Archived Topic

When Quezada made the TD why didn't anyone yell "JUICE"???

by Kbear · 9/10/2010

Advertisement
K
Kbear
I really thought that the fans would get it but maybe they were just surprised that he caught a TD so soon. The guy is great! :lol:
S
Schmoe
I didn't realize it was him til I got home and saw the highlights.
C
Cougs_Rule
I heard some calling Juice in the east stands. Personally,I think its not exactly the most flattering nickname. I know that sounds petty.
C
Cougarbib
OJ Simpson may have spoiled that nickname which I assume got because OJ is short for orange juice.



So how did Josh Quezada end up being called Juice?



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
C
craigoscarson
You're asking 65,000 BYU fans to be educated enough for this kids 1st game ever... give it time. Not all BYU fans are quick to the punch, some need a bandwagon to get with the program.



I remember some fans that thought that people were still booing Luke Staley, well into his junior year.
Advertisement
T
tmoney35
I think you have to really earn it to have fans do the cheer that sounds like we're booing...like "LUUUUUUUKE" or "FUUUUUUUUUi". Not just anyone can have that honor :D



maybe in another year or so, when he starts throwing down 100 yards games he'll get the cheer, "JUUUUUUUUUUICE"
S
snoscythe
Probably because juice at LES is like $6.95



-AW
D
Ddawg
snoscythe wrote:
Probably because juice at LES is like $6.95



-AW


+1 LOL!!!!!!!! Good one.

:lol:
K
kjjson
Probably because a lot of fans were like, wait, who was that.....(check the program)....#20, Joshua Quezada...and by that time, it would have been too late. Give it until the next home game.
I
imuakahuku
Kbear wrote:
I really thought that the fans would get it but maybe they were just surprised that he caught a TD so soon. The guy is great! :lol:


I did yell it. You just couldn't hear me from Ohio. :)
Advertisement
G
Gunk
kjjson wrote:
Probably because a lot of fans were like, wait, who was that.....(check the program)....#20, Joshua Quezada...and by that time, it would have been too late. Give it until the next home game.


You're assuming they even bought a program. Guarantee you, no one in the student section had a program. And the other half of the stadium that might have had a program probably aren't up to speed on the high school nicknames of the rookies.
K
kjjson
Gunk wrote:
Probably because a lot of fans were like, wait, who was that.....(check the program)....#20, Joshua Quezada...and by that time, it would have been too late. Give it until the next home game.


You're assuming they even bought a program. Guarantee you, no one in the student section had a program. And the other half of the stadium that might have had a program probably aren't up to speed on the high school nicknames of the rookies.


Probably true, but considering how many first time players we had out there, it was $3 well spent for me.
C
CAFB_04-12
Greg Wrubell yelled "Juuuuuice! Quezada" on KSL.
Q
QuarterbackU
It could be mistaken for JEEEEWW or BOOOOOO, I never really like it when we booed fui.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.