Archived Topic

Bronco's Comment

by AJP · 9/12/2010

Advertisement
A
AJP
On why he played Riley Nelson exclusively in the second half:



"Heaps could play. It just seemed at that time that Riley had a little bit more, maybe confidence. [He] was seeing the field just a hair better. But there's a lot to be reviewed."



ugh... :sick:



taken from http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/blogs/byusports/50268757-65/story.csp" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
M
Metal Bubba
In Bronco we trust.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
B
BroncoBot
Metal Bubba wrote:
In Bronco we trust.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">

amen.
B
Brayden Green
In Bronco I trust, I don't trust Anae farther than I can throw him. Which is about 1 yard, to be exact.
C
Cougs_Rule
Really? He's gotta go 260. I'd like to see that. Maybe we should put you at Buck LB.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
Advertisement
I
Italics
AJP wrote:
On why he played Riley Nelson exclusively in the second half:



"Heaps could play. It just seemed at that time that Riley had a little bit more, maybe confidence. [He] was seeing the field just a hair better. But there's a lot to be reviewed."



ugh... :sick:



taken from http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/blogs/byusports/50268757-65/story.csp" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;


Nelson was seeing the field better? :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick:
B
BigCougsFan
"There's a lot to be reviewed"



I hope that means what I think it means....



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
B
Brayden Green
BigCougsFan wrote:
"There's a lot to be reviewed"



I hope that means what I think it means....



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">


I think it means



"There's a lot to be reviewed" - lol. :)
G
Guest
I think the statistics back up Broncos statement.
B
Brayden Green
hawkwing wrote:
I think the statistics back up Broncos statement.


I think that statistics don't win games.



It is the acquisition/earning of statistics that wins games - which Riley and his team failed to do from the 3rd quarter, on. Clearly an adjustment should have been made, no matter which quarterback you like. You have to admit that what they were doing wasn't working once they switched to a 4-3 and stacked the box.



The coaches decided to go down with the ship, violins and all.
Advertisement
I
Italics
hawkwing wrote:
I think the statistics back up Broncos statement.


Statistically the running-back at my middle school was better than Harvey Unga.



See? Using statistics is fun when you ignore every other aspect of something.
G
Guest
Italics wrote:
I think the statistics back up Broncos statement.


Statistically the running-back at my middle school was better than Harvey Unga.



See? Using statistics is fun when you ignore every other aspect of something.


I do not appreciate your condescending post. I think it's very weak attempt to cover for a lack of ability to refute my point.
J
jonnylingo
Statistics only tell half the story. The stats favor riley without showing the whole picture.



Jake is a prototypical byu quarterback. What does byu's offense depend on? Chemistry and timing. Being switched in and out with another quarterback makes this nearly impossible. Jake has not had the reps he needs with the receivers to get this chemistry and timing down. It was grossly negligent in my opinion that the coaches didn't just name jake starter at the beginning camp and do what they needed to get him as ready as possible to play.



We have now wasted hundreds of reps for nothing. They need to name one guy. I think if they name nelson we lose more games than if they name heaps after watching riley against air force.



Jake has not had a fair shot to show what he can do. Riley has. He is very limited.



I was talking to my usu fan neighbor who says riley would be second to borel right now. I agree.



1. heaps

2. lark

3. munns



nelson is situation qb that comes in when needed. It is staring us in the face. lets see if the coaches can figure it out now.



if they don't go this way they need to simply pick riley and see what he can do. this is the dumbest idea in my opinoin because one riley is very limited and easy to gameplan for and two it wastes the talent we finally have in place to make ours system really work at a higher level. but no more two qb crap. get the young guys in, let them take their lumps so we are ready for next year!
M
Mars
Italics wrote:
I think the statistics back up Broncos statement.
Statistically the running-back at my middle school was better than Harvey Unga.

:lol:
B
BoiseBYU
If Nelson was seeing the field better than Heaps, heaven help this team
Advertisement
I
IndiCoug
AJP wrote:
On why he played Riley Nelson exclusively in the second half:



"Heaps could play. It just seemed at that time that Riley had a little bit more, maybe confidence. [He] was seeing the field just a hair better. But there's a lot to be reviewed."



ugh... :sick:



taken from http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/blogs/byusports/50268757-65/story.csp" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;


This is a 180 from what he said immediately after the game and that was ..... he didn't know the reason because Anea and Doman were responsible for the offense/QB's.

Which I responded.....GARBAGE!!! :angry:
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.