In fact, come to think of it KVN probably sees qb decisions that are also questionable from yesterday.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
C
Cougs_Rule
CAFB_04-12 wrote:
declocoug wrote:
Wow, If i was bronco and Van Noy was really thinking of QUITTING (yeah, he'd be a quitter), I'd be done with KVN. Why post that garbage on facebook?


Because he is a dumb 19 year old ... remember when you were 19 ?

I never got a DUI when I was 19...



That's beyond "just a dumb kid."


I thought I was hypocritcal, self-righteous and short on perspective. Can't compete with some of you. What do you think was going on in Edwards teams?

Good thing some of you are bringing non-related previous deeds and lumping them together. If we only committed half-way to him when we knew he was a bit of a project we probably should have informed of that upfront.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
B
Brayden Green
CAFB_04-12 wrote:
declocoug wrote:
Wow, If i was bronco and Van Noy was really thinking of QUITTING (yeah, he'd be a quitter), I'd be done with KVN. Why post that garbage on facebook?


Because he is a dumb 19 year old ... remember when you were 19 ?

I never got a DUI when I was 19...



That's beyond "just a dumb kid."


There's a reason he stayed with the Heaps family instead of going, "Back home."



But you're right, you guys probably had the exact same childhood.
D
Ddawg
BlueIsBetter wrote:
dmcougar wrote:
Declo. Do you actually have any kids? How about if the Cc moderators kicked your fanny off CC bc you are being so reactive? Probably not necessary.

I'm not saying this should be tolerated. But, you sound like a jilted lover.



This is part of the problem with this team. More talented young ones who know they will shortly be better than the experienced ones who the system favors. And they are getting some pt but recognize its just appeasement. I'm not even saying play all the youngsters, but the problem is this team is lacking unity, leadership and clarity of purpose. I do have faith in Bronco, so it will be a very interesting test of his leadership.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">

I actually do have kids and would want them to be disciplined if they were this careless in their commitments. Sorry, I think KVN is the one being overreactive here.


That's the point, he is being over reactive. They got killed, on the road, and he didn't see ANY playing time. And watched the guy in front of him on the depth chart wiffing tackles and taking just bad lines, and not hitting people right in front of him. Watch the game back, Frazier was horrific out there. You think KVN was watching the team defense as a whole? Well, maybe. But only after watching his man, (Frazier) make an absolute fool of himself. That's not easy to swallow.



And what do you think the internet is used for today? What are you doing on here? Your reaction to him is a lot more like his than you think. "I'm done."




Declo - don't be so tough on a 19 y/o kid who wants to win & wants to contribute! As for facebook - it's how the current generation communicates! It's what they do. What are you doing? Making really tough judgements about having Van Noy on "thin ice" & "I'd be done w/ KVN" - in a PUBLIC FORUM!! Are you kidding?? - This is just as public - if not more so than Facebook!! Wowzi!!! Let him vent. Look @ all the tough comments here on this website - made by mature working men. Some of the comments are stunning. I think a lot will be learned from this past weekend. Especially the coaching staff. They just flat out blew it. As for Kyle Van Noy - he's part of the answer to out problems! We don't want to alienate a real talent. Just saying ....... I'm a Kyle Van Noy fan! I'm chomping @ the bit to watch this kid "do his thang!!"

8)
Advertisement
G
Guest
Stupid immature comment from a teenager.
C
CAFB_04-12
I don't care who you are or what kind of "childhood" you had--if you have a DUI that should be automatic jail time. Drunk drivers kill innocent people. Period. Sorry if that seems a bit archaic of me.



I hope he bounces back from an apparently difficult childhood and has a great career at BYU. Bronco has invested a lot in his recruitment, and he's shown to be committed to Bronco. Seems like a competitive kid who lashed out on FB after a really bad loss.
B
BigCougsFan
Isn't this the kid who got a DUI, then Bronco said he can't enroll for a year, but could enroll into any other school he chose? Then KVN accepted his justice and committed to Bronco then, that he will wait a year to enroll at BYU?



Are those the type of recruits Bronco wants? Kids who want BYU for what it is?



He made a mistake and accepted the consequence, but shows emotion in a Facebook page and some say he's a "quiter" WHEN in all reality... We are assuming he's talking about football.



What he did was the same thing what Max Hall did, on his rant about hating Utah. He said what was on his mind, regardless if its right or wrong. Both of these rants came after a very emotional game.



KVN has worked too hard to just walk away from BYU.



I figure I'll get ridiculed for something I just said... So let's hear it.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
B
Brayden Green
BigCougsFan wrote:
Isn't this the kid who got a DUI, then Bronco said he can't enroll for a year, but could enroll into any other school he chose? Then KVN accepted his justice and committed to Bronco then, that he will wait a year to enroll at BYU?



Are those the type of recruits Bronco wants? Kids who want BYU for what it is?



He made a mistake and accepted the consequence, but shows emotion in a Facebook page and some say he's a "quiter" WHEN in all reality... We are assuming he's talking about football.



What he did was the same thing what Max Hall did, on his rant about hating Utah. He said what was on his mind, regardless if its right or wrong. Both of these rants came after a very emotional game.



KVN has worked too hard to just walk away from BYU.



I figure I'll get ridiculed for something I just said... So let's hear it.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">


Exactly, he's not going to take another year away from football on a transfer. He was just being stupid for a second. As for his, future talks, he might be talking about to point out to coach that he should have been playing more in that game, and he'd be 110% right.
G
Guest
What exactly has Van Noy showed us in practice so far to show that he should be starting?
Page 1 of 3
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.