Archived Topic

Two Questions

by AmmonCougar1 · 9/12/2010

Advertisement
A
AmmonCougar1
First, I'm slightly confused at Bronco's love for AF when they still ride the edge of the rules regarding chop blocks. IIRC BYU was called for a chop block vs. UW last week and yesterday after the game Brocno mentioned that Ogletree and Fuga both had (I don't know how severe or the words he used exactly) sore knees. I have difficulty how someone can gush about a team that consistently plays in the gray areas of the rules.



Second, I wasn't able to watch the game but in listening to Wrubel and after talking with a friend who did, is it possible/likely that AF was instructed to hurt BYU as it sounded like their personal fouls were excessive? And are we going to be facing this all year where MWC teams are more interested in sending us out with injuries than losses and both if they can make it happen?



Any perspectives from my CB friends would interest me.



Go Cougs!!!

J. Child

Ammon, ID
K
kfilly20
Its not against the rules, therefore it is not in any grey area. Maybe it should be against the rules but it isn't right now. No Air Force wasn't trying to hurt anyone. Come on lets be serious.
S
Sammich
I said it before, and I'll say it again. I hate Air Force and their cheating ways. They are not classy, and even if their blocks are borderline legal they are pushing the edge in more ways than that every year. And imitating the the snap count to draw false starts is not legal. (Don't try to tell me they didn't do it this year, they got caught two years in a row doing it against us and we had 7 times as many false starts yesterday as we did in our first game).
B
Brayden Green
kfilly20 wrote:
Its not against the rules, therefore it is not in any grey area. Maybe it should be against the rules but it isn't right now. No Air Force wasn't trying to hurt anyone. Come on lets be serious.


A cut block isn't against the rules, a chop block is. There is a difference. Air force does both, and did both. Diving at someone's knees is a good way to hurt them.



I would be fine if we never played Air Force another game in our life. Look at the IR every week after to show me why playing them is a good idea.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.