Archived Topic

BYUCougars.com not updated?

by EM_Puma · 9/8/2010

Advertisement
E
EM_Puma
Have you ever gone to BYU's "official" sports website and wondered why:



1) BYU Football All-Time Record vs. Opponents - hasn't been updated with new data since 2007

2) Click on Football stats and you get: Current - "BYU Overall Team Statistics (as of Sep 06, 2010)" gives the season-to-date 2010 season stats; but click on 2009 and you get - "BYU 2008 Season Stats, BY Overall Team Statistics (as of Feb 20, 2009)" - so are they 2008 or 2009?

3) Click on "Media Guide" and you get 2009's guide

4) Click on "Info Center" tab under "Polls" and click on "AP Top 25" and you are taken to the USAToday webpage dated 10 Jan 2009 (Click on the Top 25 Coaches Poll and thankfully you are taken to the current data).



I stopped there. I was just trying to find some stats on one of the BYU players and I'm just shocked that the BYU football staff would not think it important to keep up their website. It reflects something. Is it they don't care? Or...because they've only made $1.5 million from MWC TV revenue that they don't have the money to hire anyone or assign an intern to update all links? I don't know, but it was embarassing to think if someone from outside BYU went to this official site that they would see such lackadaisical attempt to be professional. As I note, I just clicked on a few links, so I don't know how many are off the mark.
S
SpiffCoug
And this is surprising to you? BYU SID is awful, lazy, incompetent and frankly, dispassionate and indifferent about their roles in feeding the BYU machine.



If you are looking for stats on the team, cougarstats.com is a much better way to go.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.