Archived Topic

Officiating

by hypercoug · 9/3/2010

Advertisement
H
hypercoug
So, officiating... Am I the only one concerned about the calls BYU might get from MWC officials this year? I foresee a lot of judgment call penalties holds, PI, etc. I really think the MWC's going to have an axe to grind against BYU this year, and it will be evident on the field, during games (announcers) and pre/postgame shows, etc.



Anybody know what crew is officiating Saturday? Is it a Pac 10 crew, a MWC crew, or a mix? I almost hope it's a Pac-10 crew.
Y
Y-Town
I believe it is a Pac 10 +2 crew as I have heard that they take their refs with them to any game they play.

Also, no big difference with the MWC refs. I am not trying to be a homer here, but arguably the MWC has jacked BYU for years with officiating, so nothing new there besides the fact that we only have this season left to deal with those clowns!!!
N
NebraskaCoug
It shouldn't have a large overall effect since this is a "rebuilding year" of sorts anyway. I am sure our less experienced players will earn (and learn from) some of those penalty calls.
N
nogbody
pretty sure it will be a MWC crew, as PAC 10 is the weird conference that has their own refs at home PAC 10 games.... so for our home games we use MWC refs.



DId I get that wrong?
B
BYUMPG
How could the officiating be more biased then it aready has been. Having a penalty called for "trying to deceive the defense" is as bad as it can get. IMO
Advertisement
F
Florwood
nogbody wrote:
pretty sure it will be a MWC crew, as PAC 10 is the weird conference that has their own refs at home PAC 10 games.... so for our home games we use MWC refs.



DId I get that wrong?


I'm sure your right.
B
byutx
Y-Town wrote:
I believe it is a Pac 10 +2 crew as I have heard that they take their refs with them to any game they play.

Nope. And, IIRC, there is not a "MWC crew" just several made up of different conferences' refs.
Y
Y-Town
byutx wrote:
I believe it is a Pac 10 +2 crew as I have heard that they take their refs with them to any game they play.

Nope. And, IIRC, there is not a "MWC crew" just several made up of different conferences' refs.


Hey thanks that is good to know. I wondered how the Pac would have got a deal to always use their refs? Thanks for the clarification.
A
AJP
byutx wrote:
I believe it is a Pac 10 +2 crew as I have heard that they take their refs with them to any game they play.

Nope. And, IIRC, there is not a "MWC crew" just several made up of different conferences' refs.

combination of MWC, WAC, and Big 12 officials
K
kjjson
So along with this, who will officiate our away games in the coming years?
Advertisement
M
Mars
AJP wrote:
Nope. And, IIRC, there is not a "MWC crew" just several made up of different conferences' refs.
combination of MWC, WAC, and Big 12 officials

Soon to be just MWC and Big 12 officials... :whistle:
B
BigCougsFan
BYUMPG wrote:
How could the officiating be more biased then it aready has been. Having a penalty called for "trying to deceive the defense" is as bad as it can get. IMO


LOL -- Yeah that was bad. Kinda like these calls.



[youtube]iNoy1yKmcRw&feature=related[/youtube]



[youtube]6D8aAC4jrPM&feature=related[/youtube]
S
SenorCougar
BigCougsFan wrote:
How could the officiating be more biased then it aready has been. Having a penalty called for "trying to deceive the defense" is as bad as it can get. IMO


LOL -- Yeah that was bad. Kinda like these calls.



[youtube]iNoy1yKmcRw&feature=related[/youtube]



[youtube]6D8aAC4jrPM&feature=related[/youtube]


I wonder if Hair Thompson was giving BYU the business?........
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.