Archived Topic

Get Over it...

by allcoug · 9/12/2010

Advertisement
A
allcoug
We are a very young team and we lost to a great military school (not football great just great) on 9/11. If we end up 3-1 or 2-2 after our first four games I'll consider it a success - especially if we put the hurt on Nevada. Just relax and thank those Air Boys for being on the frontline of freedom. I for one am happy to them the win on a day like today.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
B
BigCougsFan
Come on man!



You must be a Cougar and frUte fan with that type of comment!



"I just want both Utah teams to win!"
I
Italics
allcoug wrote:
We are a very young team and we lost to a great military school (not football great just great) on 9/11. If we end up 3-1 or 2-2 after our first four games I'll consider it a success - especially if we put the hurt on Nevada. Just relax and thank those Air Boys for being on the frontline of freedom. I for one am happy to them the win on a day like today.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">


The issue for me is that this game was winnable. We are young, and yes, we do have lots of potential for the future. But the way the team - particularly the offense - is being run right now is - in my opinion - preventing the team from growing the way it could. If we keep up this QB draw/option offense, it leaves our offense completely in the dark after Nelson is gone. At this point I'm fine with having a down year, I just want it to be a growing experience for the team.
M
Mingjai
Italics wrote:
The issue for me is that this game was winnable. We are young, and yes, we do have lots of potential for the future. But the way the team - particularly the offense - is being run right now is - in my opinion - preventing the team from growing the way it could. If we keep up this QB draw/option offense, it leaves our offense completely in the dark after Nelson is gone. At this point I'm fine with having a down year, I just want it to be a growing experience for the team.


I give Air Force credit for having a great game plan and executing. But BYU shouldn't have been surprised by anything Air Force did. The academy can't recruit like other schools, but they have a lot of good athletes who are smart and disciplined. Because I'm confident that BYU has better athletes than Air Force, any time BYU loses to the Falcons it's because BYU was unprepared or undisciplined. I think it was mostly the former this time.
Advertisement
I
Italics
Mingjai wrote:
The issue for me is that this game was winnable. We are young, and yes, we do have lots of potential for the future. But the way the team - particularly the offense - is being run right now is - in my opinion - preventing the team from growing the way it could. If we keep up this QB draw/option offense, it leaves our offense completely in the dark after Nelson is gone. At this point I'm fine with having a down year, I just want it to be a growing experience for the team.


I give Air Force credit for having a great game plan and executing. But BYU shouldn't have been surprised by anything Air Force did. The academy can't recruit like other schools, but they have a lot of good athletes who are smart and disciplined. Because I'm confident that BYU has better athletes than Air Force, any time BYU loses to the Falcons it's because BYU was unprepared or undisciplined. I think it was mostly the former this time.


You're entitled to your opinion... but Air Force's players looked faster, stronger, and more athletic than our players did. Our players looked slow, confused, and weak.
M
Mingjai
Italics wrote:
Italics wrote:
The issue for me is that this game was winnable. We are young, and yes, we do have lots of potential for the future. But the way the team - particularly the offense - is being run right now is - in my opinion - preventing the team from growing the way it could. If we keep up this QB draw/option offense, it leaves our offense completely in the dark after Nelson is gone. At this point I'm fine with having a down year, I just want it to be a growing experience for the team.


I give Air Force credit for having a great game plan and executing. But BYU shouldn't have been surprised by anything Air Force did. The academy can't recruit like other schools, but they have a lot of good athletes who are smart and disciplined. Because I'm confident that BYU has better athletes than Air Force, any time BYU loses to the Falcons it's because BYU was unprepared or undisciplined. I think it was mostly the former this time.


You're entitled to your opinion... but Air Force's players looked faster, stronger, and more athletic than our players did. Our players looked slow, confused, and weak.


Lack of preparedness and poor game-planning/in-game adjustments make players look slow, confused, and weak.
M
Matty-B
Mingjai wrote:
Mingjai wrote:
The issue for me is that this game was winnable. We are young, and yes, we do have lots of potential for the future. But the way the team - particularly the offense - is being run right now is - in my opinion - preventing the team from growing the way it could. If we keep up this QB draw/option offense, it leaves our offense completely in the dark after Nelson is gone. At this point I'm fine with having a down year, I just want it to be a growing experience for the team.


I give Air Force credit for having a great game plan and executing. But BYU shouldn't have been surprised by anything Air Force did. The academy can't recruit like other schools, but they have a lot of good athletes who are smart and disciplined. Because I'm confident that BYU has better athletes than Air Force, any time BYU loses to the Falcons it's because BYU was unprepared or undisciplined. I think it was mostly the former this time.


You're entitled to your opinion... but Air Force's players looked faster, stronger, and more athletic than our players did. Our players looked slow, confused, and weak.


Lack of preparedness and poor game-planning/in-game adjustments make players look slow, confused, and weak.


THIS!!!



Anyway... get over it??? Are you kidding me?

Go root for another team! The next time you tell me to sit down and be quiet at LES I'm going to backhand you.

Go away
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.