Archived Topic

Air Force is favored?

by BoiseBYU · 9/10/2010

Advertisement
B
BoiseBYU
So the local paper shows Air Force as a 2.5 point favorite? Really? Has this been posted elsewhere? I know AF is always tough but we almost always take care of business and beat them. What gives?
R
radius19
BoiseBYU wrote:
So the local paper shows Air Force as a 2.5 point favorite? Really? Has this been posted elsewhere? I know AF is always tough but we almost always take care of business and beat them. What gives?


Last I heard this morning on 1320, BYU was a 1.5 point favorite.
L
Lawboy
As of now, BYU is favored from 1-1.5 pts in Vegas, with the over under for the game at 50 pts. All I know is that I would take BYU, but no clue on the over/under. Probably under.
C
Cougs_Rule
Wouldnt be surprised if the line is +1.5 for AF. Look, as the odds makers and world would see, we have 2 qb's, which to most folks means, "No QB's", lost all our record breaking players, lots of freshmen (16 played last week for first itme), and on the road to a fired-up, mid-grade, mid-major team that is trying to break into the top ranks of said mid-major--that just put up 60+ points (notwithstanding an FBS).

I'd almost take that bet, if I didnt know more as an insider and fan.
F
frdbtr
Vegas odds are set up specifically to even out the betting on both teams so that the house will win no matter what happens. I don't ever read too much into odds unless the line is huge (like 20pts).
Advertisement
S
SpiffCoug
Every line at ESPN has AF as a -1 favorite (http://espn.go.com/college-football/lines" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;). With an over/under of 50 points. So Vegas is thinking a 25.5-24.5 game. Or 26-24 win for AF.
I
Italics
i'll be willing to question those lines after BYU wins tomorrow.
B
BYUcougfan
dmcougar wrote:
lots of freshmen (16 played last week for first itme


Yeah, but most of those were TEs! :bug:
T
tripwire
frdbtr wrote:
Vegas odds are set up specifically to even out the betting on both teams so that the house will win no matter what happens. I don't ever read too much into odds unless the line is huge (like 20pts).

Exactly, they aren't necessarily predicting who will win and by how much.
I
Italics
this is why I refuse to have a cocky attitude going into our games... especially when I seem to be one of the few people who saw all the issues our team had against Washington.
Advertisement
M
Mingjai
Italics wrote:
this is why I refuse to have a cocky attitude going into our games... especially when I seem to be one of the few people who saw all the issues our team had against Washington.


That's why I was reminding everyone that BYU was 0-2 with a first year starting QB in September in Colorado Springs. I had a bad feeling about the game all week...
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.