Archived Topic

Central Florida in provo in 2011

by Lawboy · 9/3/2010

Advertisement
I
Italics
http://cougarcorner.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4479&start=10" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;



See my second post on the page.



Unfortunately, this will just fuel Mars' and Sno's envy/hate even more towards the knowledge I've received.



"You said you couldn't remember if it was USF or UCF, so it doesn't count!"
F
Florwood
Italics, good call, but just stop it with the snark. Please.
E
EM_Puma
I had heard of UCF, but I had to google them to find out which conference they were in. I had hoped Big EAst, but C-USA. They have 45K stadium in Orlando they tout as the newest college facility in the country. It's a completed bowl--looks good. Still way better than a N. Iowa/E. Washington/E. Illinois. As they said, we just have to have patience in the first few years of independence. Their non-conf slate this seaon is N Dakota; NC State; Buffalo and Kansas State
I
Italics
EM_Puma wrote:
I had heard of UCF, but I had to google them to find out which conference they were in. I had hoped Big EAst, but C-USA. They have 45K stadium in Orlando they tout as the newest college facility in the country. It's a completed bowl--looks good. Still way better than a N. Iowa/E. Washington/E. Illinois. As they said, we just have to have patience in the first few years of independence.


They played a good game against Houston last year and ended up defeating them. Keep in mind that Houston is the team that all the MWC crybabies seem so hot about adding to the MWC.
Advertisement
E
EM_Puma
Italics wrote:
I had heard of UCF, but I had to google them to find out which conference they were in. I had hoped Big EAst, but C-USA. They have 45K stadium in Orlando they tout as the newest college facility in the country. It's a completed bowl--looks good. Still way better than a N. Iowa/E. Washington/E. Illinois. As they said, we just have to have patience in the first few years of independence.


They played a good game against Houston last year and ended up defeating them. Keep in mind that Houston is the team that all the MWC crybabies seem so hot about adding to the MWC.


Sure, not trying to dis them or seem arrogant, but I'm just more excited about BCS teams.
Y
Y-Town
EM_Puma wrote:
EM_Puma wrote:
I had heard of UCF, but I had to google them to find out which conference they were in. I had hoped Big EAst, but C-USA. They have 45K stadium in Orlando they tout as the newest college facility in the country. It's a completed bowl--looks good. Still way better than a N. Iowa/E. Washington/E. Illinois. As they said, we just have to have patience in the first few years of independence.


They played a good game against Houston last year and ended up defeating them. Keep in mind that Houston is the team that all the MWC crybabies seem so hot about adding to the MWC.


Sure, not trying to dis them or seem arrogant, but I'm just more excited about BCS teams.


And they will be, but you can't play a whole schedule of them (at lease meaningful ones) and not kill your changes for a balanced schedule. Remember we do play Texas, Bosie, Utah (I assume) next year and probably will add at least 1-more tough team.



That is a pretty respectable schedule having 3-4 tough games, 2-moderate teams, and the rest probably wins. Good balancing and if you can go 10-2 with that type of schedule you should be in the top 15 every year.
T
tripwire
Y-Town wrote:

And they will be, but you can't play a whole schedule of them (at lease meaningful ones) and not kill your changes for a balanced schedule. Remember we do play Texas, Bosie, Utah (I assume) next year and probably will add at least 1-more tough team.



That is a pretty respectable schedule having 3-4 tough games, 2-moderate teams, and the rest probably wins. Good balancing and if you can go 10-2 with that type of schedule you should be in the top 15 every year.

Exactly right. I knew that some fans would start bitching when every single game we play isn't against a BCS team.

We don't automatically get to play Wyoming, San Diego State, UNLV, CSU and New Mexico every year anymore. We have to replace those games with someone. Is Central Florida really any worse than any of those teams? And isn't it nice to get to watch the Cougars actually play different teams every year?
F
Florwood
tripwire wrote:
And isn't it nice to get to watch the Cougars actually play different teams every year?


If it's a string of different c-usa, sunbelt, and wac teams, no. But I'm happy to give them a few (3?) years to get into the scheduling groove.
I
Italics
Florwood wrote:
And isn't it nice to get to watch the Cougars actually play different teams every year?


If it's a string of different c-usa, sunbelt, and wac teams, no. But I'm happy to give them a few (3?) years to get into the scheduling groove.


2-3 good teams on our schedule is equivalent to what we usually get in the MWC. We'll have more than 2-3 good teams on our schedule.
Advertisement
C
CaptainCoug
I think this is actually a great game. UCF is a great up and coming school. They are looking to make some serious noise and get more exposure for their program, what better way to do it than by playing us.
B
BigCougsFan
I'm kinda nervous about Florida teams. Especially a certain team in week three.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
S
scott715
I would like to see our schedule have zero 100+ ranked teams on it (like NM, CSU and SDSU). To start it would be great if they all were under 80 and in a few years all under 60. This game fits the bill and is a good start.
M
Mars


So Italics has got one guess right out of a dozen, and two (Texas Tech and TCU) blatantly wrong as this point.



People only right 33% of the time shouldn't bet.
8
88Coug
UCF is a very large state school in a very Mormon region of Florida. When the Big East grabbed a Florida school to replace Miami, I was very shocked it was USF, who had no facilities and a rather weak history (4 years total in FBS) prior to the Big East invite. UCF has been a FBS school as long as Boise (1996) and is on the Big East expansion short list (and may be a Big East team by the time we play them).
Advertisement
B
BigCougsFan
Mars wrote:


So Italics has got one guess right out of a dozen, and two (Texas Tech and TCU) blatantly wrong as this point.


Is this your assumption that he's "blatantly" wrong -- or do you have a "source" telling you that we're not working on Texas Tech???
M
Mars
BigCougsFan wrote:
So Italics has got one guess right out of a dozen, and two (Texas Tech and TCU) blatantly wrong as this point.
Is this your assumption that he's "blatantly" wrong -- or do you have a "source" telling you that we're not working on Texas Tech???

http://www.cougarcorner.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4606" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;



http://www.redraiders.com/2010/09/01/tech-notes-coach-ad-say-byu-game-not-happening/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I
Italics
Mars wrote:


So Italics has got one guess right out of a dozen, and two (Texas Tech and TCU) blatantly wrong as this point.



People only right 33% of the time shouldn't bet.


I'm past trying to argue with you. Just keep up the "tough guy" thing, I won't try to hinder your progress anymore :roll:
S
stuckinbig10country
By my count, I see 10 games scheduled (Home: Utah St, Utah, UCF, 3 WAC teams; Away: Texas, Oregon St., 2 WAC teams). We have 2 or 3 more games to schedule (depending on if we have Hawaii, and I'm seriously too lazy to look). Probably at least one more home game (maybe 2?). How much like Notre Dame do we want to be?
B
Brayden Green
CaptainCoug wrote:
I think this is actually a great game. UCF is a great up and coming school. They are looking to make some serious noise and get more exposure for their program, what better way to do it than by playing us.


Jim Carrey is right, it should be a good game, and more importantly a guaranteed win in a though schedule.



Welcome to the board. :)
Page 1 of 2
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.