Archived Topic

The bright side ..

by kfilly20 · 9/12/2010

Advertisement
K
kfilly20
We are playing a TON of freshman and first year starters. I am a realist I expected an 8 - 4 season and I am standing by that. We are really really young and we played like it today. We are having a rebuilding year and we need to realize it. Chambers on the other hand is not young and still plays like a freshman in high school.
B
byutx
we are playing a ton of young talent, except, unfortunately at QB, where we may just end up wasting the season on Nelson.
M
mizzoucoug
I called for 11 wins but I was high at the time. 8 wins is more like it but even that is a stretch if Nelson is going to be starting. I don't really care much anymore about our record since we won't be making any big bowls now. The goal for the rest of the season should be Heaps' development and to find the next star TE and LB(s). Of course you continue to play to win, but I think Nelson is just a quick fix because he's safe. I prefer the good ol' gun-slinging days, thank you, so let's go with Heaps here on out. FSU will smoke us either way but I promise you we won't be able to run on them with Riley.
M
MountainMD
I hate to say it, but may be that the brightest side is that we can let Florida State really light Nelson up again next week and then there can be no doubt that we must move on to the future and Heaps can have a fresh start at home against Nevada and we can enjoy the building of a new QB with a good fresh start. While Heaps did not lead BYU to scores again (had Chambers covered a fumble instead of playing hot potato (or DiLuigi secured it in the first place), the score for Heaps was coming fast. The threat of Heaps throwing opens up our running game. When teams must prepare for that, the running Nelson also benefits. When it is all Riley, we don't have a chance - I saw it clearly in limited action last year - today was clear.
C
coogeyman
mizzoucoug wrote:
I called for 11 wins but I was high at the time. 8 wins is more like it but even that is a stretch if Nelson is going to be starting. I don't really care much anymore about our record since we won't be making any big bowls now. The goal for the rest of the season should be Heaps' development and to find the next star TE and LB(s). Of course you continue to play to win, but I think Nelson is just a quick fix because he's safe. I prefer the good ol' gun-slinging days, thank you, so let's go with Heaps here on out. FSU will smoke us either way but I promise you we won't be able to run on them with Riley.






At least, Oklahoma smoked FSU...there has to be some redeeming item to this awful day! ;)
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.